Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The threat of death is what makes life so awesome. If we were to live forever, nothing in the world would even matter to us.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    ......and after death, hell is an endless string of pointless Salandrin polls.
    Truly horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    As the title says more or less. Does it ever bother you that, no matter how good or happy your life is, death is always looming around the corner and will inevitably come for you? What I mean by "point" is no matter what you do in life, it'll all end someday and seem to be pointless since no matter what you do, you can't escape it.
    “Why should I fear death?
    If I am, then death is not.
    If Death is, then I am not.
    Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?"
    -Epicurus

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no point or meaning in life but the one you make for yourself, so there's no reason not to have the best life you can. You only get one trip around, after all.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Wow come on spoiler alert, maybe?
    The earth is not a cold dead place

I plan to cyborg my way out of the whole dying bit. So yes, I am quite happy!
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    That thought just makes me even happier to live. Otherwise I'd just procrastinate doing things FOREVER.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    It's not uncommon to ask these questions at all actually. Especially this particular question.
    I didn't mean to imply this question was stupid or something. I was just adding my input like everyone else. I think I just posted it with the grumps.

I actually believe the opposite of the question; death is what gives life its meaning. And to connect to my previous post, each person should take advantage of that fear of death to do what they enjoy, to be with who they love, or to find inner peace.

Deleted
    Dying is inevitable. Making your life a good one isn't.

It's like you're given a lollipop. You already know what it's going to taste like, so why lick it? Because it's there for you to lick.

Deleted
    I know what you mean Saladrin, but let me tell you something. I've killed myself dozens of times, turns out you get this lame ass game over screen and then you wake up at the last save point. Its freaking ridiculous, life is an eternal curse and you can't escape it.

So might aswell enjoy it for all eternity.

Everyone dies, no matter how happy, healthy the person is.

There is a way to live for 100+ years. The DNA is the key, but imo humanity do not need to unlock this.