Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Used DBM before, but I don't use one anymore (Constant beeping was too annoying)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    DBM, Turn off many pointless warnings and just use the timers really.

Hearing lots of guildmembers using VEM but I don't like to be really handheld. From what I can tell its bordering that WOTLK mod that put shapes and augumented displays just using sound instead. I prefer to learn a fight, master it and avoid shit by playing not some computer voice telling me what to do.

Bigwigs is almost exactly the same as DBM plus saves settings across characters. My only gripe would be that it has too much "raider slang" like "big add" or "little adds" as timers instead of just saying what the actual enemy is called.

And in my opinion VEM is disgusting.

*Oh, and with BigWigs I don't have to go through almost every damn boss page to turn off "RUN AWAY LITTLE GIRL". Fuck that and DBM not having a universal option to disable it.
    Last edited by frymastermeat; 2014-09-13 at 03:11 PM.

I use BigWigs because for me it is easier to set everything up the way i want it in terms of which warnings i want and in what way I want to get those warnings.

I use VEM as the more precise audio cues allow me to focus my attention on more important things.

10+ Year Old Account
    *yearns for the days of DXE!*

Bigwigs now.

Since I haven't found everything I need in VEM, I use BigWigs again. Love it because of all those information- tank debuffs, alt powers etc. Not all of them are completely useful but I just love how I can see simply everything about my raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I use VEM and most of guild does now as well. All warnings are spoken to you so you don't need to look down at timers. The timer bars are available if you still want to reference them. It's based off DBM so it's nearly identical.
    I really liked VEM but I had an issue with being unable to turn off certain /say commands and had to drop it.

The worst was the automatic saying of "I accidentally attacked" or whatever when you hit Nazgrim during Defensive stance. When some of us would get together to run LFR or Flex with new guildies to get them some gear, we usually had such overgeared tanks and healers that we would just burn him through Defensive Stance easily.

But with VEM, I would sit there automatically spamming that I was hitting the boss during defensive stance and could never find the damn option to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Hearing lots of guildmembers using VEM but I don't like to be really handheld. From what I can tell its bordering that WOTLK mod that put shapes and augumented displays just using sound instead..
    You're out of your damn mind if you think VEM is anything like AVR.

I don't get the people in this thread crying about it.

DBM/BW: Timer bar, something happens, makes a big BRRRR sound to warn you.
    VEM: Timer bar, something happens, says the ability name as a warning.

How the fuck is that any more hand holding than DBM? Unless you're a total idiot, bother "BRRRR" and "Arcing Smash" equally convey the concept of "Move your ass".

To use any boss mod at all then complain about something else hand holding is painful irony.

I use DBM but I'm not entirely happy with it. I want it to give me an audible alarm 20 sec before certain abilities so I can start pumping spirit shells, but either I'm retarded or there's no option for it. Is any of the other mods more configurable in that way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    BigWigs since it started having more efficient timers than DBM in HoF.
    Yep, this. Was being an RL at the time, so I had to call out what way for people to run on the first boss (They weren't very good), so had to make the switch, as DBM didn't get that feature for a long time.

Deleted
    None. Most of the important stuff is announced by monster emotes or certain buffs/debuff counters.

Bigwigz & VEM at the same time.

Disabled bars/popups etc from VEM and using bigwigz for that instead and from VEM only the sound. Takes some memory but nothing i can't spare .)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    You're out of your damn mind if you think VEM is anything like AVR.

I don't get the people in this thread crying about it.

DBM/BW: Timer bar, something happens, makes a big BRRRR sound to warn you.
    VEM: Timer bar, something happens, says the ability name as a warning.

How the fuck is that any more hand holding than DBM? Unless you're a total idiot, bother "BRRRR" and "Arcing Smash" equally convey the concept of "Move your ass".

To use any boss mod at all then complain about something else hand holding is painful irony.
    like I said I heavily change my DBM,it is just bars. I turn off special warning. I don't need hear super-massive smash is coming in 3,2,1- BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I know its coming I look at the timers and watch what I am doing, I knew it was coming 5,4,3,2,1 seconds ago and already know what I am supposed to do to counter it.

10+ Year Old Account
    dbm but i cleared normal for the first time without any addons.

DBM, because 10 year old habits die hard.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

15+ Year Old Account
    DBM, but I'm curious about VEM now, how is it so much more "hand holding" compared to just reading bars?

VEM will be dead come WoD, so don't even get attached to it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not planing on switching, simply wondering why so many posters thinks it trivializes things.