Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Apparently the plus bends in your pocket.
    That's by design. People have been asking for curved screens for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    That's by design. People have been asking for curved screens for a while now.
    It's not by design it isn't meant to bend.

"Skinny jeans and the iPhone 6 Plus may be a bad combination. According to reports from some users, Apple’s latest offering allegedly bends when carried in pants pockets."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...phone-6-bends/

Deleted
    That's by design.
    No it isn't lol. They've been reported to be bending from being in pockets while the person is sat down. It's also possible to bend it fairly easily by hand. Mainly seems to be a weak point around the buttons from what I read.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

"Skinny jeans and the iPhone 6 Plus may be a bad combination. According to reports from some users, Apple’s latest offering allegedly bends when carried in pants pockets."

Lol @ you taking what I said seriously.

Lol @ you taking what I said seriously.
    Lol @ you thinking I took it seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "PC Master Race" connotations aside, the capability of PC Gaming is objectively superior than what is possible on relevant console gaming hardware. Frames per seconds, texture resolution, depth of field, etc are hard objective facts.

Which mobile OS one prefers is not. So the comparison is a bit faulty as the "PC Master Race" (while kinda offensive/annoying) does support factual superiority of platform capacity. Whereas mobile OS fanaticism is largely based on user preference and need.
    Pc master race stuff seems to be done mostly jokingly but the phone wars remind me more of the console wars. Like they're both so similar just pic your preference....most people only use them to text, pics and interwebs. This thread just mentioned the iPhone and it immediately gets filed with people crying how their android is so much better sheesh. ermargherd welcome to 2012!

Note 3 survives bend test. Go Android.

Moral of the story is people shouldn't wear skinny jeans.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

MKBH did a video on the whole #Bendgate thing w/r/t iPhone 6.

There are a couple of other articles around the web basically explaining why this is a non-issue one should not give a flip about.

That kind of bend is not a non-issue. It is fan-wankery to make excuses for it.

It's nice to see Apple going to town on competitors in benchmarks, but in real world conditions, 1 gig of RAM is going to be a problem. Unless Apple significantly cut memory usage of 1st party programs there will be effectively less RAM for users due to larger frame buffers, especially on the 6+. This problem mostly relates to tab reloads but it's not hard to imagine more crashes coming as a result of it. You can only optimize to a point, eventually hardware matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SogPig View Post
    Moral of the story is people shouldn't wear skinny jeans.
    Or, like mentioned in Fancers' linked video, just be careful about it.

I've heard something similar yesterday as well, and since I'm usually wearing pretty tight skinny jeans (like...so that it barely even fits in) also thought about it during the past few days. Yes, it does not have much room to move around in the pockets, and the big, flat surface makes it more vulnerable to bending in theory, but I didn't think of it as that much of an issue.
    Also, my "old" Galaxy isn't much different in terms of quality structure, and it never did bend or the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the plus bends in your pocket.
    People were saying the same thing about the iPhone 5 when it came out, but mine has never bent.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!