Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your Professions going into WoD

With combat perks from professions being removed. As well as some capability to use any profession of your choosing via Garrison to a certian degree in Warlords of Draenor. What are your professions going into WoD? Are you keeping your current professions? Or are you taking something new?

So what do you have or plan to change and why?

Currently my hunter has Jewelcrafting and Enchanting. Had those two for the longest because it allows me to gem and enchant new gear right away for the most part. And belp me make gold. With the changes to gems and enchants. I might just drop them for something else but am undecided.

Because crafted gear is both BOP and only the best can be crafted by those with the professions, raiders may want to get their armor choice profession in order to fill out item slots they need at the time.
    Chronomancer Club

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am currently Engineering/Leatherworking. At the beginning of an expansion, as cityguy mentioned, crafted gear is usually very good. I'll be able to make whatever LW items as well as the helms from engineering.

I've been a Leatherworker since I started playing in Vanilla, and I have every pattern in-game (except one), so there's no way I'm dropping that. However, I did drop Skinning for Inscription earlier in the expansion for the profession bonus. With profession bonuses going away however, I've dropped Inscription in favor of Alchemy. I know a lot of hunters love Engineering for a profession, but it just doesn't fit with my character.
    Nameless hunter pets make me rage. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently Herbalism/Engi (MinMax on BM Troll Hunter) but I'll probably drop Herb for LW cuz free gear.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

BS/Mining because I'm too much a pussy to re learn some new profession.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    Mining/Engineering. The other proffs are getting worse and worse compared to engineering, each expansion.

Engeneering will alow you to make a weapon. You will also be able to upgrade it several times.
    I am not sure if the weapon ilvl / upgrades will be better than raid weapons but considering the RNG from MoP when i was doing Terrace with a 476 epic from heroic dungeons i am glad there is an Engeneering weapon.

Also non Engeneers will be able to use that weapon but adding engeneering helms there makes engeneering a great choise. Not to mention all the cool stuff engeneering gives mailbox and bank access etc.

Next thing i value most is LW crafting 3 leather and 2 mail classes gear provides significant market demand compared to Tailoring and BS with 3 classes for each. In the past other proffesions could be more profitable but LW has never been a bad one. Add to that the ability to make a few gear pieces and it becomes lovely.

I wouldn't change either of those as the benefits of enchanting and JC enchants/gems can be crafted on alts and sent through mailbox ... one that you can access anywhere as an engeneer. So You can have maths in an alt do enchants / gems and mail them to the hunter ... it's better than keeping maths with your hunter all the time in case something drops ... even better as it saves a ton of space

Deleted
    Enchanting and tailoring... lol, good , reliable money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Enchanting+Engineering. Never gonna give them up, since they never let me down. Except for all those nil-profit scenarios in Eng.

When you have to bind Slow Fall and Levitate to your Parachute Cloak bind on your mage and priest alt respectively, as well as Dash/Sprint to your Nitro Boosts bind on your Druid/Rogue alts, you know Engineering is a part of your soul.
    The muscle memory is strong with these ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    As of current content, skinning and LW... will probably drop skinning for Eng come WoD...
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

10+ Year Old Account
    I have BS/JC since Wrath,think I will probably drop one for LW for the crafted gear,not sure yet,engi looks good aswell, JC seems a bit dull in WoD,esp for moneymaking as there are way less gem slots + no combat bonus from special gems. Its kinda hard to give up so many recipes you gather over the years tho
    Last edited by Miloscub; 2014-09-09 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engi/BS currently, but might drop BS to craft Leather for my monk.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

With nitro boost being changed to have random speed and duration. With a CD of 3 mins and sharing a CD with DPs potions. I don't know if I should even take now over JC/enchanting. other than for the goggles and gun at the start.
    Last edited by Asuras; 2014-09-09 at 01:00 PM.

Goggles=helm , even then I'd still take it, no reason not to
    Retired hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epi Kass View Post
    Mining/Engineering. The other proffs are getting worse and worse compared to engineering, each expansion.
    So true. Engineering is the only profession I like. I have the same setup on my three main toons but I could see dropping mining for tailoring on my priest. Mainly because I miss my flying carpet :/

Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    I have BS/JC since Wrath,think I will probably drop one for LW for the crafted gear,not sure yet,engi looks good aswell, JC seems a bit dull in WoD,esp for moneymaking as there are way less gem slots + no combat bonus from special gems. Its kinda hard to give up so many recipes you gather over the years tho
    Same professions....same problem

So many JC recipes collected but it seems like a useless profession in WoD

I will keep my Engi/Enchant

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    on my warrior (main) ill run with Enchanting / JC,
    Rings and necks seem decent from JC.

also lvling my DK who has Inscription and Herbalism,
    Will spend gold to lvl up blacksmithing and other proffs on my lvl 90s that i wont level at all.