Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which boss mods do you use?

I'm currently looking at my addons that I'm using as some are starting to get a bit 'heavy' per say, I'm currently using Deadly Boss Mods with most of the plugins bar the PvP side as I don't PvP, I'm using the older versions aswell for the older expansions but I'm wondering if I should be getting anything like Bigwigs and it's little brother, Littlewigs.

From doing a bit of searching I can't find if Littlewigs has timers for older dungeons as-well as the raids, where as DBM does.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

I use Bigwigs, no real reason really, just what I've been using, and I don't see a need to change

LittleWigs is outdated and doesn't work for most dungeons, you can definitely D/L the old Bigwigs modules still though
    Retired hunter

Using bigwigs, no point overcomplicating things.

Bigwigs, that's about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use VEM and most of guild does now as well. All warnings are spoken to you so you don't need to look down at timers. The timer bars are available if you still want to reference them. It's based off DBM so it's nearly identical.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    I still use DBM. I tried BigWigs for a while, but found it didn't have many of the features that DBM did so I swapped back.

Deleted
    DBM. I tested BigWigs and DBM for two months and settled with DBM. I don't find it performance heavy, it isn't even in my top 3 memory-using addons, so that fear was unfounded for me and I prefer its design over BW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used DBM. Never really tried BigWigs.

Deleted
    DBM, partly because I find it a lot easier to configure and partly for the PvP module.

When I was raiding seriously I used both BigWigs and DBM, because BigWigs updated a lot more quickly but DBM was much easier for me to configure. I don't know if BW is still so far ahead of DBM these days though.

Never had any computer performance problems running either or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using DBM since it first came out. Never tried anything else, never really felt a need to.

10+ Year Old Account
    VEM is like a bossmod revelation. If you have a bad habit of not watching timers, VEM will hold your hand and yell at you repeatedly to stop being dumb.

I use bigwigs mostly. SOmetimes DBM if bigwigs is broken for some fight and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    BigWigs since day 1 baby.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

BigWigs since it started having more efficient timers than DBM in HoF.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    VEM is like a bossmod revelation. If you have a bad habit of not watching timers, VEM will hold your hand and yell at you repeatedly to stop being dumb.
    Tried that once had to admit it is awesome.
    Still didn't use any this tier apart from one weak aura for malice.

BigWigs just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    That is some next level fucking hand holding...
    Retired hunter

Used DBM for years, tried VEM for a month or two. But it gave so much Lua errors. During fights, when the fight ends (kills and wipes). So I set out to try Big Wigs. And it's awesome. Looks good, customizable, could I ask for more?

Prefer BigWigs for the nicer options for customization.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bigwigs. There's nothing worse than hearing that blaring sound from DBM when I was doing heroic raiding. It got on my very last nerve.