Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Some people are better at things like video game pixels.. You might be one of them.
    Others are better at things that matter more, like how to act with other people in real life... You clearly are not one of them.
    In conclusion, if I was you, I'd turn my pc off for a while and practice the latter.. Because in terms of WOW speaking, you are currently not even Real Life LFR material.
    Well to be honest you have no idea how he behaves in real life. It's no secret that a lot of people behave on the internet in a way they would never behave in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Well to be honest you have on idea how he behaves in real life. It's no secret that a lot of people behave on the internet in a way they would never behave in real life.
    They might not behave that way IRL because it'd bring them consequences that they couldn't handle, but the personality...? It's still there. The Internet does a good job at showing peoples nature when they feel secure...there will always be trolls, but some people are surely showing their true colors.

These insults flying through the thread since page two.
    Unfortunately some always seem to think they are better than others, and overestimate the importance of a game.
    Says the person who just told someone they aren't fit for real life based on some forum posts....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Well to be honest you have no idea how he behaves in real life. It's no secret that a lot of people behave on the internet in a way they would never behave in real life.
    That's already a mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Says the person who just told someone they aren't fit for real life based on some forum posts....
    after a tirade of insulting posts that make the conclusion rather easy.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    because being better than others is kinda awesome........should try it some time
    Someone who needs a videogame to feel accomplished in life is not someone that I consider "better than others" lmao

15+ Year Old Account
    @OP

Yeah, I think it's great they're making a distinction, and keep in mind "normal" is what flex is now, so the aesthetics will be fairly easy to get for anyone interested.

because being better than others is kinda awesome........should try it some time
    try being nice for once.
    its kind of fun.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    .....You really don't understand how this is insulting?
    no more insulting than some cripple having to use a ramp or elevator cause hes crippled

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    try being nice for once.
    being nice is ovverratted. The world isn't all sunshines and rainbows.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people are better at things like video game pixels.. You might be one of them.
    Others are better at things that matter more, like how to act with other people in real life... You clearly are not one of them
    So beyond your snarky ass mouth, how does anything you say disapprove that being better, or on the winning team something that's not great?

Infracted. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-09-06 at 02:21 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Blackhand's Hammer essentially was designed for the Warrior tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having more skill (or thinking you have more skill) at a game does not always make you a better person as a whole. Perhaps there are things which are more important in life than being more proficient at trivial things which have no positive lasting effect on society. It may be a stretch to suggest that having more gaming skill is synonymous with having other more transferable traits which could have a profound impact on real life situations or be considered marketable assets. Realistically, it often just means that you have more time to spend on these endeavors; distracting you from meaningful interactions, rather than using that time to experience the world or provide for a family. The truly elite are those who display excellence in many facets of life simultaneously, all while killing hella hard raid bosses.

Signature and Avatar masterfully crafted by Eruionmel

Why are people crying about catering to hardcore players? You can get those items from normal mode which is the replacement of current flex, in other words, you can still get those items from insanely easy content. The only difference between LFR and Flex is that in Flex you actually have to execute the mechanics and in LFR you can ignore them more than half of the time.

no more insulting than some cripple having to use a ramp or elevator cause hes crippled

- - - Updated - - -

being nice is ovverratted. The world isn't all sunshines and rainbows.

- - - Updated - - -

So beyond your snarky ass mouth, how does anything you say disapprove that being better, or on the winning team something that's not great?
    .....What?

That's just plain disgusting/insulting, and you know it.

Did you just ignore everything else I said, or do you just not care?

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Why are people crying about catering to hardcore players? You can get those items from normal mode which is the replacement of current flex, in other words, you can still get those items from insanely easy content. The only difference between LFR and Flex is that in Flex you actually have to execute the mechanics and in LFR you can ignore them more than half of the time.
    Yeah, but in flex you have to go through the effort of finding a group which means becoming the raid leader and constantly filling and having people rage quit with no back-ups, or having to constantly pester people or beg for invites. (For pugging.)

So that's my biggest complaint with it. I don't know how well this dungeon finder tool is but if it's like many other of these little social conveniences they add to the game outside of dungeon and raid finder, it's probably going to be half as good as OQueue or Openraid and will be obsolete.

But we'll see. Even at that, the normal isn't that huge of an improvement. Mythic is obviously where they put the real effort for these sets and it annoys me that they're trying to force people into it or rewarding such a small minority of players. If they're going to make the visuals of the gear be the stand-out "I'm a mythic raider" to signify to other players, then they should just remove the option to transmog that gear. Otherwise, I don't see what the difference is between a player that transmogs over their mythic gear and just has higher stats than a lfr player. Why can't we just stick to the color scheme differentiation and stat increase? Or perhaps extra drops or bosses that are exclusive to mythic? Not an entire tier set with a unique visual?

Oh well. Assuming they keep this old content mechanism in place at the very latest I should be able to get a few randoms together and do the mythic version next expansion. Just seems like a waste of development time if you're going to make something so exclusive that the majority of the playerbase won't get to use it. Was there any real complaint about looking for raid gear looking similar? I know there was complaints about set bonuses, but that doesn't mean you need to divide all three raid settings up into different visuals and make all lfr quality loot look like vanilla crafted greens?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's just plain disgusting/insulting, and you know it.
    News Flash, Mother Terissa is not how normal people behave

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just ignore everything else I said, or do you just not care?
    such as what? Someone said something along the lines of 'why do people want to look/feel better' and I responded that its because being better than others is and awesome feeling.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the thread seems to no longer be about the relative merits of how raiding gear appears and has derailed into yet another LFR thread this will be closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."