dragon quest X question about monthly fee

i was wondering if anyone here plays dragon quest X and if so how do you pay for your monthly fee? i'm thinking about getting the game imported with my 3ds but i've heard some japanese services won't allow outside visa, debit, bank cards, ect. to pay for their services. so before i go and get the game i wanted to check if anyone out there can confirm if anything works to pay the fee outside of the Asian region?

bump, still trying to find the answer for this.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even think you can play it, I think you have to access the Japanese Nintendo WFC, and you need a Japanese DS to do it. Blame Square Enix for being too stupid to translate it and release it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I don't even think you can play it, I think you have to access the Japanese Nintendo WFC, and you need a Japanese DS to do it. Blame Square Enix for being too stupid to translate it and release it here.
    really? kinda sucks if i do need a japanese wifi but while trying to search google for an answer for how to pay for membership, i was reading that they've changed the need to use a vpn or special ip to play it. least they were saying that for the pc version. the only thing i could find is that some people are using some sort of web service points or think crysta to pay for it but think they tracked down on people doing that outside of japan.

the only update i can find on what i'm looking to find an answer on is i could maybe use japanese nintendo network cards/points to pay for the monthly fees but i don't know if that's a option or not. also one thought that just came to mind if anyone knows about it, how is playing on the servers from the us? i'd think there'd be some sort of ping or lag issues.