Glyph of Colossus Smash

Anyone looked into it yet? Increases CS window by 13.5 seconds but reduces armor bypass to 40%. Anyone worked out if its a huge dps loss or minor/neutral?

Deleted
    I myself havent done the math on it. But Im fairly sure someone else did the math and if I remember correctly, it was a DPS loss (: But things might have changed?

It's a huge DPS loss for fury. ~12%. Less for arms, but using it is still not the best choice out of various reasons. (Target-switching, for example, severly devalues it to the point of worthlessness)

This won't change for fury unless they literally double the armor ignore on the glyph, or completely re-work the current design.

Here are some numbers to back me up.

Last edited by Crisius; 2014-09-06 at 08:45 PM.

What have I missed?

"Your Colossus Smash also applies the Sunder Armor effect to your target."

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    What have I missed?

"Your Colossus Smash also applies the Sunder Armor effect to your target."
    There are two CS glyphs: the one you mentioned and the one mentioned by OP. I don't remember what each is called.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    There are two CS glyphs: the one you mentioned and the one mentioned by OP. I don't remember what each is called.
    Sunder armor is removed from the game iirc, so the new glyph replaces that one. Don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Sunder armor is removed from the game iirc, so the new glyph replaces that one. Don't quote me on that.
    You're right unless it was added back into the beta this last month.

Yeah its Beta, sorry I didnt mention it!

Can't post link but its spell ID 89003 on wowhead beta site.

Sunder Armor is removed from the game in WoD and that Glyph along with it. The new Glyph of Colossus Smash is what everyone is referring to and it is indeed designed as a slight-moderate DPS loss and only really there for players who absolutely despise the "burst window" gameplay of Colossus Smash. It is a compromise, allowing players who dislike the playstyle to forsake it, albeit at a small cost of lost optimization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    Anyone looked into it yet? Increases CS window by 13.5 seconds but reduces armor bypass to 40%. Anyone worked out if its a huge dps loss or minor/neutral?
    It's awaiting tuning (as is the rest of the Warrior's kit), so I'd not look too deeply into it yet.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It's awaiting tuning (as is the rest of the Warrior's kit), so I'd not look too deeply into it yet.
    No it isn't. It is intended (before factoring CS extension) to be a DPS loss, trading optimization for ease of use. By its nature, it will always be a DPS loss.

The glyph will never be a dps increase so long as there is target switching or aoe. They'd have to make it absurdly overpowered on patchwerk fights to compensate, and they won't do that.