collection reward: a unique exotic weapon of your choice

I'll leave this here, translation:
    Unlock these 18 crafted ascended armor-skins in your wardrobe; Reward: one unique exotic weapon of your choice (accountbound).

10+ Year Old Account
    Except precursors eh? :>
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Except precursors eh? :>
    a precursor IS a unique exotic weapon. Furthermore: if crafting an ascended armor piece costs 65g and you need 18 of them this would resemble the price of a precursor. Why would a reward be something lesser than each of the parts you need to collect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Scratch that - it appears the unique weapons will be a Glint version of the Zenith skins.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-09-08 at 04:50 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Scratch that - it appears the unique weapons will be a Glint version of the Zenith skins.
    nope, as I clarified that german in the video just speculates

könnten = could be

He has no idea.

Wait a second, I am not sure what this means really. Ascended armor collection = 1 exotic skin? Seems like a crummy trade off.

I don't understand what "unique" means in this instance. Unique, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wait a second, I am not sure what this means really. Ascended armor collection = 1 exotic skin? Seems like a crummy trade off.

I don't understand what "unique" means in this instance. Unique, how?
    unique for named weapon, like any non-generic exotic weapon including precursors.

- - - Updated - - -

got a clarification, no precursor

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Collections-Non-RNG-precursors/first#post4376758

Hi, Just a quick clarification about the initial video: this is a preview of the September 2014 Feature Pack collection and it shows rewards that are unique to the collection feature, but they’re not precursors. These rewards are the named exotics that drop from Champion loot bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    unique for named weapon, like any non-generic exotic weapon including precursors.
    Hm, I don't find that clarification to be useful. I don't know what a non-generic exotic weapon means or is- they all seem the same to me.

Generic ones are ones that have randomized prefixes and suffixes. Scholar's great cheese wedge of the scholar for instance. Besides that, there's non-generic ones, which means they have a specific name. Ratslapper for instance would be a possible name of a "non-generic" weapon.

-the names have been changed to protect the innocent.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Generic ones are ones that have randomized prefixes and suffixes. Scholar's great cheese wedge of the scholar for instance. Besides that, there's non-generic ones, which means they have a specific name. Ratslapper for instance would be a possible name of a "non-generic" weapon.

-the names have been changed to protect the innocent.
    exactly. Fencers, you've never heard of named weapons? O_o Just take a look at the trading post for most expensive exotics.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    exactly. Fencers, you've never heard of named weapons? O_o Just take a look at the trading post for most expensive exotics.
    I never pay attention to the names of anything really. And never buy anything off the trade post (I don't see the point or need). I have a full set of exotic Berserker gear and some Ascended pieces.

For the most part I am still wearing the gear I got a couple of weeks after hitting max level. There was no need to change as nothing offered anything better as far as I know- at least I have not seen any information that leads me to believe Berserker gear is less than optimal in PVE. I have done nearly all the PVE content in this same gear.

Are named exotic items better or more powerful than generic exotic items?

I have PVP'd twice in the released game. I do not know what is useful to PVP gearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never pay attention to the names of anything really. And never buy anything off the trade post (I don't see the point or need). I have a full set of exotic Berserker gear and some Ascended pieces.

For the most part I am still wearing the gear I got a couple of weeks after hitting max level. There was no need to change as nothing offered anything better as far as I know- at least I have not seen any information that leads me to believe Berserker gear is less than optimal in PVE. I have done nearly all the PVE content in this same gear.

I have PVP'd twice in the released game. I do not know what is useful to PVP gearing.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Firebringer an example, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Volcanus volcanus is one of the most known, just look at the eldritch scroll
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

The notion of randomized generic gear vs. unique gear has been around in a lot of games for years. Usually generic gear are made up from random properties/affices/attributes and are helpful in levelling up processes and usually end up as "disenchanting materials" after maximum level has been reached. The "unique" ones usually have a specific name and something "extra" depending on the game. For example in GW2, where the target at end level the visual properties of stuff, they may have a special visual effect, but have otherwise the exact same stats as other exotics (i.e. no more powerful). In other games they might involve a special effect which can be seen as more powerful in comparison to the random items of the same level (i.e. 5% of a burst of fire surrounding the target burning the enemies in melee range).

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    The unique weapon is a Champ bag unique weapon, AKA: Cobalt, Entropy, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by kelevandros View Post
    The notion of randomized generic gear vs. unique gear has been around in a lot of games for years.
    I am aware of this. Was not aware it was in GW2- never encountered the items or noticed if I did.