Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    Internet denizens, people who would be aware of the slowdown, tend not to vote. I'm not sure why other than maybe they'd rather do something on the computer than get up off their butts and vote.
    It probably has to do with the fact that 'internet denizens' tend to be spread out all over the place because of how the internet works, and because of the asinine voting system we use it discourages minority (as in Minority political beliefs) parties from voting for representatives.

Let alone the gerrymandering and other sorts of bullshit that contaminate the entire system.

I've voted in every election since I was 18, not one of the people I have voted for in a general election has made it into office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What a stupid protest, make some signs and go chanting instead of ruining my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What a stupid protest, make some signs and go chanting instead of ruining my day.
    The point of ruining your day is to make you aware of how bad it can get if you sit on your ass and do nothing. So they rile you up by pissing you off and try to get you to do something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    The point of ruining your day is to make you aware of how bad it can get if you sit on your ass and do nothing. So they rile you up by pissing you off and try to get you to do something about it.
    This. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Ruining your day might accomplish more than signs and chanting (it still probably won't do anything tbh but there's a small chance).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    An I still don't understand what it's about, just some jerk offs making me angry all day.

What exactly is someone supposed to do that will actually have any affect on anything?

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually did write a letter to my representative (Mark Sanford) and pretty much got ignored. "We are glad that you took the time to write to us, and we understand your difficulties. Blah blah blah. Please donate to our re-election campaign ."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Deleted
    First i've heard about it but honestly i don't visit many websites so my interest is -50

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    What exactly is someone supposed to do that will actually have any affect on anything?
    Grab a pitchfork and shove it up the ass of the boss of your local Comcast office, if you are close you might get to shove it up corporate ass.

I'm surprised people are so against it, it's a pretty important issue and it's a minor inconvenience to get the point across. Even this thread kind of shows a lot of people don't even know what's going on, so if websites like Google or whoever do this and put up information about it then it'll help get the word out.

Probably the most effective thing anyone could do to be honest, not much else is going to accomplish anything.

Deleted
    SUCH AS? Making signs and chanting?

Then again I've no idea what this is all about. Some US thing? What is this net neutrality you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I'm surprised people are so against it, it's a pretty important issue and it's a minor inconvenience to get the point across. Even this thread kind of shows a lot of people don't even know what's going on, so if websites like Google or whoever do this and put up information about it then it'll help get the word out.

Probably the most effective thing anyone could do to be honest, not much else is going to accomplish anything.
    If I wanted to do something ineffectual I could go outside and scream at the clouds until it starts snowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    I actually did write a letter to my representative (Mark Sanford) and pretty much got ignored. "We are glad that you took the time to write to us, and we understand your difficulties. Blah blah blah. Please donate to our re-election campaign ."
    I think writing matters. Maybe not your one letter but imagine if he gets 50 or 10,000 letters expressing the same view.

I don't think email or phone calls amount for much but hand written letters are effective.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    SUCH AS? Making signs and chanting?

Then again I've no idea what this is all about. Some US thing? What is this net neutrality you speak of?
    It's a US thing... I envy you sweedes with you highspeed internet paradise at reasonable costs and hot women to boot.

Deleted
    Yep, we shouldn't let the Man keep us down, fight the establishment!

Unless every website that participates also fills their website with a big banner saying "This is what happens if we don't support net neutrality" then the entire protest will be pointless. As demonstrated a lot of people don't even know about the protest (me included until I read this). So if any website is planning to participate they also need to have that banner right on the front of the website or it will be pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt internet slowdown thing only to give some icon on a site?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Isnt internet slowdown thing only to give some icon on a site?
    from what I read it was a Loading Icon.

The weird thing is, like.. last month, my ISP just doubled my connection speed out of the kindness of their hearts and didnt even ask me to buy anything or do anything oO; kinda the opposite of whats going on.

I know not every ISP is going to be like this, but straight up doubling it for free with no cost increase was like.. what? I had to call them to find out too because I noticed my speed doubled one day, was like "uh im not paying for this" called them they said it was free and didnt have to pay extra ever or get new services <_<.

TBH though, im waiting for google to spread across the country so I can give them my soul for their internet, its only a matter of time, and thats with all the companies trying to shut them down for their fiber network :P