Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question So, Exactly, Why Aren't We Seeing Turalyon/Alleria?

I feel like this was the perfect xpac to reveal the whereabouts of the couple. Was it said somewhere why we weren't seeing them?

Where have they gone? What are they doing now? Why does Blizz continue leaving such important characters out of the lore?
    If they're dead, (which they most likely aren't) why do you keep it a secret

Actually, if you want an answer beyond "they just forgot" there's a pretty good silver lining. Turalyon and Alleria were last seen going to Outland to fight the Horde and Legion. Well, they weren't there when we got there. If they left, where would they go? To wherever the next step between Outland and the Legion's nearest base of operations is.

They couldn't be brought back in this expansion without it being just a case of "oh and uh... they showed up, yeah."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Because this is an alternate timeline, not a different planet. The speculation regarding Turalyon and Alleria's whereabouts are based on whether they took a portal. Unless said portal was a time vortex or something similar, they wouldn't be on Draenor.

Also, because they're not Orcs they're conveniently left out.

Turalyon and Alleria are not connected to this expansion since they haven't traveled to Draenor yet. Unless they found a time/alternate universe travel thingy in Outland

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Turalyon and Alleria are not connected to this expansion since they haven't traveled to Draenor yet. Unless they found a time/alternate universe travel thingy in Outland
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Because this is an alternate timeline, not a different planet. The speculation around Alleria and Turalyon is whether or not they took a portal to another planet not whether they went back in time or not.

Also, because they're not Orcs they're conveniently left out.
    No I realize that but they could have easily revealed the whereabouts of them/had us rescue them/they show up/ and help us fight the same evil they did 20 some years ago.

Deleted
    why are you people obcessed with turalyon?

If I had to guess, I would say they are on Argus. I assume we will see them when we eventually go there. Just a guess though.

Did they not go to outland in our time? This expansion is going to draenor 35 years ago in a different timeway (read bronze dragon lore). This isn't even our same timeline, meaning anything we do wont change our future. Garrosh wasnt born in this timeway. Think of it as multiple timeways but single out 2 of them. In one the butterfly flies left, in the other the butterfly flies right. If you were to correct the left butterfly in the right timeline it wouldn't effect the left timeway, and vise versa.

Well uhh, maybe next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Uther and Anduin Lothar were killed. Who else is there to be obsessed with that is worthy of obsession (i.e. a Paladin )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by WhooFlungPoo View Post
    Did they not go to outland in our time? This expansion is going to draenor 35 years ago in a different timeway (read bronze dragon lore). This isn't even our same timeline, meaning anything we do wont change our future. Garrosh wasnt born in this timeway. Think of it as multiple timeways but single out 2 of them. In one the butterfly flies left, in the other the butterfly flies right. If you were to correct the left butterfly in the right timeline it wouldn't effect the left timeway, and vise versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctusar View Post
    No I realize that but they could have easily revealed the whereabouts of them/had us rescue them/they show up/ and help us fight the same evil they did 20 some years ago.
    Read.
    /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    for the same reason people watching tv shows like 'unsolved mysteries' and such..
    curiosity kills the cat.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I feel like this was the perfect xpac to reveal the whereabouts of the couple. Was it said somewhere why we weren't seeing them?

Where have they gone? What are they doing now? Why does Blizz continue leaving such important characters out of the lore?
    If they're dead, (which they most likely aren't) why do you keep it a secret
    WOD is a throwback to WC1 not WC2. A better time to deal with them would be when we can travel between worlds easier and deal with our leagion. Having them turn up while going back in time to an alternate universe Draenor where they haven't even visited yet doesn't really fit.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2014-09-08 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well uhh, maybe next expansion.
    As Xilurm said, next Burning Legion heavy expansion (I don't know if 7.0 or 8.0)seems the right moment for them to appear

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    As Xilurm said, next Burning Legion heavy expansion (I don't know if 7.0 or 8.0)seems the right moment for them to appear
    Maybe like this.

Expansion 7.0
    We go back to Azeroth for a Burning Legion invasion.
    Both Alliance and Horde get another faction with Turalyon/Alleria and Rexxar leading them respectively. (Yeah you can guess where I am going with it)

Expansion 8.0
    We go back to Draenor (Blizz said we can have an entire expansion back in Draenor) to deal with the Ogre Empire to the south.

Quote Originally Posted by WhooFlungPoo View Post
    This is actually unfortunate to me. I understand how this story is working. Alternate timeline=current time line unaffected. That's all fine and what not. But im really hoping when we come back through to Azeroth when all is said and done. There will be a new Nage infused problem we have to deal with. ^.^ One can only hope.

EDIT: Also why are those two so significant? I played during BC but I came into the game after BC was released probably 7-8 months before Wrath.
    Last edited by Cycoko; 2014-09-08 at 03:08 PM.

They are in the same "saved for Legion exp" limbo that MU Velen is in. We get Khadgar back in WOD, and we would have had Kurdran Wildhammer back in Cata, if the red shirt guy had kept his stupid mouth shut!

Because they are to important to do that. They aren't going to just

"I sense something in this portal! I think its them! Help me get them out"
    T&A :"thx. So I guess y'all have orc problem. Let's kill orcs. #racism"

Even an entire patch...were we go to timeless planet and help them grind epoch orcs skulls in preparation to help with a big bad would be to lame.

Most likely they r going to be CENTRAL to whatever expansion they are in. Whether its them helping us invade argus or rescue a planet from the legion or arrive just in time to warn of an invasion of azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turalyon and Alleria are too busy in pound town making their own army.

OT: didnt metzen say that we might get some clues at to their whereabouts?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    Turalyon and Alleria are too busy in pound town making their own army.

OT: didnt metzen say that we might get some clues at to their whereabouts?
    I fail to see how are we gonna find any clue in a place they haven't even set foot on. Another metzen's great storytelling chapter incoming?