Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Honestly wonder why people hype Alliance up so much, especially saying they'd be able to take a game off of Shield (or even further saying they're the only Western team to have a chance at worlds). Wickd is fairly bad for the top lane pool, and especially in the case of Shield where Save is arguably the best top laner in the world currently, I just don't see it happening.

For Alliance it's pretty much the Froggen and friends show. Nobody can really deny Froggen as a great player, but for the rest.. Shook will either play great or poorly, their bot will be average and top lane is just bad compared to the counterparts.

I see Alliance as a fairly over hyped team, they're just leading the pack of a very average EU region atm - that's just my personal opinion though. They just really don't seem hugely impressive on an international level (I'm OGN/KR biased though and focus primarily on that region).

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    snip
    well im not on the hype train but i do praise alliance with their recent performance and this would be a perfect opportunity for ALL to show the world that they have what it takes to vs a korean power house like Najin white shield. (even though in my book Najin white shield is going to win the worlds :P)

uhhh just cant wait till group C D, B will be fun as well but not as much as C D
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    I wish that TSM, FNC and ALL wouldn't make out of group stages, that would hit those circlejerking fanboys good :^)

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    I wish that TSM, FNC and ALL wouldn't make out of group stages, that would hit those circlejerking fanboys good :^)
    CLG fan are ya?

Man quite sipping the haterade. I'm not a a huge fan of either of those teams but I really want NA or EU to take the trophy, even though the odds are stacked against them. I'm kind of over hearing about how great Korea is and how shit NA/EU is.

Yay! I can actually watch TSM vs. SHRC live, as it is at a reasonable hour..7AM.

Deleted
    Dont get why the chinese teams are always valued so highly, they didnt impress me in their play offs and for sure are beatable if you play around the aggressive teamfight style. I think SK and Alliance have good shots on making the next round, fnatic is quite hit or miss in the recent time. C9 looked kind of unconvincing, TSM has an easy group (who would have though) LMQ might make it if they show up at their top level.

Group A: Samsung White / EDG

Group B: SK / TSM

Group C: Samsung Blue / Fnatic or LMQ

Group D: Alliance / White Shield

15+ Year Old Account
    So, looking at the schedule...

Don't you suppose groups C and D are at an advantage playing the week after A and B? Less of a time-gap between groups and quarters, less rust build-up, etc etc.

Just a thought.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wanted to cheer for Kabum!, but the matches will be live at 5~7 AM in Brazil... on a week day.

With all the drama happening with SHRC, I think they are less likely to place. We'll see if they can bounce back from it, but loosing the UZI from their protect the UZI strategy does not bode well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else see the scrim leaks? C9 losing to Xenics and SK not getting blown out too badly by EDG. Not that scrims should be the deciding factor or taken as 100% but if C9 can't even beat NLB tier opponents then it's gonna be a rough tournament for NA fans :X

also got a good chuckle out of this http://na.lolesports.com/articles/to...rs-worlds-2014, is it Top 20 players or most popular players?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    CLG fan are ya?
    I like Aphro.
    Tho I hate TSM and FNC fanboys, so that's the reason I want them to not make out of the groups, it would save everyone from shitstorms on who's better and who's not. ALL is actually ok, so them making out would be not bad.
    Just my opinion, there you go.

I like Aphro.
    Tho I hate TSM and FNC fanboys, so that's the reason I want them to not make out of the groups, it would save everyone from shitstorms on who's better and who's not. ALL is actually ok, so them making out would be not bad.
    Just my opinion, there you go.
    I've been a TSM fan since IEM Kiev personally, when I saw them play against M5 in the finals. Hell, back then, they still had TRM. FNC always shows up when it matters, and they almost beat Royal Club last year in the quarterfinal.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an idea, if your favorite team was to win worlds, what champions do you think they would give the skins to?

TSM:
    Mundo
    Lee Sin
    Syndra
    Lucian/Caitlyn
    Nami

Deleted
    Ha, fun idea. But honestly. it's probably not that hard to predict. Only a few champions get played in those games. You're bound to get one or two right.

No particulair team. Just going for the more populair picks that I've seen lately.
    Moakai
    Kha'Zix
    Zed
    Corki
    Nami

Deleted
    Don't have fav team, just players I like, but imo champs that will get skins after worlds might be these:
    Maokai/Ryze
    Kha/Elise
    Ori/Yasuo
    Trist/Lucian
    Thresh/Nami

7+ Year Old Account
    Hope we see some upsets. Going for Alliance. Fuck yea being from NZ good times for me to watch the games.

Quote Originally Posted by mobanoob View Post
    Hope we see some upsets. Going for Kabuum. Fuck yea being from NZ good times for me to watch the games.
    Fixed that for ya
    Being from California, the games start at 2AM, so I'll be watching the VoDs.

More worlds hype:

Well then, there goes SK's chances of making it out of groups.
    http://na.lolesports.com/articles/le...%80%9D-johnsen

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Well then, there goes SK's chances of making it out of groups.
    http://na.lolesports.com/articles/le...%80%9D-johnsen
    Svenskeren isn't even really that much of an impact player, he's lower tier as EU junglers go.

Probably not as damning as it could be. They do have 2 subs that jungle it seems, so there's that.