Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    it's called challenge modes

not CHALLENGED modes.

No, CMs are supposed to be hard.

To the ppl going "if you cant do it by now, you cant do it". Thats not true. I can easily do challenge modes, but cant even get bronze(all I care about is silver), cause the groups that can down them only want 9/9gold ppl. And anyone group I find, or start, the 4 people with me cant even down the first boss. So for some of us, we are just plain screwed out of even the mounts cause of bad luck.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Absolutely not. Anyone who doesn't have every set they want by now doesn't deserve any.
    +1 and if you're too bad to get them done by yourself, there's always boosting services for gold or cash, we're not in 2009 anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    No, CMs are supposed to be hard.

To the ppl going "if you cant do it by now, you cant do it". Thats not true. I can easily do challenge modes, but cant even get bronze(all I care about is silver), cause the groups that can down them only want 9/9gold ppl. And anyone group I find, or start, the 4 people with me cant even down the first boss. So for some of us, we are just plain screwed out of even the mounts cause of bad luck.
    bullshit, this is something someone who gets home from work and goes to sleep an hour later would say, if that's the case then buy a boost

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of CMs is that they are scaled and meant to be hard and not ever nerfed.

Wholly disagree with nerfing CMs
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Do you guys think there should be a buff/change/whatever during the last week of Challenge Modes.

I argue there should be, because once the pre-expansion patch kicks in, the CMs (and their rewards) will be removed from being obtainable. This buff could give the few stragglers left a second chance on getting medals they missed the opportunity to.

What do you think?

EDIT: Much like how the Gaze of the Black Prince buff is to allow people to better get a chance at the legendary cloak quickly, this potential buff or change could be the same for Challenge Mode.
    The entire point of challenge modes is for it to be challenging. And have transmog gear specific to it. They aren't going to nerf it. Because it goes against their entire purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greatly increasing the time for silver/bronze would be acceptable.

Gold should remain as-is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Greatly increasing the time for silver/bronze would be acceptable.

Gold should remain as-is.
    I can get behind this, silver/bronze are relatively easy and you get rewarded with mounts for silver, I really don't like blizzard making mounts unobtainable.

I wouldn't mind if everyone who could just simply finish the cmode got the mounts come 6.0, but keep the xmog sets the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    I can get behind this, silver/bronze are relatively easy and you get rewarded with mounts for silver, I really don't like blizzard making mounts unobtainable.

I wouldn't mind if everyone who could just simply finish the cmode got the mounts come 6.0, but keep the xmog sets the same.
    If you can't make silver then you really suck and don't deserve to be rewarded with anything imho.

No no and no.

God! People that ask for nerfs (outside of reason) are just losers! Just go away, either get better at the game or just quit but don't ask to make things easier.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    If you can't make silver then you really suck and don't deserve to be rewarded with anything imho.
    This. As a semi-organised group of guildies where half the group didn't even read up on CM specific tactics, we still had over 90 seconds left of gold in each.
    Hell, even after almost wiping in scholo, we beat it with just over 4 minutes left.
    No gear preparation, and just taking the mains of the people who felt like joining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    The entire point of challenge modes is for it to be challenging. And have transmog gear specific to it. They aren't going to nerf it. Because it goes against their entire purpose.
    Which failed miserably.
    If "challenging" 5man content can be done with 2 afks, something is really really wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I don't think they will but I wouldn't object if they did. They could just make the gold timers 50% longer or something.

12x9/9 here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    This. As a semi-organised group of guildies where half the group didn't even read up on CM specific tactics, we still had over 90 seconds left of gold in each.
    Hell, even after almost wiping in scholo, we beat it with just over 4 minutes left.
    No gear preparation, and just taking the mains of the people who felt like joining.
    By being an organised guild you already would've had very good CM gear (high no. of sockets) and I doubt very much that you did no preparation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    100% agree

Havent played in over a year
    Came back <4 weeks ago
    No one on my FL played anymore
    Now 9/9 gold via leading/coordinating groups found through openraid, with no prior CM exp on my end

The time it takes people to qq and make up excuses would be easily enough to learn about and gear for CM gold. If they don't have the productive drive to do that, they don't deserve it. (And for aaaaaaaall of the hard-working CEOs around here that work 25/7, have 3 kids and 5 beautiful wives and a unicorn to take care of, there's always boosts - I don't like it but that's not the point.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Do you guys think there should be a buff/change/whatever during the last week of Challenge Modes.

I argue there should be, because once the pre-expansion patch kicks in, the CMs (and their rewards) will be removed from being obtainable. This buff could give the few stragglers left a second chance on getting medals they missed the opportunity to.

What do you think?

EDIT: Much like how the Gaze of the Black Prince buff is to allow people to better get a chance at the legendary cloak quickly, this potential buff or change could be the same for Challenge Mode.
    I don't think there should be a buff, I think they should just give the medals and gear to anyone who tries.

Maybe they should also give a pvp buff so we can get the rating to get glorious conquest gear while we're at it?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I will probably miss that boat, but I have never cared for such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    it's called challenge modes

not CHALLENGED modes.
    I believe he meant mentally challenged modes. Because that seems to be the people who cant complete them.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-09-15 at 01:55 PM.