Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Upcoming 6.0- Balance view

So with 6.0 within month or so, we are going to say goodbye to our old Eclipse system and welcome the new.
    Our stats will also be changing (seems like every exp we are changing our stats, quite funny) from haste breakpoint > crit > mastery to mastery\haste I assume.

I understood that rings and necks with spirit- won't change into diff stat, and it will simply be Grey for non-healers specs. (therefore making it useless for casters dps)
    But, Right now on the Beta- other items beside rings\necks with spirit- Don't give new stat and they have only one stat: Is it intended or they will fix it? (for exmaple moonkin tier items and Dark Shamans' wep spirit\mastery)

Also, with the change- are we going to change our gems into something else? and If yes- what for? mastery\int or haste\int?
    Blizz trying to push us into Mastery- but is it really worth gem\enchant mastery, or haste?

I'm not asking it for "super ranking whore"- I'm asking it to smooth as much as possible lvling in WoD. Crit will be useless, and I don't see the point of having much during lvling, while I can get better gear in the next 2 months of SoO raiding. (we won't change gear until lvl 98 or so~)

Deleted
    As it always was: Your current high end raiding gear will be outdated in the next expansion after 2 or 3 levels....

Well u clearly didn't read everything I said, but this is not true what u said.

Quote Originally Posted by r4id View Post
    As it always was: Your current high end raiding gear will be outdated in the next expansion after 2 or 3 levels....
    Heroic SoO gear will last you well into Nagrand.
    But, Right now on the Beta- other items beside rings\necks with spirit- Don't give new stat and they have only one stat: Is it intended or they will fix it? (for exmaple moonkin tier items and Dark Shamans' wep spirit\mastery)
    I don't really get "right now on Beta", since all items that had spirit/hit and aren't rings/neck pieces had it replaced by another stat. Shaman mace for example: http://wod.wowhead.com/item=104545

I'm not asking it for "super ranking whore"- I'm asking it to smooth as much as possible lvling in WoD.
    If you just want smooth leveling, i'd go for int. Rating drops very fast while leveling.

I don't really get "right now on Beta", since all items that had spirit/hit and aren't rings/neck pieces had it replaced by another stat. Shaman mace for example: http://wod.wowhead.com/item=104545
    Yeah I just checked it again. You are right, the stats on wep and other items have already been changed and updat

Stack mastery press Starfall win game.

Deleted
    I'm still unsure if T16 4p is even working still in 6.0/Beta. I atleast dont notice a increase in more Shooting Stars procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Stack mastery press Starfall win game.
    so starfall is really back to it's old WOTLK glory?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabb View Post
    I'm still unsure if T16 4p is even working still in 6.0/Beta. I atleast dont notice a increase in more Shooting Stars procs.
    Looking @ going 2p + 3 wf, but dont have wf chest/shoulders yet
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    mastery/haste on every item.

2 or more mobs, starfall is the love of your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    so starfall is really back to it's old WOTLK glory?
    minus the stuns

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    minus the stuns
    And splash damage :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Looking @ going 2p + 3 wf, but dont have wf chest/shoulders yet
    Which chest were you thinking off? Since Spoils gloves and Garrosh shoulders are haste/mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabb View Post
    Which chest were you thinking off? Since Spoils gloves and Garrosh shoulders are haste/mastery.
    Yeah my bad, also you'll want to pick up the sha helmet (also haste/mastey) leaving us with tier legs and chest.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

hey everyone, i didnt had much time to play the wod beta, so i have a few questions regarding 6.0:
    1- our haste cap right now its 10289. Anyone know whats gonna be the ahste cap in the 6.0?
    2- is starfall that OP?
    3- Is 2 tier pieces and 3 H WF itens gonna be a new thing in the 6.0? If yes, Starsurge got nerfed that bad?
    4- Stats priority still crit > mastery? How strong is our mastery in beta?
    Thanks for the help and sorry for the amount of questions, ill try to play beta this saturday to solve some of my questions =p

Quote Originally Posted by Todoida View Post
    hey everyone, i didnt had much time to play the wod beta, so i have a few questions regarding 6.0:
    1- our haste cap right now its 10289. Anyone know whats gonna be the ahste cap in the 6.0?
    2- is starfall that OP?
    3- Is 2 tier pieces and 3 H WF itens gonna be a new thing in the 6.0? If yes, Starsurge got nerfed that bad?
    4- Stats priority still crit > mastery? How strong is our mastery in beta?
    Thanks for the help and sorry for the amount of questions, ill try to play beta this saturday to solve some of my questions =p

1 - Haste breakpoints are gone (AFAIK).
    2 - Leveling at 90 on the beta in the very first zone i just used starfall and ran around and it killed mobs (580 moonkin )
    3 - I think people will just take 3 HF as the new way starsurge works it procs from all ticks be it crit or not so its kinda wasted having the 4set i believe.
    4 - Mastery on beta seems to outwiegh crit because of the change to shooting stars procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    3 - I think people will just take 3 HF as the new way starsurge works it procs from all ticks be it crit or not so its kinda wasted having the 4set i believe.
    That's true but crits have double chance to proc it. 5% for non-crits, 10% for crits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    That's true but crits have double chance to proc it. 5% for non-crits, 10% for crits.
    But it only procs from your two most recent dots (1 moon fire and 1 sunfire). Also mastery and haste > crit. Mastery is better for aoe and haste for ST.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    And splash damage :<
    Not that it matters now that it just hits everything in 40 yards.

Well I noticed two things on the PTR. The rotation is simpler, yes but it's also rather unexciting. Some classes have simple rotations like elemental shaman but they have a lot more random events which keeps it interesting. I think the new energy bar is a lot more fluid but alas I don't think I'll be playing my boomkin much. Personally I just didn't find the spec very rewarding.