Remove the capcha spam.

This is getting highly annoying, every three pages I'm having to input a capcha. Why was this suddenly implemented? I understand if its used for posting but simply reading a topic and having it come up every time I go to view a different page is irritating.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have not myself seen a capcha message on this forum.

Think a blue will be able to answer better on this though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I've never seen one, but someone in another thread said they were having the same issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never seen it, so I assume it's blocked by AdBlock, you're probably experiencing some invasive "commercial"

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Never seen it, so I assume it's blocked by AdBlock, you're probably experiencing some invasive "commercial"
    I haven't seen it either and I don't use an adblocker for whatever reason, but I do every 5th time or so I visit the site get the scare of a lifetime when the little ad at the bottom of the page decides to blast its wares at full volume at me. Not every time, but I swear it knows when I'm vulnerable. I'd rather have a lil captcha

Out of curiosity have you ran a malware check? Perhaps you got infested from some other site.

Secondly, is it only one browser? Or have you tried multiple? In all the years I've been on MMO (apparently 6 years) I've never seen a captcha box.

If you've done those things and still have it let us know. If it's only a certain browser then that helps too. As well as if you know if/what ads were on the page as it could be related to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having the same issue, started today. On iphone 5, latest update. Every time I exit safari and then reopen to mmoc I'm greeted with a captcha from cloudflare

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    I'm having the same issue, started today. On iphone 5, latest update. Every time I exit safari and then reopen to mmoc I'm greeted with a captcha from cloudflare

That's interesting. It looks like it is part of Cloudflare's Web Application Firewall. If it decides you might be a threat, it can issue a challenge CAPTCHA.

More information here: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en...loudflare-com-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I force an IP address change on my phone.

Tweet from chaud https://twitter.com/m_chaud/status/509895098549538816

I can't see anyway to change my IP address other than leaving my data off for a while.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2014-09-11 at 02:45 AM.

For those of you with the issue, see this tweet:

15+ Year Old Account
    This is back it seems for me :/.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Still out of our control. You need to talk to Cloudflare.

Won't stop for me either. It only gets worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Still out of our control. You need to talk to Cloudflare.
    Attempted contact to Cloudflare myself, awaiting response still. Been going on for a while, had 4 different tools to try and fully scan, no problems detected. So, awaiting the guys from there.

If you take contact guys, remember to include the ID and IP that you see on the capcha page.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-09-29 at 11:46 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was afflicted with the captcha spam I just stopped coming here... Was more annoying than it was worth. it was so bad i'd finish a captcha and get sent to not the forum but another captcha. I don't see why a forum needs captcha's in the first place.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasCrow View Post
    When I was afflicted with the captcha spam I just stopped coming here... Was more annoying than it was worth. it was so bad i'd finish a captcha and get sent to not the forum but another captcha. I don't see why a forum needs captcha's in the first place.
    As it has been said by Chaud, though. The capcha is not in their control but Cloudflare.