Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Russian Soldiers, not Rebels, most likely shot down MH17.

New evidence suggests that the Buk missile system that shot down MH17 belonged to Russia, and Russian soliders were most likely the ones operating it. Local citizens in Russia's Belgorod region posted videos in June of a Buk missile system that has been identified as the same one used to down the July 17 flight, killing 298. There are certain clear markers, such as identification numbers and turret designs, that make it possible to match the specific Buk missile system. It is also believed that the specific Russian brigade that likely operated it can be identified. The 53rd brigade, part of the Russian Protivo Vozdushnaya Oborona (PVO), or Anti-Aircraft Defense troops, was also successfully tracked through videos and photos. The U.S. intelligence community has suspected that it was pro-Russian separatists, rather than official Russian forces, that fired the missile. - DB

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29109398
    https://bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-e...ussian-troops/
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...s-russian.html (Summary)

Looks like we gave Putin too much credit in even thinking it was untrained separatists that did this. Putin is walking all over the international community.
    Last edited by diddle; 2014-09-08 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gona say that if this was the case, do you not think that a major news source would have picked this up faster than "Bellingcat.com" because The Daily Beast simply refers back there.

Having googled bellingcat.com it appears to be a news website set up by kickstarter page a month ago...

I'm really not buying it, Occams Razor says that rebels did it and Russia frankly is one of the least likely parties.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    New evidence suggests that the Buk missile system that shot down MH17 belonged to Russia, and Russian soliders were most likely the ones operating it. Local citizens in Russia's Belgorod region posted videos in June of a Buk missile system that has been identified as the same one used to down the July 17 flight, killing 298. There are certain clear markers, such as identification numbers and turret designs, that make it possible to match the specific Buk missile system. It is also believed that the specific Russian brigade that likely operated it can be identified. The 53rd brigade, part of the Russian Protivo Vozdushnaya Oborona (PVO), or Anti-Aircraft Defense troops, was also successfully tracked through videos and photos. The U.S. intelligence community has suspected that it was pro-Russian separatists, rather than official Russian forces, that fired the missile. - DB

https://bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-e...ussian-troops/
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...s-russian.html (Summary)

Looks like we gave Putin too much credit in even thinking it was untrained separatists that did this. Putin is walking all over the international community.
    So, um, assuming for the sake of argument that the article's claim that the launcher in Russia is the same as the launcher in Ukraine, how do we (or the author) know it was used to shoot down MH17? (That bit seems to be missing from the article....)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Dont trust those sites - I`ll wait until Malaysia and Netherlands release their reports.

Deleted
    I'll wait till BBC

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter. It is Russia's fault regardless.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    thank you kind sir, will add it to OP

Looks like we gave Putin too much credit in even thinking it was untrained separatists that did this
    Do you believe anyone would think so?

Considering it's Russian soldiers on "vacation" in the rebel ranks, I'm not surprised if this were the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting now that it's on BBC, warrants some attention at least.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

OP, you might want to remove any iffy links from your post. I promise you it will be used against the thread by the putin supporters.

If this is the case, I wonder what EU and any other countries who had citizens killed will respond? More sanctions from the EU plus from non EU members?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to play "Doubt the source/article" but it is all conjecture from an eyewitness, whose side would have a LOT to gain if Russia were blamed for this.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Considering it's Russian soldiers on "vacation" in the rebel ranks, I'm not surprised if this were the case.
    The "on vacation" comment made me truly appreciate just how many shits Putin does not give about what the rest of the world thinks in regards to this.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    The "on vacation" comment made me truly appreciate just how many shits Putin does not give about what the rest of the world thinks in regards to this.
    Very true, he's a scumbag but damn if he doesn't have to wear a back brace to deal with the weight of his giant balls.

"What were Russian soldiers doing in Ukraine? I don't know, they were on vacation. Fuck you."

Wow this goes beyond what I expected.

If this is confirmed by the investigation report (at the end of the month), consequences to Russia should be even more severe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Interesting now that it's on BBC, warrants some attention at least.
    The BBC piece completely avoids the unsubstantiated claims in the OP's original link, limiting itself to the evidence that there was a BUK missile launcher on the separatist/pro-Russian side in the area of the shootdown. Which, unless my memory is failing me, is something we already knew: that both sides in the conflict had BUK launchers in range of the flightpath and denied it.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Do you believe anyone would think so?
    To be honest I thought the whole "untrained rebels made a terrible mistake" notion was pretty plausible. Guess Russian soldiers aren't trained very well.

Just more sensationalism media..

nothing listed is anywhere near close to proof. it's some locals.

now considering the locals are either A, pro russian or B, have an axe to grind WITH russia..

I don't quite understand why the sheeple will consider this to be 'evidence' of any true sort.

the BBC article is even by the same muppet who tried to grab headlines when putin said he could've taken kiev
    in 2 weeks if he wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    The BBC piece completely avoids the unsubstantiated claims in the OP's original link, limiting itself to the evidence that there was a BUK missile launcher on the separatist/pro-Russian side in the area of the shootdown. Which, unless my memory is failing me, is something we already knew: that both sides in the conflict had BUK launchers in range of the flightpath and denied it.
    Well whilst it's nothing particularly conclusive or incriminating, I do believe that they were (and the article states) vehemently denying possession of a BUK. So it's maybe something new, I mean we already "knew" it despite their denial.