Looking for some music like this (psytrance)

i guess that's what the genre is called (that's how wikipedia describes the band anyway)

example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0d4DRioGjc [Vibrasphere - Morning Breeze (Atmos Remix)]
    (I particularly like 3:34+)

most of the similar stuff I found is a bit too obnoxious for my taste, I prefer it more subtle those vibrasphere guys.

thanks!

This is what is called Psy-trance these days? Seems a little slow...

Have you tried Nano records? Similar progressive style.

Protoculture particularly

and Hydrophonic
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2014-09-06 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try DI.FM. They have TONS of stations for every type of electronica you can think of, including Psytrance. After listening to that song, you might try giving Acid Trance a listen. It's got a similar sound to what you mentioned liking at 3:34+. DI.FM doesn't have an Acid Trance station, but it's something you can try to look up.
    Last edited by Vouksh89; 2014-09-06 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not into electronic music myself, but I like some stuff. I quite like solo records from Porcupine Tree's keyboard player Richard Barbieri, he used to play for band named Japan. It doesn't have this constant "Four on the dance floor" I find exhausting after some time.

Here is an example:

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Have you tried Nano records? Similar progressive style.

Protoculture particularly

and Hydrophonic
    ah yes. would prefer it a tiny bit slower but this is good. i'm checking this progressive shit atm (-goa -trance -house), some really good stuff too. cheers!

what the hell is the deal with them monologues they put in those track though? (i think they're from the movies or something). that happens way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    Try DI.FM. They have TONS of stations for every type of electronica you can think of, including Psytrance. After listening to that song, you might try giving Acid Trance a listen. It's got a similar sound to what you mentioned liking at 3:34+. DI.FM doesn't have an Acid Trance station, but it's something you can try to look up.
    acid trance seems way too fast but I do like the sound yeah. I might find a couple tunes I like.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I am not into electronic music myself, but I like some stuff. I quite like solo records from Porcupine Tree's keyboard player Richard Barbieri, he used to play for band named Japan. It doesn't have this constant "Four on the dance floor" I find exhausting after some time.

Here is an example:
    this is actually pretty good (i like porcupine tree as well) but totally not what i'm looking for atm ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol back in the days this use to be just trance lol now they got a sub genre every kind of trance lol
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    This may be close, I recommend anything Suduaya, Liquid Soul, E-Clip, some Simon Templar, and anything from J00F recordings, in which case john00fleming and Daniel Lesden are people I'd recommend to listen for podcast. I'll post more when not having to be at work in 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    This may be close, I recommend anything Suduaya, Liquid Soul, E-Clip
    yes yes close enough ;p going though their stuff right now and i like it, especially suduaya. gief moar!

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright found a few that may reach out of psy trance, but may be what you're looking for.

Simon Templar, I like him for the main reason of giving a song an atmosphere and room to breathe, I'm a fan of psy trance because they tend to have 8 minute+ songs that give it a beginning middle and end. It makes the best driving music. Perfect example.

Magnus, he's also pretty awesome, I like the melodies he creates.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R_2v8cerrw (3:35+ is my favorite part, beautiful melody)

Ovnimoon has his own label so he's usually just releasing people's music and making livesets now. One of my favorites.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s1SPNZ8_o

Suduaya will always remain my favorite though because of the sounds he makes in the middle of his songs. Sometimes even sounds like he's making a whole nother song inside the song. Songception. 3:58+ for me. It's amazing.

Honorable Mention.

I've been really into Electric Universe a lot right now. Also check out Eat Static and Cosmosis.

Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Honorable Mention.
    i'm getting goosebumps over here, all 3 tracks are good but this one is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I've been really into Electric Universe a lot right now. Also check out Eat Static and Cosmosis.
    ok those are next on the list to check out. i popped a random song by eat static though - pharaoh. don't think that qualifies as psytrance but wow!

cheers people.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Ray III View Post
    i'm getting goosebumps over here, all 3 tracks are good but this one is insane.

ok those are next on the list to check out. i popped a random song by eat static though - pharaoh. don't think that qualifies as psytrance but wow!

cheers people.
    lol, no. But the fun thing about Eat Static is their discography is incredibly eclectic. They cover a little bit of everything. Check out Abduction and Implant. Those may be up your alley. Or maybe a bit more goa than psy.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Younger Brother is great.

This one truly amazing. 3:15 and forward!!!
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2014-09-09 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listened to the song that you posted OP, was not expecting that at all when I read psytrance. I was ready for some 140bpm headfuck material.

That said, if you prefer it at that speed or even a bit slower you are definitely into progressive house territory with some heavy tech influences, to which I feel absolutely obligated to point you to the works of Eric Prydz, if you are not already familiar with him - he's a rather huge name in the scene.

Pryda, one of his aliases/alter-egos:

And Cirez D, his other alter-ego which is a lot more tech-y:

And rising stars, Fehrplay and Jeremy Olander, both of whom have very similar styles. Olander is signed to Prydz's record label Pryda Friends, which Fehrplay was also signed with until recently moving to Mau5trap (run by Deadmau5, who is very good friends with Prydz).

Sorry if this isn't the kind of stuff you're looking for, but when I listened to the song that you posted, these guys were the first to come to mind. Now, if you want some real psytrance mindfuck-type stuff then I can give you quite a few suggestions for that as well

Update: Okay, now you got me wide-awake at 3:30 in the morning so I'm just gonna throw this in there. This is what I think of when I see the word "psytrance" and what I thought you were looking for. Real fast and real hard, the way it should be

Last edited by Denkou; 2014-09-09 at 10:38 AM.

Atmos, good old Swedish prog trance. I wouldn't call that psytrance. He has produce some psytrance over the years as well but he has mostly been doing prog trance.

Check out legends such as Tilt, Quivver(older stuff), Bedrock(Digweed and Muir's older stuff).

Here is one of my all time favorite anthems when it comes to prog trance. On what is likely the best prog label that ever existed(at least top 3), Hooj Choons entire back catalogue is GOLDEN.

For what I personally consider real psytrance you could check Astral projection for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is another classic from Hooj Choons... it's still a bloody savage tune and it has aged very well(released in 2000 I think). Lexicon Avenue has always been really solid(and so has the releases on their label, Forensic Records), high quality but on the housier side of progressive.

Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-09-09 at 05:29 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Ray III View Post
    i guess that's what the genre is called (that's how wikipedia describes the band anyway)

example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0d4DRioGjc [Vibrasphere - Morning Breeze (Atmos Remix)]
    (I particularly like 3:34+)

most of the similar stuff I found is a bit too obnoxious for my taste, I prefer it more subtle those vibrasphere guys.

thanks!
    Just to clarify: This isn't Psytrance, it's firmly Progressive Trance. It used to be championed by the likes of Hooj Choons and Defected, though it's all over the place now. If you search for Progressive Trance mixes, you'll get a lot more tunes like this.