Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I don't know if the pun at the end was intentional or not, but I do appreciate it.
    if it cures you of your curiosity.....yes it was.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Whether a 'libertarian' society would expect vaccinations depends on how far you're going. Educating people on the merits of vaccinations (and how fucking dumb the anti-vac arguments are) would probably be both morally and constitutionally more justifiable, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    To be honest, I think the root of the issue is early childhood "trauma" with needles. Every anti-vaxxer I've debated has eventually ended up admitting that they're terrified of needles. Most of them just seem to be looking for any reason to stay away from them. I also imagine people listing "religion" as an excuse to not get their kids vaccinated is because that's one thing nobody really bothers to question, religious belief. It's as if questioning whether or not that's their truly held religious belief is a stigma or something.
    That's an interesting theory and I can at least empathize with them to an extent if that's the case. Needles are pretty spooky. Not spooky enough for them to not man up and deal with it, but still pretty spooky.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2014-09-08 at 04:32 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I think the root of the issue is early childhood "trauma" with needles. Every anti-vaxxer I've debated has eventually ended up admitting that they're terrified of needles. Most of them just seem to be looking for any reason to stay away from them. I also imagine people listing "religion" as an excuse to not get their kids vaccinated is because that's one thing nobody really bothers to question, religious belief. It's as if questioning whether or not that's their truly held religious belief is a stigma or something.
    I'd be interested in seeing if there's a connection. My brother is anti-vaccination and is deathly afraid of needles. He thinks pot and holistic medicine will cure everything
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing if there's a connection. My brother is anti-vaccination and is deathly afraid of needles. He thinks pot and holistic medicine will cure everything
    did you ever hide a plastic childs needle under his pillow when you were younger?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    WHat School districts should do is mandate "If you dont get these vaccines your child cannot attend our school unless the child just outright cannot get it because health reasons" . While I realize this clashes with a right to education in public schools, I think keeping the majority of children safe is much more important than individual right to education. If anti vaxxers are mad on that, they can just set up their own stupid private schools.
    My son no longer attends public school, but I absolutely agree with this/you. People can opt to not vaccinate their children, and they can opt to take on the responsibility of educating their child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    did you ever hide a plastic childs needle under his pillow when you were younger?
    Nope but he's been afraid of needles, sharp objects, and weapons of any type for as long as I can remember. I had a knife and stripped handgun on my table that I was cleaning once as he came over to my place. He waited outside until I put both the knife and the disassembled handgun into a lockbox.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    My son no longer attends public school, but I absolutely agree with this/you. People can opt to not vaccinate their children, and they can opt to take on the responsibility of educating their child.
    I had actually thought the vaccination requirement was mandatory in all states..I think it's required here in NJ. I just enrolled at the state university and was required to send them proof of my MMR shots between whatever age and whatever age..from like 27 years ago lol. Luckily my high-school still had the records

http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/20...9-measles.html

The CDC is also saying that the number of children who have been cleared to not be vaccinated and still attend school has surpassed 8%. They believe that mark is when school environments lose herd immunity, and those with compromised immune systems become vulnerable.

The CDC has you people blinded. "Herd Immunity" only applies to those that have contacted the NATURAL illnesses/diseases. Not the other way around.

Are you aware that ALL vaccines are so dangerous the entire
    vaccine industry had to be granted Blanket Legal Immunity by Congress (1986)
    just to stay in business. One should beware of any product so dangerous that
    the government says "You can NOT SUE the manufacturer, or administers even
    if it KILLS you or your children", but in the same breath says, "But you MUST be injected, and you MUST also INJECT your child from birth onward with this poison because government said so."
    If vaccines are so good for us and supposedly 'safe and effective', why is the industry and the people who administer these poisons under government protection against any and all lawsuits for harm and death. This is true for all vaccines at all ages.
    So doing some math — the following are examples of weight with their corresponding maximum levels of aluminum, per the FDA:
    8 pound, healthy baby: 18.16 mcg of aluminum
    15 pound, healthy baby: 34.05 mcg of aluminum
    30 pound, healthy toddler: 68.1 mcg of aluminum
    50 pound, healthy child: 113 mcg of aluminum
    150 pound adult: 340.5 mcg of aluminum
    350 pound adult: 794.5 mcg of aluminum
    So how much aluminum is in the vaccines that are routinely given to children?
    Hib (PedVaxHib brand only) – 225 mcg per shot
    Hepatitis B – 250 mcg
    DTaP – depending on the manufacturer, ranges from 170 to 625 mcg
    Pneumococcus – 125 mcg
    Hepatitis A – 250 mcg
    HPV – 225 mcg
    Pentacel (DTaP, HIB and Polio combo vaccine) – 330 mcg
    Pediarix (DTaP, Hep B and Polio combo vaccine) – 850 mcg
    The HEP-B shot alone is almost 14 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF ALUMINUM THAT IS FDA-APPROVED. The MMR? The dTap? All have similar amounts.
    Even when one, who is not familiar with toxicity levels and the science behind them, looks at the chart above can notice that amount isn’t even safe for a 350 pound adult let alone a child who weighs less than 25lbs.
    According to the FDA and the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics), what happens if a child receives more than the maximum required dose of aluminum?
    Aluminum builds up in the bones and brain and can be toxic to the body and its organs.
    Aluminum “can” cause neurological harm.
    Aluminum overdose can be fatal in patients with weak kidney’s or kidney disorders or in premature babies.
    (Aluminum Toxicity in Infants and Children, Committee on Nutrition,American Academy of Pediatrics, Pediatrics Volume 97, Number 3 March, 1996, pp. 413-416)”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    I had actually thought the vaccination requirement was mandatory in all states..I think it's required here in NJ. I just enrolled at the state university and was required to send them proof of my MMR shots between whatever age and whatever age..from like 27 years ago lol. Luckily my high-school still had the records
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LAW IN ANY STATE MANDATING Vaccines. Nor is there a federal law.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a number of exemptions available at my son's Elementary School last year. Also you had forever and a day to get them, I believe it was December before you had to have them, or requested the exemption. Here is the actual text for my state:

214.036 Exceptions to testing or immunization requirement.
    Nothing contained in KRS 158.035, 214.010, 214.020, 214.032 to 214.036, and
    214.990 shall be construed to require the testing for tuberculosis or the immunization
    of any child at a time when, in the written opinion of his attending physician, such
    testing or immunization would be injurious to the child's health. Nor shall KRS
    158.035, 214.010, 214.020, 214.032 to 214.036, and 214.990 be construed to
    require the immunization of any child whose parents are opposed to medical
    immunization against disease, and who object by a written sworn statement to the
    immunization of such child on religious grounds. Provided, however, that in the
    event of an epidemic in a given area, the Cabinet for Health and Family Services
    may, by emergency regulation, require the immunization of all persons within the
    area of epidemic, against the disease responsible for such epidemic.
    Effective:June 20, 2005
    History: Amended 2005 Ky. Acts ch. 99, sec. 449, effective June 20, 2005. --
    Amended 1998 Ky. Acts ch. 426, sec. 396, effective July 15, 1998. -- Amended
    1980 Ky. Acts ch. 55, sec. 1, effective July 15, 1980. -- Amended 1976 Ky. Acts
    ch. 128, sec. 4. -- Amended 1974 Ky. Acts ch. 74, Art. VI, sec. 107(3). --
    Amended 1968 Ky. Acts ch. 87, sec. 4. -- Created 1962 Ky. Acts ch. 95, sec. 4.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, there's a non natural way to get the illnesses now? I think Spectral will have to explain further, because he's the resident immunologist, but vaccinations work with dead viruses form what I understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, there's a non natural way to get the illnesses now? I think Spectral will have to explain further, because he's the resident immunologist, but vaccinations work with dead viruses form what I understand.
    Not all. Nasal flu vaccines are done with live, but extremely weakened viruses.... safe for just about everyone who isn't super young or immunocompromised. There are a few others here and there that require live strains, just based on how the actual organism works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    The CDC has you people blinded. "Herd Immunity" only applies to those that have contacted the NATURAL illnesses/diseases. Not the other way around.

Bunch of stuff
    Simple question..
    How many people are vaccinated annually vs how many people have moderate to severe reactions to said vaccines?
    And were vaccines not administered widely, would the illnesses be more widespread ?

Plus those with compromised systems will not be in a public school systems. The CDC, FDA, and EPA has some of you people completely won over. Do some research.

10+ Year Old Account
    but vaccinations work with dead viruses form what I understand.
    Not always. There are 2 general types : attenuated and inactivated.

The former uses live viruses, but alternated to make them less effective. The nasal mist flu vaccine is an example of this type.

The latter uses dead viruses (or virus fragments). The injected flu vaccine is of this type.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Simple question..
    How many people are vaccinated annually vs how many people have moderate to severe reactions to said vaccines?
    And were vaccines not administered widely, would the illnesses be more widespread ?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-epidemic.aspx

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...lzheimers.aspx

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3056430/

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus those with compromised systems will not be in a public school systems. The CDC, FDA, and EPA has some of you people completely won over. Do some research.
    Those with allergies to certain ingredients in vaccines will be in public school however. And your right to be sick ends at others rights to not get sick from other's ignorance.

and peer reviewed science is a hell of a lot more reliable than stidies from well known lobbyists as well as questionable science quackery like what Dr. Wakefield produced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Not always. There are 2 general types : attenuated and inactivated.

The former uses live viruses, but alternated to make them less effective. The nasal mist flu vaccine is an example of this type.

The latter uses dead viruses (or virus fragments). The injected flu vaccine is of this type.
    Ah thanks for the info! to you AND Kasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus those with compromised systems will not be in a public school systems.
    What? Little girl in the county was dealing with cancer, and had a comprimised immune system, yet she attended school.

Official Govt studies and findings.

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/graphs/

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously... How we still let unvaccinated walk around among us is beyond me.

Yeah, I just made that.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

and peer reviewed science is a hell of a lot more reliable than stidies from well known lobbyists as well as questionable science quackery like what Dr. Wakefield produced.
    Yet, The CDC's own Scientist and Dr. came out on Aug 27th saying that studies he's wrote for the CDC were frauds and He also said that what Dr Wakefield came out with was correct.