Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Ray Rice cut from Ravens and suspended from NFL indefinitely for domestic abuse.

Finally. That greasy bastard, guess they realized how bad all the press was for them. They were initially only going to suspend him a few games.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...ce-posted.html

Hilariously transparent damage control, IMO.

It's not like people didn't know he hit her. She didn't magically lose consciousness in the elevator, the tape just wasn't available.

Deleted
    Wait, she actually got married with him after that?

What the fuck...

10+ Year Old Account
    He was cut from the team first, they basically had to suspend him now as well since the video came out.

I wonder why the NFL is doing this, but they let people who have DUI manslaughter convictions play in the league still, and are going to put in the hall of fame someone who plead out of a murder trial to turn evidence against others, and admitted to lying to police during the crucial first few hours of the investigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Wait, she actually got married with him?

What the fuck...
    Yep, did an interview after saying it was a drunken mistake on both there parts, she loved him and all that.
    You're a towel.

What the fuck...
    Shit I'd take a sucker punch to stay on that gravy train.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Yeah, being abused isnt a fun thing to go through, no matter the money involved... :s

What the fuck...
    She wanted the $$$.

If he's suspended indefinitely, we'll see how long this lasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post

It's not like people didn't know he hit her.
    Well the story from him and his wife was that SHE attacked him and it was self defense.

Clearly that is bullshit.

Glad to see this fuck boy cut from the team and I hope no team ever gives him another chance. Not only did he hit her twice for seemingly no good reason but he lied about the actual series of events that night. Piece of shit he is.

Extremely fucking sad the NFL got this wrong and are suspending players like Robert Mathis for taking fertility drugs so he and his wife can produce a child and Josh Gordon has to miss and entire season because he likes pot. Terrible commissioner he needs to be removed from the league.
    Last edited by tj119; 2014-09-08 at 07:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Reading it on other sites, that's the general consensus of why she's staying.

But damn, i don't think i'd trade a few million at most for threat of violence throughout said relationship; If what's been parroted about is accurate.

I love when things are relevant to things I like!

though, not sure from the video if it really applies. But it needs to be head off at the pass before it comes up
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-09-08 at 07:17 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    He wasn't exactly in the prime of his career anyway, numbers were down, RB's lose it really fast usually. With this on his record/public relations, hes done anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading it on other sites, that's the general consensus of why she's staying.

But damn, i don't think i'd trade a few million at most for threat of violence throughout said relationship; If what's been parroted about is accurate.
    Nobody knows for sure that is what she stayed with him for, that is outright guessing from people. For all you or I know, that is true, but to just say "thats the consensus!" and think of it as an absolute truth is silly.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. What do you say to that?

Knock out your GF, no prblem.

Smoke weed? BANNED4LIFELOOSER!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    He wasn't exactly in the prime of his career anyway, numbers were down, RB's lose it really fast usually. With this on his record/public relations, hes done anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody knows for sure that is what she stayed with him for, that is outright guessing from people. For all you or I know, that is true, but to just say "thats the consensus!" and think of it as an absolute truth is silly.
    Gold diggers don't leave the mine until it collapses. . . . . . . or stops producing.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Well the story from him and his wife was that SHE attacked him and it was self defense.

Clearly that is bullshit.
    That's not bullshit at all, did you watch the video? She tries to backhand/slap him when they are near the buttons, he swings/pushes (hard to tell) her and backs up to the opposite corner, and she charges him. It's incredibly unlikely that she was going to actually be able to hurt him, but she definitely was attacking him when he hit her.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to defend his actions, but I just don't like this damage-control reaction now that there's a video. Everyone knew before this that he hit her and knocked her out. They decided on a punishment that they felt fit the crime (whether it did or not), and now they're changing their mind just because there are fancy moving pictures of the events everyone already knew. Just own your previous decision and move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That's why the latter part of my post is especially relevant in such a context.

Key words being, "If" and "Accurate" when viewing it.

And i wrote it as a consensus after viewing Reddit's sub relating to the sport, they're pretty unanimous thus far she's a career trophy wife; But like i mentioned above, i can't read her mind so eh.

Curious she tried to cover up for him though and attempted to explain it away.

Thank you Madden Gifferator.

http://i.imgur.com/WAwRJm3.gif
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Thank you Madden Gifferator.

http://i.imgur.com/WAwRJm3.gif
    This is fantastic

Goodall needs to go too. The ONLY reason that Rice is having the problems he is, is because he is hurting the "brand" Goodall KNEW about this. This is no surprise. If TMZ hadn't done what they did, none of this would have happened.

The police "investigating" this need to be investigated themselves. Videos of a man knocking a woman out, and dragging her unconscious out of an elevator would be enough to charge any "normal" person - no matter the circumstances. Janay Rice is no wwe wrestler - even if she DID start it (as he claims, and she apologizes for) There is NEVER a reason to do that.

The man deserves jail!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post

The man deserves jail!
    I assume you also think the woman deserves jail time for it to, right?
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    Goodall needs to go too. The ONLY reason that Rice is having the problems he is, is because he is hurting the "brand" Goodall KNEW about this. This is no surprise. If TMZ hadn't done what they did, none of this would have happened.

The police "investigating" this need to be investigated themselves. Videos of a man knocking a woman out, and dragging her unconscious out of an elevator would be enough to charge any "normal" person - no matter the circumstances. Janay Rice is no wwe wrestler - even if she DID start it (as he claims, and she apologizes for) There is NEVER a reason to do that.

The man deserves jail!
    He was charged, and was diverted to a first-time offenders program. The legal system did its job.

NFL is in damage control mode. They initially suspended him for 2 games that alone had people up in arms asking for harsher punishment. In light of the video coming out they really had no choice but to make an example of him.