Poll: Worst continent ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i personally hate pandaria's atmosphere the most.
    Me too.. Outland is a bit.. out there too but it still has a good atmosphere. It's not even nostalgia because I enjoyed some of the zones a lot.

Everything after Cata is shut out from the rest of the world.

For example you use portals to get to Pandaria, there isn't a ship or a zepelin constantly going to and from Pandaria. Draenor seems to follow the exact same concept, you use the portal once! Only once and it's over. They removed the Outland portal just for that.

Yeah I know this isn't exactly deciding the entire atmosphere of the continents but I do dislike them for that.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lvl 80+ zones of cataclysm or the cataclysm revamp as a whole. I just don't get a sense of urgency that deathwing is about to destroy the world. In fact the whole story line seemed to address the impending final moments of the world in a rather nonchalant and casual pace as if we had all the time in the world to prevent the end of the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    How anyone can think any zone in Pandaria is better than Outland is crazy!
    No, it's actually called "having different tastes". I really hate most Outland zones and think they are terrible.
    Didn't like them back then and still avoid going there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outland by far. Although I feel quite nostalgic about the zones and quests, questing through HFP, Terokkar, SMV and Netherstorm feels like an obstacle I can't overcome. The only bearable zones in OL are Nagrand, Zangarmarsh and to some extent BEM.

Northrend is the second worst; Borean Tundra is fucking horrible, I've never been able to quest through it. Dragonblight was nice at first, but the scenery gets old very fast and doesn't have any replay value. The rest of the zones are OK (except for Sholazar and Howling Fjord: they're still great).

Pandaria has the best zones overall. They all have a nice feeling to them, even Jade Forest after the 12th playthrough.

EK/Kalimdor have the most variation thanks to the vast amount of zones, so they're not that bad overall. Especially because the zones have been updated not too long ago.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

All the people who voted Outland probably only ever experienced it while leveling post-Wrath. Either that, or leveling 50 alts has spoiled the experience for them.

When TBC was current content, Outland was phenomenal. The whole ambient/outer space vibe was completely different to that of Azeroth, which made it a really unique place to be.

I voted for Pandaria because I am not a fan of the whole Eastern/oriental theme, and especially not a fan of having an entire expansion based on it.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2014-09-09 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth/Kalimdor?

Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are separate continents and Kalimdor is probably the more drab of the two

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with Outland because the only piece of land I like there is Nagrand. And TBC was my favorite expansion by far.

Northrend is pretty nasty but at least it has Storm Peaks and Grizzly Hills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    All the people who voted Outland probably only ever experienced it while leveling post-Wrath. Either that, or leveling 50 alts has spoiled the experience for them.

When TBC was current content, Outland was phenomenal. The whole ambient/outer space vibe was completely different to that of Azeroth, which made it a really unique place to be.

I voted for Pandaria because I am not a fan of the whole Eastern/oriental theme, and especially not a fan of having an entire expansion based on it.
    Actually, i played since Vanilla, and yes, Outland was phenomenal when it originally came out. That doesnt mean that the environments didn't come across as complete contrasts to one another whenever you entered another zone, color palettes were all over the place in BC, which kind of leads to the disjointed view of the world compared to Azeroth (but that is the point of a shattered world, so that has some merit).

Even then, Outland's leveling process is a pain in the ass each and every time, even when BC was current it felt like a mess when you left Hellfire, since you would outlevel half of Zangarmarsh by the time you started the Cenarion Expedition quests and went over to Telredor.

At least from Wrath onwards there was some cohesion about zone changes, can't tell you how off it is from going from Zangarmarsh to the Blades Edge Mountains, and even with a full 310% mount on a paladin, that zone still felt too big dimensionally to travel, I don't know how the hell some players managed to quest there on the ground.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    This is such a lame argument, but get's brought up whenever someone says something bad about TBC. *shrug*
    You know, I could say the exact same thing about people who don't like the Pandaria zones, right?

Different people like different things. And that's perfectly fine - there's no objectively right answer to OPs question. I just didn't like the scenery/atmosphere there, period.

Outland is miserable. Nagrand provides the only brief reprieve, and that's not enough to save the continent. Netherstorm just hurts my eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outland is the worst? REALLY? I just have no words for this.

In order of that which I find to be the worst to the best.

Northrend - its all basically the same zone sans the one lush jungle.
    Pandaria - Basically the same zone in different colors besides the Summit and Dread Wastes. Same theme throughout.
    Outland - I thought there was a good divergence in each zone and the theme was nice as each zone had its own feel.
    Kalimdor/EK - I like em both, but they are hard to compare to the expansion zones based soley on their giant size. Preference to Kalimdor over EK because I'm a horde guy and most my characters are Kalimdor affiliated so its a bit easier to navigate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Geography lesson: no it's not.

http://wowpedia.org/Azeroth_(continent)
    Yeah, thats a region on the world of Azeroth. And is considered in the modern idea a subcontinent. Check the bottom of your link.

"The term "world" generally refers to Azeroth itself, other worlds are generally referred to by their names in context to Azeroth."
    http://wowpedia.org/Planet
    and
    "Azeroth is the name of the world in which the majority of the Warcraft series is set. The world of Azeroth is the birthplace of many races, most notable being elves (night elves, high elves, and blood elves), humans, dwarves, tauren, goblins, trolls, gnomes, and dragons."

http://wowpedia.org/Azeroth_(world)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Everything after Cata is shut out from the rest of the world.

For example you use portals to get to Pandaria, there isn't a ship or a zepelin constantly going to and from Pandaria. Draenor seems to follow the exact same concept, you use the portal once! Only once and it's over. They removed the Outland portal just for that.

Yeah I know this isn't exactly deciding the entire atmosphere of the continents but I do dislike them for that.
    I would like to see them add a boat to Pandaria or something along those lines later. Would be tough to find a docking point so maybe an Airship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outland felt devoid of feeling and moving between each zone often felt like moving into a new continent since they were all so physically different from each other. Adding to the emptiness were the very blandly written quests and uninspired interior dungeon designs that made me wanna fall asleep.
    Outland truly is just some torn up fragments. And it sucks.

Outland. It was like stepping into a parking lot of a closed store where the roads had been without maintenance for so long they're flattened out, turned grey and cracked.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Well I voted outland (before I read any comments or checked the poll) but was still suprised so many agreed... I was expecting Pandaria to be leading just because "lol Pandas". I loved BC for the raids, dungeons and theme but the actual world zones were pretty lacking in atmosphere with the exception of Shadowmoon. WOTLK wins hands down for continent with best atmosphere.
    Heh, I went through exactly the same thought process as you, I voted TBC and expected Pandaria to win. I don't like pandas and don't like the MoP story but the actual continent is pretty impressive. Agree with the Wrath love too

- - - Updated - - -

I played since vanilla and even though I had a great time during BC, I was never crazy about the continent. Though the first time I went through the dark portal and looked at the sky was a pretty amazing moment, true.

Deleted
    Outland is worst ever. I always skip questing by doing dungeons until I can quest in Nagrand which is the only good place there. On most, quests are crap, the areas are like rectangles with bounds made of Mountains. Plus it is always night. Especially in Helfire, the lighting is like it's bugged. Everything are lit like they are made of phosphorus and glow in the darkness by themselves.

Even after all this time Pandaria still doesn't feel like warcraft to me.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

oh man voted wrong.... meant to say outland clicked woltk

Forgive me

I really don't like the Chinese Restaurant we're in now, but nothing can be worse than Outland.