Thread: The Forest

10+ Year Old Account

The Forest

The Forest. Deep within these giant swaying trees lies a petite human (but muscular) gazing into an abyss. The boy listens, not a muffle to be heard. What was once confusion, has now quickly converted to fear. What was it that the boy could have possibly seen or heard? Frozen from fear, the boy laid down and quickly moved into fettle position. Each breath felt like his last. The intensity was so strong that he could hear the pounding of his heart through his ear drums. He stayed there all night without spending a single minute asleep. Upon day break, he peered out into the thicket. Nothing stirred, so the boy took it as a sign that the area was clear. Hopping out of his shelter and heading out to the path, he smiled while thinking about how lucky he was. Happiness was short lived, because once again he saw something move in the bushes about 50m from him. He instantly crouched, hoping whatever that thing was didn't see him. This time he could hear it rustling through the bushes towards him. His heart felt like it was ready to explode, each beat could be felt in his throat. Swoosh! As the monster swings it's arm from the shrubs and grabs the boys shoulder. The boy is able to rip free and grab an edged softball sized rock. With one strong swing, the boy hit the monster in the side of the head. Staggered but not unconscious, the boy swung again, this time knocking it to its knees. Still not dead, the boy went behind and with both hands, slammed the rock down into the monsters head. The boy sat for a while to recover his breath, but his victory was cut short by the horrid screeching in the distance. His heart sunk and doubt filled his mind. He knew that this might be his last day alive.

To;dr, a random imagination I got while sitting on a log in the woods.

What does the forest make you think of?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Camping, serial killers, beer, freedom, 'Murica.

You know what, never mind
    Last edited by Doctor; 2014-09-08 at 08:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The pope... doing numer 2's

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'd say your resizing was far more annoying to read.
    I'm not offended when people say "Murica, however, I think the people that ARE offended is because it's people who may not understand the intricacies of the USA, and the different demographics that exist there. I think American's saying "Murica" are referring to rednecks/hicks while people from other countries who say it are referring to the whole country. Big difference, but I'm not bothered by it.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Could you please stop referring to AMERICA, in disparaging terms? It's really annoying. Thanks.
    Dear Sir,

I meant it as a compliment, 'Murica actually has some of the greatest national parks in the world. I plan a 2 months excursion there in the next 5 years just to experience them.

Regards,
    Context

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'd say your resizing was far more annoying to read.

Whatever. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Dear Sir,

I meant it as a compliment, 'Murica actually has some of the greatest national parks in the world. I plan a 2 months excursion there in the next 5 years just to experience them.

Regards,
    Context
    Great, I hope you have a good time. I'm done with the lot of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thread sucks. Mods plz close
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Deep within these giant swaying trees lies a petite human (but muscular) gazing into an abyss
    How does one be petite, but muscular? Isn't that like saying tall (but short)?

Like, when we say "petite" aren't we referring to like, someone's build as much (if not more) than, like... their height or whatever.

Like...

Short and narrow is petite
    Short and built is stocky
    Tall and narrow is lanky
    Tall and built is "built like a brick shithouse" or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    How does one be petite, but muscular? Isn't that like saying tall (but short)?

Like, when we say "petite" aren't we referring to like, someone's build as much (if not more) than, like... their height or whatever.

Like...

Short and narrow is petite
    Short and built is stocky
    Tall and narrow is lanky
    Tall and built is "built like a brick shithouse" or something.
    That was my first thought.

OT: The forest makes me think of peaceful, quiet solitude.

I'm usually quite observant, looking for mushrooms for example.

My favorites are these, golden chanterelles, just fry them up in some butter with salt and put on bread=heaven. But you can use them for 100 different things.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-09-08 at 10:29 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    My thread sucks. Mods plz close
    Dude, threads have a life of their own. Never be sad if the thread you started turns into a massive thread you didn't intend. in the end if conversation is had we are entertained, and it's a win. And really, aren't we all here for entertainment and conversation?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, nothing specific.. Happy thoughts! Always loved being out in nature.

It makes me think about how slim the chances were that i'd be privileged enough (or am i?) to be living in my current circumstances. Out of all of the creatures on this planet alone (God knows how many there are in the universe) - I got to be a human. I get the luxury of living in a nice warm house, I get to do pretty much whatever the hell I want as long as I have the money for it and overall we just rule the world. Most animals on the other hand just live off the land, they just go day by day surviving in the best suited habitat for it - I could have VERY easily been living in a forest as a fucking squirrel or something right now, hell, I could be a fly; Damn that'd suck. I pretty much just live for the sake of living, not really having anything to look forward to but just hoping that I don't die. It makes me think of just how lucky I am, regardless of how unlucky I may be from time to time.

Also - Werewolves. I always think of werewolves when i'm in forests due to the fact that they used to scare the absolute living shit out of me when I was younger more than anything else in the world lol.

Reminds me of the books "Our Lady of the Forest" and "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon."