Poll: Are WoW's Graphics Bad?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Do You Think WoW's Graphics Are Bad?

Constantly I hear that this game's graphics look "outdated" "old" "crappy" etc.

I honestly think this game aged considerably well, I mean yeah it isn't triple A imagery here, but I think this game surprises people in its ways of still looking great.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I think gameplay is ten times more important than graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this after playing other MMO's like ESO and SC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. I think Warcraft has a unique art style, which I think they pull off very well and which I find very charming. It just "fits" the game well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the slightest. If you look closely at older areas, sure they can look a little dated, but does that mean bad, no. I guess a lot of it depends on the person looking at the game. I enjoy playing N64, Snes, old 16 bit RPGs, indie games and stuff. I enjoy a lot of games and depending on the game can easily discount the graphics entirely. Hell, I find that games trying to look realistic look more dated after the same length of time than those embracing this sort of style.

/opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is ten years old its not going to have or be capable of the grapical fidelity of most modern games. So of course it is going to be subpar by comparison.

But artistically there is no contest to how much detail they put into WoW, the models and the artwork, texturing, and aesthetic always mix together with rarely ever showing a seam.

You can argue that its graphical capabilities are shit, which I can agree with, but that hardly matters when Aesthetics are what you see on a daily basis, and that is hard to disagree with aside from personal preference.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Of course they are bad, they are outdated as fuck 10 year old graphics. But you know what this is the pcmasterrace and we dont give a fuck about graphics.

From a pure technical stand point. Yes, it's terrible. Really really old and dated but the art style is so well designed it hides a lot of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post
    Of course they are bad, they are outdated as fuck 10 year old graphics. But you know what this is the pcmasterrace and we dont give a fuck about graphics.
    how can you call yourself a member of the master race when you are willing to accept the same graphics as lesser groups!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. Especially in the newer zones. Lots of people confuse aesthetics with graphic quality.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

League of Legends is so graphically stunning.....yet its the most popular PC game atm.

WoW is a beautiful game, I must say though the models really did need to be updated when I look at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems dated graphic = bad these days.

No. I play games since the 90s and I like oldschool stuff. The only thing that worries me a bit is the new anti aliasing system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewan View Post
    No. I play games since the 90s and I like oldschool stuff. The only thing that worries me a bit is the new anti aliasing system.
    Did WoW even have Anti-Aliasing before? i cant even remember.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    From a pure technical stand point. Yes, it's terrible. Really really old and dated but the art style is so well designed it hides a lot of that.
    This. You may not notice but really WoW has very bad graphics comparing to modern games. I was having trouble adjusting to WoW graphics after long hours of Skyrim.

But as said art style does its best to hide most of it.

Deleted
    No. I do not consider the graphical quality of the game bad, but it can be improved significantly without ruining the art form. I must, at first, note that the graphics differ by various zones and locations, where they, at some points, are certainly bad. Elwynn Forest is one, and Stormwind specifically. In contrast, a newer zone like Grizzly Hills has much better graphics, even though the zone itself is old. Compared to other modern games, the quality is not high, but it nonetheless has a unique design, which I appreciate. I dislike the fact that some people consider the graphics "cartoony"; I do not. Not very realistic either, but considering the time at which it was conceptualized, it has a classical-realistic touch to it. I do hope for a major update, however, at some point in the future. While many elements in a game makes one appreciate it, the graphics nevertheless always stand out, and that creates something other than gameplay to be enjoyed; a thing that music does, too.

Graphics dont get better than WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, graphics aren't ever the most important thing when it comes to video games anyways. Art style is the most important visual aspect, you can have amazing graphics with a shit art style and people are going to turn away from it.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2014-09-09 at 05:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Honestly the graphics are fine. Too many people these days care about cosmetic stuff over the important things like exciting gameplay. Look at all the newer MMO's that have better graphics and have failed. SWTOR looks way better than wow yet because boring gameplay and other awful things about it, it failed miserably. They spent a truckload of money doing voice overs and while it was cool for a minute it got real old fast. People don't hang around because how a game looks or sounds.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2014-09-09 at 05:12 AM.