Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Tell him your beliefs are private.

Personally, I wouldn't escalate the matter. It's not like he stuck a broom up your butt.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    It's satire. And it's calling it EXACTLY as it sees it. Moral Oral, for example takes all the lessons of the bible LITERALLY. The MC is "pure pureness" as is pointed out in one of the final episodes and stands as a counterpoint to the hypocrisy of the self-righteous, sanctimonious people of moralton. And Black Jesus plays on the fact that the messages of the bible are NOT relevant to a modern audience, that jesus would, in fact, ONLY be interested in the poor and oppressed, and that, whether black or arab, he CERTAINLY WAS NOT WHITE. Blonde-haired and blue-eyed my ass.

Terribly sorry that you see it like that, but I must respectfully disagree. If you find that these shows aren't openly mocking Christianity, then you don't know very much about Christianity. However, I find no issue with this, each person is entitled to their own opinion and what not. I remain by my point that Christianity is the most commonly mocked of all religion.

That aside, to the OP. Don't get so upset over someone giving you a piece of paper, unless he was aggressive or threatened your job over it, you have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    Most of you seem to underestimate the case. But then again, most of you might be christian US Americans.

As an employer, one must strictly avoid the mere mentioning of religion. Giving you a pamphlet and thereby telling you "You're lifestyle is wrong. Join our church!" is a serious intervention in his privacy - which should have nothing to do with his employment situation.

This is actually a pretty big deal and your reactions remind me of that smart girl who was bullied because not taking part in some kind of christian ritual (which was illegally performed at school)
    i think you're overestimating it. his "boss" isn't his employer he's just some dude who makes 14 bucks an hour instead of 12 bucks an hour and has the password to the part of the CSR wiki that 14 bucks an hour grants him. he's just some guy trying to live his life the best way he knows how and OP is freaking out about it.

I'd just look for a new job, personally.

My desktop at work does have a wallpaper related to paganism as well as an Odal rune sitting above my desk. I do not, however, go around talking to people about my religious beliefs ore try to convert people. I personally don't have issues with people using religious imagery in their personal space but I really don't think it should be forced into public view by someone with some degree of authority.

Believe what you want to believe, but don't try to force it onto other people. If people want to know, they'll ask. I don't know if he's doing anything wrong, but to me I'd consider it a character flaw no matter what religion he's displaying.

10+ Year Old Account
    But then again, most of you might be christian US Americans.
    2/3 of those things at least.
    Bad decisions make good stories.

SMITE, free to play MOBA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of you seem to underestimate the case. But then again, most of you might be christian US Americans.

As an employer, one must strictly avoid the mere mentioning of religion. Giving you a pamphlet and thereby telling you "You're lifestyle is wrong. Join our church!" is a serious intervention in his privacy - which should have nothing to do with his employment situation.

This is actually a pretty big deal and your reactions remind me of that smart girl who was bullied because not taking part in some kind of christian ritual (which was illegally performed at school)
    As I said. A lot of Americans lack a sense of professionalism in the workplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I call nonsense on that one. Christianity is and remains the only major religion that can be openly mocked and made fun of with little-to-no repercussions in the US. People in the US lose jobs at Mozilla and Home & Garden channels for expressing Christian beliefs also. Not so much with the aetheists.
    If this is fact I'd say Athiests are more persecuted than Christians, and it's deserved because of how mercilessly these nutbars go about mocking and trying to tear down historic Christian sites for having their influence. They do not do it to other faiths such as Islam, because they realize if they did it to a Muslim they would lose their heads. Christians are the most persecuted, and the amount of internal strength they exert not to rise to what are more often than not petty baitings, speaks well of the truth and veracity of their faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has drifted too far away from the OP's conflict with his supervisor into debate about religion. OP got plenty of advice. Closing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |