10+ Year Old Account

So...what happened to Final Fantasy XV?

It's been quite a while since we've had any update on Final Fantasy XV. Last year at E3 they showed us that cool trailer with gameplay footage, and we were told that the game was "quite far into development". They said we would be getting an information blowout soon, and as always they didn't deliver. The "quite far into development" gave some fans hope we may actually get a release date soon after E3.

So here we are, a year and some change later without a peep from Squeenix about the game. Yet FF13 is getting some mobile releases (so i've heard anyway).

Anything happen that I don't know of? Or is this business as usual with Squeenix.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

DERP! That's a 15!

Eh heh heh heh... I just got up.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like they might show off FF15 and KH3 at the Tokyo Game Show this year.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fina...gs-2014-lineup

So we've got a week and some change until we hear more.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2014-09-09 at 12:14 PM. Reason: I repeat. I JUST got up...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    DERP! That's a 15!

Eh heh heh heh... I just got up.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like they might show off FF15 and KH3 at the Tokyo Game Show this year.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fina...gs-2014-lineup

So we've got a week and some change until we hear more.
    Gotta love the mornings xD.

But they aren't confirmed to be shown at TGS this year. Pretty much highly speculated like E3 this year, and they were a no show. I hope they do surprise us though.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    Gotta love the mornings xD.

But they aren't confirmed to be shown at TGS this year. Pretty much highly speculated like E3 this year, and they were a no show. I hope they do surprise us though.
    It would be a colossal fuck up on their part if there was no news concerning either of these games.

10+ Year Old Account
    XV will be late 2015 at the earliest, and Kh3 is 2016 or '17.
    No real use showing them off if they're both still a million days away
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Yeah, I'd expect XV to drop any time from Summer 2015 onwards at the moment, it's about right for its production cycle. It'll be interesting to see whether it's anything like its original trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    XV will be late 2015 at the earliest, and Kh3 is 2016 or '17.
    No real use showing them off if they're both still a million days away
    Someone should have told that to Squeenix back in 2006!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think FFXV is going to do well, it's been delayed an eternity. Usually games that have been in development for more than 5 years tend to be disastrous. I'm not saying it will be Duke Nukem bad, but all the changes that game must have gone through over the years doesn't sound like a good thing either. Unless they started over completely just recently, while maintaining the story. I have a bad feeling this game will play like FFXIII but with slightly better graphics. In other words it's going to feel really dated when/if it finally releases.

SquareEnix is going to have to throw a lot more at me than another 'cloud clone' to get me back into their franchise. After the train wreck that was FFXIII I have lost faith in the franchise. The only FF game right now that does sound interesting is Type-0, I will probably buy it since it seems like a mixture of FF: Tactics and a traditional FF game but with KH combat.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2014-09-09 at 04:31 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I lost hope for 15 when the dude said he wanted to turn it into a musical at one point in development.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I lost hope for 15 when the dude said he wanted to turn it into a musical at one point in development.
    Yeah.......those guys have really lost sight of what they use to be. Ever since the original creator of Final Fantasy left, I have lost faith in the team. Last good FF game I played was 12.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Will come in 2016 or 2017.

Man. Summer 2015 sounds so far away. It's only months away. Anyone have the break pedal for this crazy train?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.