Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Possible to make a paladin/paladin esqe forces only deck,

like Sunwalker, Argent Commander, Scarlet Crusader. Basically anything paladin themed, and still be successful?

Please note, I wont be able to get either Tirion or Avenge anytime soon. Do think I have everything else to make it up like Silvermoon Guardian, Shattered Sun Cleric.

Thanks for your time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how successful you want to be honest. Legend rank? Probably not. Rank 15-10? Could work.

Make one and try it out.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's actually a ton of choices when you look at it. Not sure how viable any of them would be, but I'm pretty sure this crappy one I threw together in 1-2 minutes could get to at least rank 15-20.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder...;648:1;7729:1;

I tried a Diving Shield deck once, early in HS. It got me to rank 6ish, but it remained stale there. Now with the meta pretty much established, I'm not sure how far a deck like that would go. Cards like Sludge Belcher are just too good to pass up, especially for most paladin decks.

I mean, Totalbiscuit's Divine Paladin gimmick was one of his more successful gimmicks, so a lot of Divine Shield minions works (Squire, Crusader, Blood Knight, Sunwalker, Silvermoon Guardian, the one that gives a minion divine shield, hand of protection). You could also throw in Consecrates, Avenging Wraths, Holy Lights/Lay on Hands or even Divine Favors (since the deck would likely be on the low curve side and you have 0 card draw).

If you really like Paladin though, I'd recommend getting Tirion ASAP. He's arguably the best class legendary (the only one I would consider better is Cenarius, but that's a preference thing for me) and one of the top legendaries overall (others being Rag, Sylv, Cairne, Leeroy, Thalnos... basically any that gets you immediate benefit or forces hard removal and isn't an 8 drop)

Maybe something like this.. Kinda want to try it out now haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I mean, Totalbiscuit's Divine Paladin gimmick was one of his more successful gimmicks, so a lot of Divine Shield minions works (Squire, Crusader, Blood Knight, Sunwalker, Silvermoon Guardian, the one that gives a minion divine shield, hand of protection). You could also throw in Consecrates, Avenging Wraths, Holy Lights/Lay on Hands or even Divine Favors (since the deck would likely be on the low curve side and you have 0 card draw).

If you really like Paladin though, I'd recommend getting Tirion ASAP. He's arguably the best class legendary (the only one I would consider better is Cenarius, but that's a preference thing for me) and one of the top legendaries overall (others being Rag, Sylv, Cairne, Leeroy, Thalnos... basically any that gets you immediate benefit or forces hard removal and isn't an 8 drop)
    Yeah, Tirion is for sure the best class legendary. It's a 6/6 body with Divine Shield, and Taunt, and you get a 5/3 Ashbringer when he dies. Even if he gets silenced, he's still a 6/6 body.

While Tirion is a great card, He is so easily countered and the only REAL threat worth hexing/polying etc in a Paladin deck. You really gotta use him with caution. And as far as the best class legendary. No way. I'd say Grommash/Al'akir/Vancleef are better. Maybe a tie between Vancleef and Tirion. Grommash is a game decider and Al'akir can clear a board while staying on the board. Their charges alone make them better then Tirion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    like Sunwalker, Argent Commander, Scarlet Crusader. Basically anything paladin themed, and still be successful?

Please note, I wont be able to get either Tirion or Avenge anytime soon. Do think I have everything else to make it up like Silvermoon Guardian, Shattered Sun Cleric.

Thanks for your time.
    Yes! I have a Paladin bubble deck. Every minion has a bubble, or can give a bubble. Got a Tirion, sword of Justice and a few other cards. It's so frustrating for players to face me lol. Oh and out in Blood knights, but save them for atleast two bubbles to eat.

thx for the help.

As for Tirion, i wanna get him too.
    I no desire to ever play like Warr or Rogue, should i DE their cards to help me get Arcane dust to help me along?

10+ Year Old Account
    thx for the help.

As for Tirion, i wanna get him too.
    I no desire to ever play like Warr or Rogue, should i DE their cards to help me get Arcane dust to help me along?
    If you don't use them and you have cards you still need to make a viable deck? Yeah.

After you have a couple different viable decks (and some fun ones too), you should probably start saving though.

Should I DE Hogger and Ragnaros, both non gold, for Tirion?

Hogger is so fun to play with. A total troll. He is worth keeping for the lulz. I honestly think he is my favorite legendary. And don't DE Rag. You insane? The amount of times I've double innervated into Hogger..Such fun.

Should I DE Hogger and Ragnaros, both non gold, for Tirion?
    No, you'll regret it, trust me.

Maybe if it were millhouse and nozdormu but those 2 legendaries are pretty good so I'd keep them.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Well finally got a Tirion, had to DE a golden King Mulka for it, but I feel it was worth it.

Well finally got a Tirion, had to DE a golden King Mulka for it, but I feel it was worth it.
    Eh... Mukla is a pretty fine card. Your choice, but I wouldn't have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Eh... Mukla is a pretty fine card. Your choice, but I wouldn't have.
    It's a good card... In rush decks. Which, by the looks, OP doesn't play.

An overlooked card that works well in a bubble deck is "Young Brewmaster" for bouncing cards back after you've popped the bubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a deck like this pre-naxx. I wasn't super successful (maybe rank 10...though I didn't really try too much) but it was pretty fun. I basically loaded it with bubble minions, blood knight, and paladin abilities. I did this because I liked how hunter and priest decks felt very huntery and priesty, and wanted to capture the same essence for paladins. As someone who generally netdecks with minor tweaks I enjoyed this pally deck a bit more as it was my own creation.
    "Brevity is...wit"

My current Pally deck runs KNIGHTS and creature wise has:

Argent Squires
    Argent Protector
    Scarlet Crusader
    Argent Peacekeeper
    Silver Hand Knight
    Spectral Knight
    Argent Crusader
    Sunwalker

Avenging Wrath
    Blessing of Kings
    Blessing of Might
    Consecrate
    Truesilver Champion
    Holy Wrath

And some other stuff. The mana distribution isn't too hairy. I think most of the cards are 2-3 cost with a few outliers. But the point of the deck is... Knights.