Are you looking forward to Persona 5?

New release for a niche series, but the recent announcement trailer has stirred a considerable buzz despite the minimal footage.

Thought?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

If anything, Persona 3 and 4 suggest that the series gets better with age.

Yes.
    Yes I am. Such hype.
    I might even go back to my Chie avatar once Persona 4 Arena Ultimax comes out, and Persona Q too coming....so much Persona to play.

Yes and I will probably finally take the plunge and get a PS4 when its out. I never considered this series incredibly niche as most Japanese games tend to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never even heard of it, so unfortunately I am not looking forward to it.
    Maybe if I looked into it I would but, but realistically if its coming out any time between now and New Years its irrelevant to me. Wont be doing much of anything besides WoD for the first 2 months its out.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yes and I will probably finally take the plunge and get a PS4 when its out. I never considered this series incredibly niche as most Japanese games tend to be.
    It's definitely one of the most popular Atlas games overall I would say.
    Also I wish I could get the PS4 version, I'll be stuck with my PS3 probably still due to college eating my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    I've never even heard of it, so unfortunately I am not looking forward to it.
    Maybe if I looked into it I would but, but realistically if its coming out any time between now and New Years its irrelevant to me. Wont be doing much of anything besides WoD for the first 2 months its out.
    GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!

It has an unannounced date, just that it will be out in 2015.

Also, the trailer for anyone wondering.

Spoiler- It explains almost nothing.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-09-08 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah

Finally, there will be a reason to own a PS4 other than NBA2K14. I hope they take measure to make the combat a little better and do something to deviate from the go to school, hang out with your friends for max s.link ranks and work on your attributes so you aren't too much of a pussy to ask girls out then clear a dungeon in one day pattern though

playing through persona 4 again and having to have all of these stats maxed out in a game ive already beaten is just so shitty. Oh, you don't have enough Courage to talk to Naoto. Oh, now you're not Smart enough. And I'm just sitting here like wow fuck this, i don't even want to play the game anymore. fuck you and your dungeon, I hope you die

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'll give Persona 4 or 3 a try despite my skepticism of anime and anime related media. Don't know what to expect though.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    New release for a niche series, but the recent announcement trailer has stirred a considerable buzz despite the minimal footage.

Thought?
    A series that sells nearly a million on the Vita which has a small install base isn't niche anymore.

Persona 5 might break 2 million when the dust settles. I thought a million+ before the PS4 announcement, the PS4 numbers won't be huge in Japan but they will be massive in the west for a console many people own that is starved for JRPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    yeah

Finally, there will be a reason to own a PS4 other than NBA2K14. I hope they take measure to make the combat a little better and do something to deviate from the go to school, hang out with your friends for max s.link ranks and work on your attributes so you aren't too much of a pussy to ask girls out then clear a dungeon in one day pattern though

playing through persona 4 again and having to have all of these stats maxed out in a game ive already beaten is just so shitty. Oh, you don't have enough Courage to talk to Naoto. Oh, now you're not Smart enough. And I'm just sitting here like wow fuck this, i don't even want to play the game anymore. fuck you and your dungeon, I hope you die
    Haha, have you played Persona 3? None of the girls will even talk to you in that game unless you're smart enough, brave enough, or charming enough. Although yeah, the specific case you're talking about is about the only social link that's annoying on the first playthrough, second one you save all your stats like that so as long as you maxed everything out the first playthrough you should be good.

Oddly enough, that's the exact part I stopped at during my 2nd playthrough, started Persona 3 Portable since then.