Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it such an issue that they are announcing the date later? They specifically said it won't impact the actual release and that they are adding something good for subscribers, which implies it will be free for everyone. Sounds pretty good to me.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Why is it such an issue that they are announcing the date later? They specifically said it won't impact the actual release and that they are adding something good for subscribers, which implies it will be free for everyone. Sounds pretty good to me.
    I think we can all agree that we don't really care about the date, we'd just like details on what's in store for it. Any planets, any potential new systems, etc. All of which has little to nothing to do with what "good thing" they're adding for subscribers unless they're planning on withholding content that's specifically for subscribers. In that case, it seems like a bad move for a group that has done a pretty good job of turning it around.

Personally, I was looking forward to some information. While I don't think it's a big deal, there are others who look at it and go "Oh that Bioware, back up to their old tricks". It's not like they would have to do a full reveal here. They certainly didn't when they first announced they were working on Makeb.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I think we can all agree that we don't really care about the date, we'd just like details on what's in store for it. Any planets, any potential new systems, etc. All of which has little to nothing to do with what "good thing" they're adding for subscribers unless they're planning on withholding content that's specifically for subscribers. In that case, it seems like a bad move for a group that has done a pretty good job of turning it around.

Personally, I was looking forward to some information. While I don't think it's a big deal, there are others who look at it and go "Oh that Bioware, back up to their old tricks". It's not like they would have to do a full reveal here. They certainly didn't when they first announced they were working on Makeb.
    Good luck with that. :/

Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.

Bruce Maclean | Senior Producer & Lead Screw-up
    Amusing kick-in-the-balls to everyone on the official forums, those threads are blazing hot now.

BioWare doesn't do theatrical, elaborate reveals of anything, so for a simple announcement to be delayed, means this thing is barely holding together behind the scenes. Probably going to be as light on launch as Warlords comparitively.
    Last edited by Gelda82; 2014-09-29 at 08:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps there were some things they learned from giving that little bit of information for Makeb that are wise not to repeat? Idk. I can see why they'd wait for their little fun videos and a perk to appease subscribers before talking about it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    BioWare doesn't do theatrical, elaborate reveals of anything, so for a simple announcement to be delayed, means this thing is barely holding together behind the scenes. Probably going to be as light on launch as Warlords comparitively.
    I think that's an extreme overstatement. As for the amount of content, who knows. If it's free, then it doesn't matter. RotHC wasn't free and the only actual content you got was the new planet, the seeker droid, macrobinoculars, and one Operation. I don't choose to count the HM FPs because all of the assets already existed. It's not like they were full revamps like Deadmines or Shadowfang Keep. However, I highly doubt that it's barely being held together.

I think there's far too little information to suggest that the expansion is falling apart or anything. I mean, announcements get delayed all the time.

However, I think given BioWares history of overhyping/dramatizing their announcements that they need to be very careful in how they message this out. I'm already getting vibes that they're going to overhype this and get folks super excited only to be let down either at the reveal, or once it launches.

Someone on the forums thinks that they may have delayed the announcement because they haven't hammered out the "pre-order" rewards given to subscribers for the expansion. If that's the case, and the expansion can't be bought with CC, I'll be disappointed. It won't be a deal breaker for me, but it'll look like another money grab.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    However, I think given BioWares history of overhyping/dramatizing their announcements that they need to be very careful in how they message this out. I'm already getting vibes that they're going to overhype this and get folks super excited only to be let down either at the reveal, or once it launches.
    Honestly, they haven't really said dick outside of "increased level cap". As long as they stick to the facts, there won't be a problem. But I fail to see how any company doesn't hype their product. Just look at Wildstar, that was hyped and people found it disappointing. ESO, the same. You're asking developers not to hype the things they are working on, but that's what they're supposed to do. It's a part of advertising. They really can't control the people who consciously over-react to these things and wind up sorely disappointed. You can only manage expectations so much. Otherwise you're sending signals that the product is shit.

Neither GSF or GSH were overhyped or dramatized. Yet you keep saying they overhype things. This isn't 2011-12 anymore.

Someone on the forums thinks that they may have delayed the announcement because they haven't hammered out the "pre-order" rewards given to subscribers for the expansion. If that's the case, and the expansion can't be bought with CC, I'll be disappointed. It won't be a deal breaker for me, but it'll look like another money grab.
    I don't think I'd have a problem with another $10 expansion though. Makeb was worth $10 at the time it was released for the level boost, new gear, new raids, new area, older FP's made heroic and class changes.

Even as a non-subscribe, $20 is not bad for all that and the story, while not individually class based, was not too bad either.

I would be OK with a small price for it again. I could see why it might not be sold for CC because of the gamers that get a free amount every month. Sure your a subscriber but the game has been getting some decent free updates. For me it wouldn't be to bad if the cost was similar to Hutt expansion.

Free stuff all around.
    Free 7 days subscription
    character transfer
    unlocks

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I don't think I'd have a problem with another $10 expansion though. Makeb was worth $10 at the time it was released for the level boost, new gear, new raids, new area, older FP's made heroic and class changes.
    You would be, but it would divide up the population (again), which would not be good for the longterm health of the game. The game is at its best when everyone can play together, giving folks more grouping opportunities and a more populated world.

You would be, but it would divide up the population (again), which would not be good for the longterm health of the game. The game is at its best when everyone can play together, giving folks more grouping opportunities and a more populated world.
    I do think you're right about about the possibility of a population divide but I'm not sold on it entirely. If the content is there, it would be worth $10 easily. Hell, they could split the difference and make it $15 for everyone to hinder that "divide" but give subscribers some nice perks to compensate for the same price fee and monthly sub their already paying.

Gamers do love in game perks but only if there good enough. Another pet or simplistic mount isn't going to do it these days.

*snip*

Please post productively and do not spam referral links in each of your posts. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-09-30 at 08:41 PM.

Gamers do love in game perks but only if there good enough. Another pet or simplistic mount isn't going to do it these days.
    Which is not what BioWare is rewarding.

Look at the subscriber rewards for Starfighter and Strongholds. You had early access, you had exclusive fighters/houses, you had titles, you had a ton of bonuses and perks for being a subscriber at the launch of the expansion.

Which is not what BioWare is rewarding.

Look at the subscriber rewards for Starfighter and Strongholds. You had early access, you had exclusive fighters/houses, you had titles, you had a ton of bonuses and perks for being a subscriber at the launch of the expansion.
    Yeah, they've definitely handed out great perks for being a subscriber during their large "expansion" updates. Maybe they give people who are subscribed by a certain date this expansion for free? Since there's no information so far it's really difficult to speculate anything beyond that.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be OK with a small price for it again. I could see why it might not be sold for CC because of the gamers that get a free amount every month. Sure your a subscriber but the game has been getting some decent free updates. For me it wouldn't be to bad if the cost was similar to Hutt expansion.
    LotRO does it and they give out Turbine points every month to subscribers. If you have enough CC to spare that you can use them to buy the expansion, it would mean either you spent a shitload of money already or you've been a subscriber for a while and have felt there is nothing worthwhile to spend your Coins on in the CM. Personally, out of the 4k+ that I've earned from subbing a month here and there and having a security key since launch, I've spent about 500 CC. That's my choice, granted, but I would gladly forgo buying anything on the CM if I could turn some of those coins in for the expansion.

SNIP....

LotRO does it and they give out Turbine points every month to subscribers. If you have enough CC to spare that you can use them to buy the expansion, it would mean either you spent a shitload of money already or you've been a subscriber for a while and have felt there is nothing worthwhile to spend your Coins on in the CM. Personally, out of the 4k+ that I've earned from subbing a month here and there and having a security key since launch, I've spent about 500 CC. That's my choice, granted, but I would gladly forgo buying anything on the CM if I could turn some of those coins in for the expansion.
    Don't get me wrong, I would be OK with that as well. I have about the same coins as you given our similar circumstance but if it's a similar size to the Hutts expansions, a similar price is not to bad for what it had.

But if I could spend some of the free coins and get it I'd be Ok with that.

Don't get me wrong, I would be OK with that as well. I have about the same coins as you given our similar circumstance but if it's a similar size to the Hutts expansions, a similar price is not to bad for what it had.

But if I could spend some of the free coins and get it I'd be Ok with that.
    Like I said, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, it would just feel like a money grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    How can you trust anything they say?

They didnt mention the delay on friday because they thought they could still get it out this month(2 days). Then when they couldnt the time has jumped to a couple of weeks?.

When has adding a sub bonus become a legit reason to delay info also? Are they trying to tell us that that will be the main feture of the expansion?

Now they say they are still sticking to releasing the expansion this year and you believe them? I guess in the last week of december they will finally anounce it is delayed.

Just keep on defending all the things they do and you will just get more of it.

Well it was considered to be a paid expansion according to the error strings data-mined out of the latest patch, but as with anything, it's still obviously subject to change(and likely, since they delayed any announcement in Sept on the subject).

I don't think it's much of a separator on the playerbase any more than other paid expansions like Warlords of Draenor or LOTRO's. Just my opinion, but the F2P base will buy in and become preferred if they like that content, twink pvp with alts, or just stop playing until it goes on sale cheap or gets implemented for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelda82 View Post
    Well it was considered to be a paid expansion according to the error strings data-mined out of the latest patch, but as with anything, it's still obviously subject to change(and likely, since they delayed any announcement in Sept on the subject).

I don't think it's much of a separator on the playerbase any more than other paid expansions like Warlords of Draenor or LOTRO's. Just my opinion, but the F2P base will buy in and become preferred if they like that content, twink pvp with alts, or just stop playing until it goes on sale cheap or gets implemented for free.
    I think the easiest way to get around that, though, is to allow it to be bought with CC. That way F2P players can still buy it with the CC they unlock through achievements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    How can you trust anything they say?
    Name a game developer whose word you can always trust. I'll wait.

Just keep on defending all the things they do and you will just get more of it.
    You know what's funny? How you keep coming back here and all you do is trash the game. Over and over and over like a little boy with a broken heart. It's really pathetic. You haven't posted shit in two months, but here you are, back to this forum to post more unneeded vitriol. Mr. One Trick Pony katta.

- - - Updated - - -

Name a game developer whose word you can always trust. I'll wait.

You know what's funny? How you keep coming back here and all you do is trash the game. Over and over and over like a little boy with a broken heart. It's really pathetic. You haven't posted shit in two months, but here you are, back to this forum to post more unneeded vitriol. Mr. One Trick Pony katta.[/QUOTE]

Typical response.

I say you cant trust them and then to defend them you would rather say who can you ALWAYS trust. I never implied you can always trust anyone. How about instead of you try explaining how them thinking they could finish it in 2 days(as being the reason they didnt anounce it on friday) and then delaying it a couple of weeks.

Also do you really think that they are being truthful when they say that the expansion is still on scedual for this year, or do you expect them to have a last minute delay that they didnt expect that will push it back a couple months.

Typical response.
    Just like every comment you make, right? The same old same old. The only thing you do on this site is come here to bash this game. Personally, I don't get it. It's like you got a love jones.

I say you cant trust them and then to defend them you would rather say who can you ALWAYS trust. I never implied you can always trust anyone.
    If you can't always trust someone, then you can't trust them.

How about instead of you try explaining how them thinking they could finish it in 2 days(as being the reason they didnt anounce it on friday) and then delaying it a couple of weeks.
    First of all, this sentence is just a jumble of words that make no sense. Second, if my interpretation ofr your foreign language is correct, perhaps you should actually pay attention to what I HAVE said. I have yet to defend them pushing the announcement back. But, in your innane rush to come on this WoW board to bash TOR, you couldn't be bothered to actually read.

Also do you really think that they are being truthful when they say that the expansion is still on scedual for this year, or do you expect them to have a last minute delay that they didnt expect that will push it back a couple months.
    Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. Personally, I don't really care. However, I'm not here simply to shit on this game the way you are. The difference between you and myself is that I am actually being objective. Like I said before, you're acting like a little boy with a broken heart. It's pathetic.

I'm ok with a delay at the moment, since I'm just getting back into it, so I'm very occupied.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================