Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    I have never meet two people with exactly the smae moral compass. Everyone's personal morals are different
    And people do not develop morals in a vacuum, they are, like all knowledge, interpreted from external stimuli.

All the morals we have are either derivative, or congruent with those of the society we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    It's not debatable at all.
    They gave me money willingly and i never confirmed i would do anything for them
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Deleted
    $50 makes no difference to my life. Its pocket change
    You do realise repeating it doesn't make that bullshit stink less?

They willing gave me $50 with no contract, not stealing in my eyes
    View it however you choose. It's stealing in the eyes of the law.

Deleted
    How fucking expensive are those smokes? $50? wowzers. What did they ask you for the finest cigars?

Anyway you are a bit of a cunt, but who cares. I pulled the same trick but I didn't nick the money I just got them as many mars bars as possible. They were not happy when i handed them over laughing but what are they going to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    They gave me money willingly and i never confirmed i would do anything for them
    Absolutely incorrect. Your own post:

So i was in a country town at the shops and some youths approached me and asked if i could buy them cigarettes. Now not been from around here i thought i would teach these morons a lesson. So i said yes and they gave me $50.
    Unless these kids forced this money into your pocket and would not take it back, or you did not notice that they put it into your possession, you willingly accepted that money. Therefore you stole the money when you did not return the goods that you accepted the money for. That is defrauding someone.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    you stole their money over a trivial matter /slow clap

I have never meet two people with exactly the smae moral compass. Everyone's personal morals are different
    You stole fifty dollars from some kids and are trying to justify it by getting people on the internet to agree with you. Let me spell this out for you:

1. You are a thief and it was wrong to steal from those kids

2. Instead of taking the more despicable approach you could have just ignored the kids and gone about your business or even informed the store owner that some kids were trying to get people to buy them cigarettes.

3. In trying to justify your immoral actions you are trying to rally support on the internet through anonymous means, thus taking a cowardly approach to the situation and proving beyond reasonable doubt that you know this was wrong and are trying to soothe your own conscience by getting someone to tell you that you're the cool guy for stealing from some kids.

There is no grey area here. It's totally black and white. Again I ask, how is this difficult to understand?
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Hypothetically speaking of course, is the following right, wrong or a greay area.
    So i was in a country town at the shops and some youths approached me and asked if i could buy them cigarettes. Now not been from around here i thought i would teach these morons a lesson. So i said yes and they gave me $50.
    I walked in the shopping centre did what i had to and walked out the other entrance and doubled back to my car avoiding them then drove off into the sunset with free money.
    Is this right or wrong or is it ok cause it taught these idiots a good life lesson, people are generally arseholes and will screw you over.
    I don't think you understand what hypothetical means. Hypothetical is "what if" you were a jackass. From what you've said you actually were a jackass.
    Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    And how do they prove it? How do they go to the police without incriminating themsleves. Verbal contracts are useless unless you record it
    What is lawful and provable is irrelevant when discussing what is right and just.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

And how do they prove it? How do they go to the police without incriminating themsleves. Verbal contracts are useless unless you record it
    Hypothetically lets say there was surveillance footage of the exchange. You're going to have a harder time proving that they asked you to buy cigarettes.

But then again that just hypothetical, like a scenario where you aren't an arsehole.

Deleted
    i think it was wrong, but if it helps you... its not the worst "wrong" of all times

smoking still kills

Hypothetically speaking of course, is the following right, wrong or a greay area.
    I walked in the shopping centre did what i had to and walked out the other entrance and doubled back to my car avoiding them then drove off into the sunset with free money.
    Is this right or wrong or is it ok cause it taught these idiots a good life lesson, people are generally arseholes and will screw you over.
    i probably would have bought em the cigs then dunked them in water before I gave em to the kids cause I know im a jerk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I fail to see how stealing their money is teaching them a lesson for wanting to smoke...
    no. they GAVE him the money. thats not stealing.

Deleted
    Love how he says HYPOTHETICAL then admits I ACTUALLY DID THIS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    Gave him the money on the agreement that he'd buy them the goods. He then ran off with the money. That's stealing.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Haha awesome well done OP

Deleted
    I really do find myself facepalming more here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    A verbal contract is a powerful bond, breaching it can actually see a person prosecuted for it.

They gave him the money on a verbally conveyed contract, they give him $50 for the cigarettes he agreed to buy for them.

He broke that bond, he took the money and walked away, he's a thief and a liar looking for validation here; And failing to seek it by and large.

If the shop had CCTV (Almost a certain) they'd record him interacting with them for a minute or so, showing body language indicating agreement, him taking the money and then going in.

And naturally walking away.

Deleted
    Well you stole their money.. they shouldn't have trusted a stranger but still. If they want to smoke, they'll gonna get them anyway.