Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Good shows worth watching?

Well i just recently finished Orange is The New Black on Netflix and i have to say, i really enjoyed the show and cannot wait for the next season! However, i find myself looking for something else to watch and i figured i could be pointed towards some good shows.
    I am currently watching:
    -The Strain
    -The Leftovers (Season Finale TONIGHT!!!)
    I really enjoy these shows as well. I find The Strain constantly keeping me on the edge of my seat however some parts are not well planned and i expect something to happen and it does. Now, The Leftovers keeps me wondering what the hell is going on and keeps me entertained the entire time because i never really know whats going to happen.
    Shows i have watched and LOVED:
    -The Walking Dead (best show ever)
    -Game of Thrones (very entertaining and comes in a close second after TWD)
    -Breaking Bad

Anything similar would be awesome. Something on Netflix would be even better for me. Any recommendations would be great. Another fantasy/medieval/bad-cop kind of thing would be appreciated.

Penny Dreadful is good.

Deleted
    I started to watch the Wire but it has not really kept my interest. Instead I am watching Suits which is highly entertaining. Has a nice mad men touch and the two main characters have a cool mentor relationship. Gabriel Macht looks like Jason Segel's older brother

I would recommend Vikings to you! And for "bad" cops True Detective.
    Last edited by mmoc1a1ea076c3; 2014-09-07 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like Breaking Bad, maybe you'd like Sons of Anarchy (last season starts this Tuesday). If you like TWD, maybe you'd like Falling Skies, though to be honest, it gets kinda slow to a certain point, but that's imo. And if you like Game of Thrones, check out Vikings, one of my favorite shows.

24, Prison Break, Chuck, Power, Scrubs, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Undateable, Crisis, The Blacklist, Hostages, Person of Interest, Hawaii Five-O (2010), Homeland are a few that come to mind.

It all depends on what kind of TV shows are you into.

I've watched like 40 TV shows so far. Currently watching Covert Affairs.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Supernatural is a pretty good show, I think 8 seasons are on NetFlix. 24 is another good option, 1-8 are on there. Lost is on Netflix, but that could become a love/hate thing since it seems to polarize its fan base. Warehouse 13 is another good show but they only have up to season 3 on Netflix so far, hopefully they'll add the rest soon. Star Wars: The Clone Wars cartoon is on there now if your into animated.

Oh I forgot Farscape if you like good scifi, its one of the best shows in the last 10+ years in my opinion.
    Last edited by Dread Pirate Phayde; 2014-09-07 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost is a pretty good show. It should keep you guessing a lot. Just don't let anyone spoil the ending for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorox View Post
    Lost is a pretty good show. It should keep you guessing a lot. Just don't let anyone spoil the ending for you!
    This is true. I was pretty dumbfounded the entire series. Even at the very end my response was "what the fuck..." but I loved it all. Great show.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Penny Dreadful is good.
    Superbly so.

I would also recommend Hannibal (2 seasons thus far, 3rd coming).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently only watching The Strain and I absolutely love it. Was gonna be my suggestion but you already stated it so I just throw in a second that point for anyone else thinking of watching it!

Deleted
    Under the dome
    Dexter
    NCIS
    White Collar
    House

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoyable: Lost, Californication, Prison Break, How I Met your Mother, Community, Entourage, Castle, Louie, Metalocalypse, Seinfeld, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Married with Children, Modern Family, Under the Dome, Arrow, Parks and Recreation, Hannibal, The Walking Dead, Trailer Park Boys, True Blood.

Great: The Newsroom, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, American Horror Story, South Park, Curb your Enthusiasm, Dexter, Doctor Who, Fringe, Justified, Luther, Sherlock, Six Feet Under, Sons of Anarchy, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Office UK, Vikings, Suits.

Exceptional: Arrested Development, Fargo, Carnivale, Firefly, Orange is the new Black, Hannibal, Borgen, Battlestar Galactica, Black Mirror, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, Farscape, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Mad Men, Oz, Rome, Spartacus, Tales from the Crypt, The Shield, House of Cards, Bron/Broen.

Godlike: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Twin Peaks, True Detective.

Peak of what tv can offer: The Wire, Band of Brothers.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-09-08 at 05:32 PM.

I have a list of TV shows I've seen and really liked.

In alphabetic order (except for the first because it's my favorite and I'll continue to push people to watch it until the end of time):

Babylon 5 (1994-1998, 5 seasons)

Adventure Time (2010-Present, 6 seasons so far, 6th currently airing)

Arrow (2012-Present, 2 seasons so far)

Doctor Who (2005-Present, 8 seasons so far, 8th currently airing)

Firefly (2002, 1 season and a movie called Serenity)

House of Cards (2013-Present, 2 seasons so far, Netflix-series)

Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005-2008, 3 seasons)

The Legend of Korra (2012-Present, "sequel" to Avatar: The Last Airbender, 3 seasons so far, fourth will be the last)

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (2010-Present, 4 seasons so far)

Sherlock (2010-Present, 3 seasons so far)

Spartacus (2010-2013, 3 seasons and a smaller "prequel season")

True Detective (2014-Present, 1 season so far)
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-09-08 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post

Babylon 5 (1994-1998, 5 seasons)
    Have to agree, one of my all time favorite sci fi epics, I just wish it had been allowed to run its proper course

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Survivor View Post
    Shows

The Wire
    Oz
    Homicide
    The Good Wife
    Suits
    Doctor Who*
    True Detective - I have not watch it, but it gets great reviews.
    Torchwood
    The Shield
    Firefly

*Stay off the thread on this site unless you wanna see every spoiler w/o spoiler tags.
    You cared enough to post.

I've started watching Battlestar Galactica, having thought of it for years as nothing more then a terrible Star Trek rip off, but it's actually pretty good. Some parts are frustrating and annoying, and some episodes can be rather dull, but overall it's worth a watch.

(Commander) Admiral Adama is bad, fucking, ass!

TV show you must see? I really don't watch much TV, but the TV shows that stand above the rest (for me) are...

The Sopranos.
    Only Fools and Horses. (Very British - possibly not enjoyable oversees because you'd probably not understand the jokes)
    Band of Brothers.
    Seinfeld.
    Curb you enthusiasm.
    The Office. (The Original)

As I said, I don't watch many TV shows, I haven't seen breaking bad, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones... etc.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/984513 <- Try this thread. Closing.