Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    a great addition to my finely selected stable.

will get her as soon as i am 100.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

awesome. looks like i am going to have to level my orc hunter along with my troll hunter.
    also probably the rest of my hunters too.

also pretty cool "quest chain". hopefully there is more like it
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Yes! Questing like it's 1999!

Deleted
    Class quests are - in my opinion - always a nice addition to the game, and this one seems to be no exception. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Class quests are - in my opinion - always a nice addition to the game, and this one seems to be no exception. Well done.
    I agree it's pretty well done, but it's not a class quest, more of a spec quest.

Also, this is just my personal taste, but the "Gara - the amazing looking spirit beast" is far from amazing looking imo, it actually looks really over saturated, as if it's meant to have a transparency or something after the fact. And not that I particularly want another transparent spirit beast by any means, but when you look at it, it's contrast is pretty jarring and awkward.

Especially when you compare the pair.

This is Gondria (which looks pretty awesome in game), prior to it's transparency being applied. It's heavy, dark and over saturated, but that's whats needed/required for it to look good once the transparency is applied.

This new wolf looks just as heavy and over saturated, if not more so, than a skin that was designed to be that way in order to look good while transparent. Also the other gripe is the lack of effects on it. If you looks at a void wolves that are in SMV, they have swirling skin shimmer effect, and also an active purple swirling smoke that emanates from them and actually looks pretty dam cool, but this spirit beast only ends up with a bit of a swirling skin shimmer effect, which is pretty disappointing.

Again this is just my opinion, but colour me not that impressed with what could have easily been so much cooler looking. Love the quest, the ideas and work involved, just not so much the reward.
    Last edited by Tannon; 2014-09-16 at 06:41 AM.

Deleted
    I prob won't use the pet too much, but I'll get it.

Looks fun

I am looking forward to this...I always hoped they would add more stuff like this for hunters. <3

I really wish pets had more personalizing to them. Let the hunter pick which buff that pet brings. I want my raptor to bring crit.. not my wolf.

Pretty miffed about this being BM only...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    First, class specific is fine. Even though, I don't like it, unless they give a little something to everyone. Which they don't, in this specific instance, and aren't.

The reason BM doesn't give raid buffs like the other specs has nothing to do with flavor enhancement. This purely in favor of BM Hunters and it doesn't make sense.

Having multiple legendary items is different than having class specific, aka only Rogue, legendaries. Secondly, they are going to be Mythic only.(More than likely.) You moved the goal posts so far away, I had move to a different state to kick it through the uprights.

Sorry, my point is, having a SPEC ONLY option is no different than the old class quests. Make it for all Hunters or GTFO with that logic.
    Except every hunter can tame the pet, even if they have to use a spec they don't prefer to do it. Declaring 'I like this cool pet, but I REFUSE to use BM spec to tame it' is your problem, not Blizzard's. So stop whining, FFS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    I really wish pets had more personalizing to them. Let the hunter pick which buff that pet brings. I want my raptor to bring crit.. not my wolf.

Pretty miffed about this being BM only...
    Its called Beast Mastery for a reason. A mastery of beasts, a connection with them, that the other 2 kinds of hunters don't seek to achieve or simply don't care about. It makes absolute sense, both from a gameplay and a 'lore' point of view, that BM would have access to more rare, difficult creatures.

The moment Blizzard lets all hunters tame exotics, the floodgate will open with people whining "OMG HOMOGENIZING THE SPECS WTF BLIZZ FAIL". They can't win no matter what they do.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Its called Beast Mastery for a reason. A mastery of beasts, a connection with them, that the other 2 kinds of hunters don't seek to achieve or simply don't care about. It makes absolute sense, both from a gameplay and a 'lore' point of view, that BM would have access to more rare, difficult creatures.

The moment Blizzard lets all hunters tame exotics, the floodgate will open with people whining "OMG HOMOGENIZING THE SPECS WTF BLIZZ FAIL". They can't win no matter what they do.
    Exotics should've never been a thing. All beasts should be tamable by all hunters, but only BM should gain access to the "extra" abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Exotics should've never been a thing. All beasts should be tamable by all hunters, but only BM should gain access to the "extra" abilities.
    your just upset you cant get the cool pets.
    just get over it. like others have said beastmaster is the master of beasts. so it can tame beasts that MM and Surv cant.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    your just upset you cant get the cool pets.
    just get over it. like others have said beastmaster is the master of beasts. so it can tame beasts that MM and Surv cant.
    If I were upset, I wouldn't be subbed.

Creating content exclusively for a single spec of a single class is wasted dev time, even if it *is* mostly reused assets.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted

Gara in da house

There we go one of the first on my realm to get it aswell

done at lvl 94 without much of a hassel

Nice working on it atm! =)

Grabbed mine about six hours after EU launch, since questing was completely impossible due to servers not knowing which way was up.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it at 90 this morning while the garrison survey was bugged.
    Took about.. an hour-ish, but well worth it. Was "easy" to solo the 100 mobs in full mythic with a spirit beast heal at 90.

Link your image, scale it, or crop it. There's a special circle of hell reserved for people that embed 1920x1080 images.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Do you have to do anything before farming the parts for the Spirit Effigy? I've killed literally a hundred of the guys who drop the parts of it and haven't got anything. :/

Gratz. I got mine while waiting in the 30min DPS queues for normal 100 dungeons. Yes you have to be BM talk to him then kill his former master mother ohm(something) and show him the berries before you can start the effigy building.