are people nicer on pub or imp side?

i was having some problems with people on pub side so went to imp side on jedi covanent but even today i saw this guy was saying he wants to hurt himself and i can empathize as i also have mental issues, and the people in chat were egging him to do it.

I reported them, but i doubt bioware will do anything since they only care about money and u see shit like this everyday. one person said he was a grandparent, with an outlook like that i cant figure out if i should feel sorry for his kids or if his kids are jerks like him too. *snip*

Let's post respectfully and not wish harm upon anyone. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-09-08 at 07:29 PM.

People are people and overall just jerks on both sides. From what I've seen less than 10% of people in this world are actually nice, the internet brings out what is truly inside others and if it wasn't for fear of consequence everyone would be a dbag offline too. Honestly it's best to say fuck all because as I also have mental illness I spent 10 years struggling like hell trying to "fix" myself, but I found peace when I realized it's really the problems with society. Society has a norm and if you don't fit in 100% you stand out and get torn apart. Even though people say "be yourself" its just a cliche because there is still a norm.

So now I just let go of everything, live for myself and not get attached to others (I used to get attached to other people really easily then get hurt) and understand that every person on this planet is a doorway for pain and misery, so just make a powertech, enjoy and get through this life smoothly and when you die the pain stops forever. So just gotta sit quietly, smile when they want you to and get through life as smoothly as possible.
    Last edited by bolnahalke; 2014-09-08 at 02:37 PM.
    jedi? dark jedi!

The game is over that point in its lifecycle that most players have abandoned a specific faction identity and genuinely play both sides, largely sped up by the Legacy system. Sure people will say one or the other is their favorite, but it's alrgely superficial and you'll find the same atmosphere on both sides of the fence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing both sides and see assholes on both sides. Just further evidence supporting the G.I.F.T.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try a Role Playing server.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    Try a Role Playing server.
    ^^This. You find ALOT more respectful people on RP servers. Also I would add leave fleet chat, unless you're LFGing, it's the most wretched hive of scum and villainy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesket View Post
    *snip* -Edge
    wow!?!?!?! Okay the guy you are refer too may be a jerk but what!?!?!? After typing something like that are you any better?
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-09-08 at 07:30 PM.

Just shut down general chat when you're in the cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draculja View Post
    Just shut down general chat when you're in the cities.
    I do not recall a single mmo whose general channel was a good place to open up about depression, suicidal feelings, etc... There are a number of support options available, like hotlines. Depending on location of course. Opening up in a general chat channel is an invitation for abuse.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I have made bad experiences on both sides, especially in the low level/leveling content.
    not so much endgame. I think endgame is finde on both sides on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I do not recall a single mmo whose general channel was a good place to open up about depression, suicidal feelings, etc... There are a number of support options available, like hotlines. Depending on location of course. Opening up in a general chat channel is an invitation for abuse.
    I got to go with this.

General chat in a video game is not where even one single person should be looking for that kind of help or support. Plus the fact that most general chats are filled with those that just want to flame bait and start shit.

Hard to believe anything that come across general chat in any mmo.

You want help for your real life personal problems? Find help in real life, no some fantasy world video game (or the general chat of a video game).

But as far as are gamers nicer on Emp side or Rep side?

It's about teh same on either side. I've found it to be like that in about every MMo I play. Be it SWTOR, WOW or DCUO (and general chat for many of mmos - LOTRO, GW, WS)

They can all breed good and bad people and their comments.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-09-09 at 06:09 PM.

In my opinion pvp servers are more often worse as far as communities go and stuff that gets said in general.

being an attention-whore in Trade/General rarely brings about thoughtful conversation.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I've seen anything quite like that in either side of chat, but then again I play on another server, as others have suggested and I do play on a RP server, on Ebon Hawk.

Yes, general chat is where you will find the lowest form of humanity