10+ Year Old Account

What is the typical Arms and Prot rotation in WoD

I've been out of the WoW loop for the past year and want to get back on it when WoD comes out.

So what are the MAJOR changes for Arms and Prot Warriors in WoD? Give me the gist of it.

From what I'm seeing, Arms will be losing Overpower (super lame) and the ability to break immunity (Think Piercing Throw it was called?) and getting Rend back (lame)?

Slam also looks like it was hit pretty hard. Will Arms be getting anything new to make up for the loss of Piercing Throw and Overpower? Also, why the fuck did they bring shit fuck Rend back? Jesus, that ability sucked. Why didn't they just keep it caked onto MS/TC?

Which reminds me, Prot will also be losing their AoE Rend ability from TC? Other than that, doesn't look like Prot will be seeing much change other than getting that Gladiator Stance talent making them do some decent DPS.

So what will be the normal Arms/Prot rotation in WoD?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

you can glyph shattering throw to learn it (it only breaks immunities, it wont do armor debuff)
    arms rotation is MS, CS, WW, execute, rend, and 2 talents (3?). CS does not reset CD. No more HS. heroic throw replaces throw, 6 sec cd, ranged only (cant use in melee). no more deep wounds at all.

Prot keeps deep wound splash. Does not have any significant changes.

Deleted
    I can tell you the dps rotation as its become insanely boring after the introduction of CS

Wait

Wait

Wait

CS

Go crazy
    /CS

wait

wait

This works for Fury aswell btw. And gladiator stance is the same, the ability just has a different name
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2014-09-07 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    you can glyph shattering throw to learn it (it only breaks immunities, it wont do armor debuff)
    arms rotation is MS, CS, WW, execute, rend, and 2 talents (3?). CS does not reset CD. No more HS. heroic throw replaces throw, 6 sec cd, ranged only (cant use in melee). no more deep wounds at all.

Prot keeps deep wound splash. Does not have any significant changes.
    Really? WW is in the rotation now...? Fucking really?

Well, looks like I'll be playing my DK in WoD.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Why all the hate for WW? Seriously though, prot is mostly unchanged and will be 2 specs in 1, both enjoyable. Fury might turn out ok given a couple tweaks. Arms is... almost universally disliked and terrible. But as a warrior you have 3 other specs to choose from...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omnivores View Post
    Why all the hate for WW? Seriously though, prot is mostly unchanged and will be 2 specs in 1, both enjoyable. Fury might turn out ok given a couple tweaks. Arms is... almost universally disliked and terrible. But as a warrior you have 3 other specs to choose from...
    I've been Arms main since Nov 23 2004, if I can't play a Warrior as Arms, then I'll make an alt my main and play him for the expansion. I did this in TBC and WoTLK when they butchered Warriors. Turned out OK.

I'm not so much invested in this game or Warrior class that it'll ruin my day or anything. If my main can't perform then I'll just pick an alt and roll with it. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I can tell you the dps rotation as its become insanely boring after the introduction of CS

Wait

Wait

Wait

CS

Go crazy
    /CS

wait

wait

This works for Fury aswell btw. And gladiator stance is the same, the ability just has a different name
    I hate CS so fucking much.

I wish it would just go Fury exclusive.

To reiterate; arms has suffered major ability pruning and damage relocation. It's lacking in synergy and variety. Currently, the abilities are as follows and in priority: Rend, Mortal Strike, Colossus Smash, Whirlwind. Sudden Death has been revamped, and no longer resets the cooldown of Colossus Smash. To further elaborate; the only time your rotation breaks from Rend > MS > CS > WW > WW > MS is when there are two targets or more, in which case your rotation changes to Rend (target 1) > Rend (target 2) > CS > WW > WW > WW > WW > WW. Rend is re-applied when there is less than 5 seconds remaining on the debuff.

Arms has a new mastery, which increases the effectiveness of your mortal strike, colossus smash and execute. It is currently the worst stat for arms. You need 59% mastery for Mortal Strike to have equal efficiency on 2 targets (assuming sweeping strikes is up) to Whirlwind. You need 122% mastery for MS to have equal efficiency as Whirlwind on 3 targets.

There are three new level 45 talents:
    Taste for Blood - grants 3 rage per tick of rend.
    Sudden Death - 10% chance on autohit to make your next execute free and usable on target regardless of health.
    Slam - 100% weapon damage, 10 rage cost, stacking 2 times for a maximum of 200% weapon damage.

Each of the talents provide a small DPS increase, except slam, which currently is a DPS decrease as whirlwind is better usage of your rage, even for single-target. Taste for blood is currently the highest DPS.

As for other talents; bladestorm is nerfed and is a DPS decrease even on large-scale aoe. Storm bolt and dragon roar are both small dps increases to use on single-target. Your only real bread and butter talent is the new level 100 talent called Ravager. Unlike Nazgrims Ravager ability in Siege, it is stationary and does not move. Using Ravager shifts your opener rotation to Rend > MS > Ravager > CS > WW > MS > WW.