Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Gara - the amazing looking spirit beast from the WoD beta has been tamed.

Sorry if this is old news. I browsed the first couple of pages of the Hunter forums and saw nothing about it. Apparently there is amazing looking purple wolf spirit beast in beta that no one has been able to figure out how to tame until yesterday. It's fairly complex and long. It could also be classified as a class quest, except that it's not.

Here's a link to all the steps involved to taming this majestic beast
    http://eyesofthebeast.com/2014/09/ga...-taming-quest/

Deleted
    Great job to them! I'm definitely going to get it for my Hunter Alt :P

Deleted
    Sounds exciting. I'm gonna try and figure it out on my own on live servers.

I'm pissed, this clearly a class quest. I thought Blizzard was done with Class quests?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Deleted
    If multiple hunters are completing the event at the same time, a tameable Gara spawns for each of them. It seems all you have to do is tag Xan. sucks that everyone who tags stuff have to get stuff nowdays, no rare pets anymore, other than that it looks cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I'm pissed, this clearly a class quest. I thought Blizzard was done with Class quests?
    No exp, gold or other items reward, just a chance to tame a Spirit Beast that only one of the specs can use. It's not a class quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    No exp, gold or other items reward, just a chance to tame a Spirit Beast that only one of the specs can use. It's not a class quest.
    Then what is it?

Resources went into something, ONLY, Beast Master can use. If it walks like a class quest....
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

What made you think that? They did the warlock green fire quest just recently, and have repeatedly stated they would like to include class-specific stuff like this where they felt they could manage it. Aside from that, beast taming challenges/hunting were a fairly significant thing in Cataclysm (between the various spirit beasts and molten front/hyjal creatures with unique taming requirements). There was also some of it in MOP (with the footprint tracking beasts you have to reveal with flare to tame). This new one is just a bit more involved.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

10+ Year Old Account
    Then what is it?

Resources went into something, ONLY, Beast Master can use. If it walks like a class quest....
    I guess they assume the other 2 spec will get rid of their pets.

Deleted
    Remind me again what the issue is with class quests?

Deleted
    Oh look a WoD regular wolf model with purple-white fur. ResidentSleeper.

Then what is it?

It's in lieu of a taming challenges which have been present since Cataclysm. Most of those pets were Spirit Beasts as well, aside from the Molten Front spiders.

EDIT: Unless you count the 5.0 hunter "tracking" pets "taming challenges" which I don't seeing as how the hard part was finding them, not taming them.
    Last edited by Asiel; 2014-09-09 at 04:46 PM.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Remind me again what the issue is with class quests?
    Too many raid tiers lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    It's in lieu of a taming challenges which have been present since Cataclysm. Most of those pets were Spirit Beasts as well, aside from the Molten Front spiders.

EDIT: Unless you count the 5.0 hunter "tracking" pets "taming challenges" which I don't seeing as how the hard part was finding them, not taming them.
    Taming challenges are fine. What is not fine, is Class specific quests. While this doesn't have an icon, this is clearly a class quest.

It goes against the logic of creating content for everyone. That is why Fangs is the last class specific Legendary we will have. It takes resources to code the items, to code the triggers, to code the drops rates, ect.

Not only that, it's limited to Beastmaster Hunters only, leaving out the other 2 specs. It's clear and cut bullshit. I like my MM Hunter for PvP, and I like cool pets as well. This really rubs me the wrong way.

I'm not for Warlock Fel Fire either, and voice my opinion about it then too. But at least any Warlock can get it.

Voicing your opinion is one thing, but don't act as if blizzard has gone against their word and betrayed your trust. They said they will include class-specific content when they feel they are able (just because only a BM hunter can use a spirit beast doesn't mean many more people that don't play BM as a main spec won't use their secondary spec to enjoy this content), and have continually done so in minor and major ways throughout the last few expansions. They have made it clear they won't do it OFTEN because of the resources associated with creating content for a more limited number of players, so the fact that they are doing it again means it was either not resource intensive or they felt is was the best use of their resources in terms of improving the overall experience with the expansion, even if it only affected 1 class, probably because they felt they couldn't do something cool that would affect every class.

As for pets for other specs, they have added new non-exotic ones too, and I believe they also made the previously exotic-only raid buffs available to non-BM hunters. BM has an extra focus on pets, so they get a little extra content there for them. I don't think it's that unreasonable.

By the way, they also have said there are some plans for legendary items beyond the universally acquirable ring in WOD (Gorefiend's staff and Gorehowl were mentioned as possibilities), though they haven't given details on what obtaining them will entail. They probably won't be class-specific, but they'll have to be limited in some way. And if they decide to give a different legendary for every class/spec, even if they aren't designing quests and things for everyone they'll still have to design and balance all those unique legendaries, which is still a significant cost.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2014-09-09 at 07:33 PM.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    Voicing your opinion is one thing, but don't act as if blizzard has gone against their word and betrayed your trust. They said they will include class-specific content when they feel they are able (just because only a BM hunter can use a spirit beast doesn't mean many more people that don't play BM as a main spec won't use their secondary spec to enjoy this content), and have continually done so in minor and major ways throughout the last few expansions. They have made it clear they won't do it OFTEN because of the resources associated with creating content for a more limited number of players, so the fact that they are doing it again means it was either not resource intensive or they felt is was the best use of their resources in terms of improving the overall experience with the expansion, even if it only affected 1 class, probably because they felt they couldn't do something cool that would affect every class.

As for pets for other specs, they have added new non-exotic ones too, and I believe they also made the previously exotic-only raid buffs available to non-BM hunters. BM has an extra focus on pets, so they get a little extra content there for them. I don't think it's that unreasonable.

By the way, they also have said there are some plans for legendary items beyond the universally acquirable ring in WOD (Gorefiend's staff and Gorehowl were mentioned as possibilities), though they haven't given details on what obtaining them will entail. They probably won't be class-specific, but they'll have to be limited in some way. And if they decide to give a different legendary for every class/spec, even if they aren't designing quests and things for everyone they'll still have to design and balance all those unique legendaries, which is still a significant cost.
    First, class specific is fine. Even though, I don't like it, unless they give a little something to everyone. Which they don't, in this specific instance, and aren't.

The reason BM doesn't give raid buffs like the other specs has nothing to do with flavor enhancement. This purely in favor of BM Hunters and it doesn't make sense.

Having multiple legendary items is different than having class specific, aka only Rogue, legendaries. Secondly, they are going to be Mythic only.(More than likely.) You moved the goal posts so far away, I had move to a different state to kick it through the uprights.

Sorry, my point is, having a SPEC ONLY option is no different than the old class quests. Make it for all Hunters or GTFO with that logic.

Looks cool, but every Hunter will have it, so it's not that unique.... I prefer to run with my Wolf from Western Plaguelands(has infection wounds, etc.), have yet to see another one with it and I've had it since I was 50s(back in Wrath when WPL was 50-55 zone!) and since I was a noob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Looks cool, but every Hunter will have it, so it's not that unique.... I prefer to run with my Wolf from Western Plaguelands(has infection wounds, etc.), have yet to see another one with it and I've had it since I was 50s(back in Wrath when WPL was 50-55 zone!) and since I was a noob.
    Pretty sure its still in the game,the wolf I mean,yeah http://wow-petopia.com/look/wolfskindiseased.html that one? I prefer these http://wow-petopia.com/look/worgwhite.html! . Anyway,OT, I got to part 2 on the beta and went on with leveling for now,will try it when I reach 100,hopefully they don't wipe the characters again >.<,a lot of effort went into this questline/event it seems, maybe they will add more stuff for the other 2 specs + other classes,will have to see, don't see it taking loads of work to do.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just want a quest that lets me turn Loque into a mount so I can ride him around. Would be the coolest ground mount ever.

It looks ok, but it's gonna be fotm spirit beast at the start of the xpac. I prefer my barking wolf (and my loque).