Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best legendary gems for every class?

I wonder what you think about good gem setup for every class.

Atm Im playing fire crusader and got Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver. Even without holy gear the damage is very good. Soon I will switch to holy build (condemn, and later shootgun if I will get this damn 2h flail) and the damage will be even higher.

But I wonder what I should pick for second gem, maybe Bane of the powerful?
    Are there better options?

Also for pet wd is Enforcer best choice?

Im interested in every class so tell me your opinion about best setup for every class

Deleted
    For Crusader: Mirinae, BotP and i'd say Gogok for a third (godly when used with Akkhan's at rank 25).

The issue is, certain gems become more mandatory depending on what build you're running. A lightning barb would want Wreath, but a physical one would definately want Pain Enhancer. A petless WD wouldn't want Enforcer, but a zoo WD would. The only one that does seem to be pretty constant is BotP, because of how ridiculous it becomes when upgraded to rank 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    For Crusader: Mirinae, BotP and i'd say Gogok for a third (godly when used with Akkhan's at rank 25).

The issue is, certain gems become more mandatory depending on what build you're running. A lightning barb would want Wreath, but a physical one would definately want Pain Enhancer. A petless WD wouldn't want Enforcer, but a zoo WD would. The only one that does seem to be pretty constant is BotP, because of how ridiculous it becomes when upgraded to rank 25.
    Actually, no WD wants the Enforcer. Even with a zoo WD it sucks. It doesn't add nearly as much damage as other gems can.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Bane of the Trapped seems very common. At rank 25 it activates itself in melee range for over 20% damage bonus (it's calculated outside of all other damage increases so it's always listed % as more effective dps).

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Actually, no WD wants the Enforcer. Even with a zoo WD it sucks. It doesn't add nearly as much damage as other gems can.
    Enforcer is not just a straight damage increase for pets. Don't forget about the damage reduction you get at 25. That survivability at T6 and 25+ Grift is essential for a zoo WD.

It should be more than 25%, but you take what you can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it depends on spec, not class.

Marauder 6set DH most common seems to be Enforcer, Trapped, and Powerful. Though I think Trapped was switched out for non-cold (slowing) builds. Would definitely be build based though, not class based, as Beazy said. You'll probably find Bane of the Powerful in a majority of them, I'd guess.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

It should be noted though that bane of the powerful is an additive bonus, so as you gear up the amount it adds might be diminished. Also there is no reason to go over level 25 on bane, while the other gems still give rewards for leveling the gem after 25.

Deleted
    For wizards, effacicious toxin is definitely a must.

Bane of the powerful is obviously a strong contender as well, across the board. Can't get enough elite damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are at least the ones that I've thought about:

Bane of the Powerful is great but it's weakness is that there's almost no point in scaling it past 25 because all you're doing is increasing the amount of time you can spend between elite packs.

Trapped is a little weak at first, until it starts activating itself at 25, then you can also keep ranking it up for more and more damage bonus. At a certain point it'll even outpace the bonus elite damage + base effect from bane of the powerful.

Toxin is great for poison builds from the get go, and then once you get it to 25 is a 10% damage boost for solo and your entire group ontop of the increased poison damage per rank.

Smite gem shines amazingly well with high wep damage builds, and procs like crazy with high attack speed builds. The 2H Sunwuko's Holy Monk build is a testament to both of these, where you're proccing the gem every second or less.

Gorgok may be a little weak when it's just attack speed, but when you get to 25 it's 15% attack speed and 15% CDR as long as you're in combat, solid as hell.

Pain Enhancer shines for physical builds, is alright for regular builds and the attack speed bonus you get at rank 25 is actually amazing.

The stagger gem makes you less burstable, gives your healing a better fighting chance and provides a free purify on chance per kill at rank 25, great for if you want a survivability increase in order to shift the rest of your gear to more DPS oriented.

Wreath of Lightning with a high attack speed build (so it procs often) is amazing for a lightning build, I probably wouldn't use it as a non lightning character though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanador View Post
    Enforcer is not just a straight damage increase for pets. Don't forget about the damage reduction you get at 25. That survivability at T6 and 25+ Grift is essential for a zoo WD.

It should be more than 25%, but you take what you can get.
    Are non-immortal pet builds even viable for higher grfits? I don't have pet WD, but closest to pet build I had was crusader with flail spawning bodyguard pets each time I killed anything and all it took is one whirl of scythed lady angel (non elite, simple trash) to kill all of them. And that was barely t29. If something can't work in t30+ I don't see point in leveling tbh unless you only care for faster t6 runs.

pets arent staying alive in grifts past 33. not unless u are a dh. pet docs are completely useless pretty much. hence everyone going jade.

that being said best gems for dh tend to be Enforcer, bane of the powerful, and bane of the trapped.

So I still have a non M6 DH at about paragon 85...

I was running with the poison gem, and the cold damage gem and I finally got an amulet I could enchant a socket on and I played around with a few gems.

The elite gem was okay, but I think it would really only shine after you are able to do T6 and can upgrade it to rank 25 to get the passive 15% damage bonus.

The bleed gem was okay, but I think it would shine better in a physical focused build.

Now what was surprisingly the best gem for me to use at my gear level was the conduit gem. I went from speed running T1 bounties for the ring to speed running T2 bounties for the ring with the same speed and upping my boss kill times significantly just by putting this gem in. It was kind idiotic. I mean I am at range but I could game it to be far enough away to activate my passive that increases damage if no one is close to me, but be close enough to hit people with the gem. It was doing so much damage that I am now going to level a lightning monk just to have fun because of how fun it was on my DH.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    WD pets just get mauled in greater rifts. It doesn't matter if you have rank 25 enforcer, jungle fortitude and bad medicine. They will still die. I've done 30 and probably could do 31 with some good RNG as a pet WD, but it's stretching it. Keep in mind I still have a couple really solid upgrades that could probably put me at 33/34. You would think if you put a lot of emphasis on pet survival that they would live, but no, most normal mobs in like grift 25+ (or even T6) will absolutely decimate your pets (morlus, mallet lords, and basically any act 5 mob). It's pretty sad when you have a elite/champion pack up and you ignore it to frantically kill a normal maiden before it cleaves all 15 of your fetishes down. It's not just the fetishes either, your tall man finger dog will get chomped as will your garg lol. Obviously BBV is good, but it will make you cry when you use fetish army on some of the rift lords only for your 2 minute CD to be destroyed by a cleave two seconds later.

For a pet doctor I really like pain enhancer and bane of the powerful. I usually use the holy damage single target nuke one as well, because rain of toads procs that thing like crazy, especially when you're standing kinda close with pain enhancer haste effect at rank 25.

Jade really only has trapped and bane of the powerful to go with, and honestly, I've seen some people quite successfully forgo using legendary gems at all when going with that build.

I really like the poison gem and the more distance = more damage on my wizard.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best way to roll a pet build with the WD is to get a Rhenho dagger and the Addling Toads rune for Plague of Toads to just carpet bomb the map with confusion while watching Mirinae proc non-stop. I also run with Pain Enhancer and wildcard the third slot but do enjoy Bane of the Trapped.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Trapped / Gogok / Mirinae seem to be the best options for FC barb at the moment. Maybe if you reach a high enough CDR breakpoint you can swap out Gogok for the Bane of the Powerful.

Deleted
    Trapped / Powerful and Enforcer for Cull the weak builds for DH for sure.

Gogak is crippled by the way CD reduction works. It's not retroactive (I think that's the word for it). Meaning the CDR will not apply to things already on CD. So not the greatest option compared to others.

I pretty much run poison though cause 10% bonus damage for every is pretty beast.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mirinae is really good in a lot of different speccs. Specifically Condem, Shotgun, Monkey, Charge barb

Bane of the trapped is used in almost all speccs except a few wizards ones(since they cant activate it)

Bane of the powerful is probably the strongest gem up to around grift 33, then it falls out of favor due to low uptime on the buff

Gogok is really good in CDR based speccs, but makes the gameplay abit clunky due to how CDR works.