Deleted

New DoT behavior and openers

I've been wondering how openers will look in WoD, e.g. as Affliction. With DoT snapshotting gone and temp buffs being updated on a per-tick basis, opener priorities will surely have to be switched around a bit.

Currently we usually pre-haunt, pop DS, dot the target up and start rotation, re-dotting at peak power ofc.

How would it be done in WoD though? Would it be better to save DS and other on-use things for when all dots are up? All procs are up? Agony is at 12? [that's 4 options right here]

Second thing is, where to Haunt and SB:H fit into this? I assume these should follow our dots, so as to not waste uptime? Or would it still make sense to pre-haunt, even though we then need 3 gcds to put the dots up?

Multidotting is another thing - we'd probably want to dot things and perhaps let Agony stack a bit before we empower our dots with on-use effects, but how long is ok and how long is too long?

Is there maybe a resource/discussion of these things available somewhere? I mean, I half-expect the obvious "sim it yourself" answer, but I assume it's already been done. It'd be good to have a starting point and/or some results to compare etc.

Deleted
    Agony only stacks to 10. The 12 stack perk is gone.

I'd like to know how aoe packs will work out. Cata + SB:SoC than SoC spam?

Deleted
    Cata seems unlikely as Aff.

Deleted
    Why? It applies aoe agony.

Aoe: You manually dot everything. If you have fkton of mobs - soc.
    opener: dots, ds, trinket procs - haunt. That's all. Welcome to draenor. (seriously fuck you blizzard)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gummyp View Post
    Why? It applies aoe agony.
    My rationale is that if you have a fight that requires burst aoe, you'll go destro or demo. If you have a fight with long-lasting adds that are worth dotting up, you'll likely see better results by speccing SB:H for the 30s dot buff. Finally, Aff will most likely still prefer haste/mastery and ignore crit - these stats don't boost Cata in any way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Aoe: You manually dot everything. If you have fkton of mobs - soc.
    opener: dots, ds, trinket procs - haunt. That's all. Welcome to draenor. (seriously fuck you blizzard)
    you mean "thanks blizzard no more retarded 5million dps affli locks"

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    I don't think you read and/or understood what he said.

Power creep and poor trinket design are to blame, not snapshotting or warlocks.

But hey, classes should do equal DPS on all fights. If numbers get out of control and Blizzard doesn't understand their own mechanics, might as well remove a fun mechanic that applies to all classes (snapshotting).
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Yes, because its just as easy as spec affliction do 5 million dps. I like that no one points out that to do the 5million trick that people saw on the Leader boards ever mentions that some of those are from when we could cheat with a Gear Swap pre-pull, and needed to have Heroic Black Blood, which requires Heroic Garrosh to get. Of course its all as easy as Being an affliction warlock. NP.

Blame power creep and trinkets as it is at the end of EVERY expansion. Warlocks at the end of an expansion are always super powerful because of class design that explodes with gear and specific trinkets and encounter design. TBC Sacrifice SB spam Destro massive damage with ease once well geared, Wrath massive damage at the end when well geared (we got a 22% across the board ability nerf), Cata Demo was super powerful once you figured out pet twisting and gear swapping. But its as simple as be a warlock and win, it has nothing to do with skill at all grab affdots and be a hero.

OT: Like someone was saying before its going to be a lot simpler because we can just reapply our dots. Hit our personal CDs when on proc stuff occurs to line up timers for burst and call it a day. Refresh before they fall off, keep em rolling, put em on everyone and hit the filler button. Basically Affliction prior to MoP. Very similar to Affliction in wrath with less DoTs.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2014-09-08 at 08:18 PM.