Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Major ack. Over two servers I should have at least five chars with - currently - more than 2000 'virtual' comms, including ones I haven't played in months. Has there been any clarification as to what 'when 3.0 launches" means? December 2nd or one week later?

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Major ack. Over two servers I should have at least five chars with - currently - more than 2000 'virtual' comms, including ones I haven't played in months. Has there been any clarification as to what 'when 3.0 launches" means? December 2nd or one week later?
    Depends on if your pre-ordered or not.

Pre-orders get in Dec 2nd. (7 days early access is over with as you had to do it by Nov. 2)

Full launch for everyone else - Dec. 9th.

This should help you:

http://www.swtor.com/shadow-of-revan...kt-t-us-hp-158
    Last edited by quras; 2014-11-25 at 08:46 PM.

Deleted
    Cheers, quras. Didn't preorder, not even subscribed atm. Now I only need to find out what the new basics sell, rsp when I can start spending them meaningfully: level 55, 58 or 60.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I think you can buy Isotope-5 canisters (and some other legacy planet gear), place them in the legacy bank (DO NOT MAIL) and it does not make them bound like mailing does.
    I'll try moving one tonight and see what happens. Losing 35 isn't such a big deal if it doesn't work.

I wonder if you'll be able to buy SoR 186 gear from the vendor at level 55. Then I could have everything I need for when I reach the necessary level, and hopefully be able to get the comms from all the quests I'll be turning in to zoom up right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Cheers, quras. Didn't preorder, not even subscribed atm. Now I only need to find out what the new basics sell, rsp when I can start spending them meaningfully: level 55, 58 or 60.
    You're going to be able to buy 186 gear with those basic comms. It's also considered enough to be your walk in OPS gear for SM. SM will drop 192 gear. (HM will be 198)

Can you buy the 186 gear at 55. I got no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    I'll try moving one tonight and see what happens. Losing 35 isn't such a big deal if it doesn't work.

I wonder if you'll be able to buy SoR 186 gear from the vendor at level 55. Then I could have everything I need for when I reach the necessary level, and hopefully be able to get the comms from all the quests I'll be turning in to zoom up right from the start.
    I was going to try it as well to see if it still works tonight. It's be nice if I can move some of those comms.

I would bet you could since 186 is the walk in raid gear they kinda want you to have for the new SM OPS at 60.

But now that I think about it. The probably don't want you leveling with it. I don't really know for sure and no one is spilling the beans with the NDA still running.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-11-25 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    So, if your gear sucks, you could buy some 186 gear right off the bat when 3.0 hits at level 55 and it will last you into the first SM OPS.
    I wouldn't really expect this to be true. The Pristine (item level 148) gear was purchasable from the Makeb station vendor on Day 1 RotHC, but you couldn't actually wear it until level 53. I would guess that the SoR 186 gear is wearable at level 58, not 55.

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    I wouldn't really expect this to be true. The Pristine (item level 148) gear was purchasable from the Makeb station vendor on Day 1 RotHC, but you couldn't actually wear it until level 53. I would guess that the SoR 186 gear is wearable at level 58, not 55.
    yea, I went back and removed it. The more I thought about it, I doubt they want you to have it for leveling. Though you may be right. You might be able to make a purchase before 60. Just not at 55.

You caught it before I could make the change.

Nice little write up on the comm transfer from Darth_Wicked

You can read more about it here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=777714

Hello everyone.

First of all, I do hope Bioware allows a fair bit of leeway here. This is possible ever since Strongholds was released in August, discussed at least on one occasion on Reddit and brought up here once or twice.

I do NOT think this is an exploit but even so, have mercy upon me. After all, the purpose of this thread is to inform other players, so they don't end up loosing hundreds of commendations, nothing more.

COMMENDATIONS TRANSFER:

( PLANETARY COMMS ) In the picture, you can see Vortine, the Voss Modifications Commendations Vendor for Republic characters. Purchase as many items as you like, depending on the number of commendations you wish to transfer between characters.

( CLASSIC ) In the picture, you can see Corporal Colsan, the Classic Gear Vendor in Section X for Republic characters. Purchase as many items as you like, depending on the number of commendations you wish to transfer between characters.

( BASIC ) In the picture, you can see Sergeant Mag, the Basic Commendations Schematic Vendor for Republic characters. Purchase as many items as you like, depending on the number of commendations you wish to transfer between characters.

You may notice the bind timer, which allows you to return the items you just purchased at any time, within the next couple of hours. (1) (2) (3)

Travel to your Stronghold and deposit the items in the Legacy Storage.

Relog on the character you wish to have the commendations transferred to.

Bind timer is still up. Remove the items from the Legacy Storage and sell them to any vendor in the game.

KEY ASPECTS TO RETAIN:

The sellers above are just an example. Instead of the Section X vendor, you can check the equivalent one in the Black Hole or Belsavis. Instead of the Voss vendor, you can check the one for Coruscant, Dromund Kaas or whatever planet you wish.

The items you pick MUST ALWAYS BE Bound on Equip. If they are by definition Bound on Pickup, you CANNOT deposit them in your Legacy storage.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-11-25 at 09:50 PM.

Buying and selling back Isotope-5 does not work. You will only get 430 credits back.

Darth_Wicked's method does work.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Still wont give these bastards any money XD

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20141006
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Yeap, disciplines and the power nerf are the two main reasons that I cancelled my sub and didn't preorder. We can argue taste all we want, but in the end it is really dumbfounding to have the devs making such a drastic change on the character-building system for the sake of "easier-to-achieve balance" among the main reasons, only to come out and say that, for example, a change they made is "an unintended nerf to a spec's damage" but they will let it go live anyway and see if they will fix it later!!

The disciplines I'm not all that miffed about. Yeah, it's the usual dumbing down/fewer choices thing that many games have moved towards, but I do like automatically learning skills as you level (not needing to go back to the trainer) and from what I've seen some of the re-arranging of when you acquire skills is pretty nice.

The power nerf though, not too jazzed about. I think for me, I'll do what I did with RotHC and wait for it to be included as a subscription perk a 6+ months after launch. In the interim, I'll likely just go about leveling some characters.

Also, I'm assuming the new discipline stuff is live for everyone today, it's just the new content that's being held back a week? If so, I'm totally gonna jump in and check it out today.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-12-02 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The disciplines I'm not all that miffed about. Yeah, it's the usual dumbing down/fewer choices thing that many games have moved towards, but I do like automatically learning skills as you level (not needing to go back to the trainer) and from what I've seen some of the re-arranging of when you acquire skills is pretty nice.

The power nerf though, not too jazzed about. I think for me, I'll do what I did with RotHC and wait for it to be included as a subscription perk a 6+ months after launch. In the interim, I'll likely just go about leveling some characters.

Also, I'm assuming the new discipline stuff is live for everyone today, it's just the new content that's being held back a week? If so, I'm totally gonna jump in and check it out today.

So far I'm good with the disciplines as well. It's not my favorite but it's not bad.

The power nerf - Making level 55 lower so they can make level 60 act as 55 I'm still struggling with grasping how they thought it was a good idea.

You are correct on disciplines though. Everyone gets that change right now. Leveling and new areas are held back for now if you didn't preorder.

10+ Year Old Account
    So hows the expansion so far?

I'm busy with other games atm to bother logging in and seeing for myself, even though I got the pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    So hows the expansion so far?

I'm busy with other games atm to bother logging in and seeing for myself, even though I got the pre-order
    I'm not getting the ability delay mentioned above and what I think is happening is the lag making it look that way.

The lag is rough in some areas, not so bad in others. Yet very bad is other places.

The new skill trees are not bad but even as a pvper, the new disciplines are way to pvp oriented. Very few pve talents to choose and you will still see most with the same pve specs.

My biggest grip is the story breaking bug. The story is pretty good and you will find yourself getting hooked on it. Than like reading your favorite book and getting close to the end. Then Someone rips out the final couple do chapters and you can't read the rest.

Most cannot complete the final portion of the story because of a bugged encounter. Some of the ones that have completed it had to do some odd things like run it 5+ times and resetting the phase or other such nonsense. Some had success while others did not.

It's a huge black eye on BW for me. They did some good work and then dropped the ball where it matters most.

It doesn't matter if 90% of the game works if the final story and conclusion is borked, it ruins the experience.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-12-03 at 09:56 PM.

I tried the new discipline system on a couple of characters (scrapper and gunnery) and it gets a big, fat zero from me. Even if I accept that the previous system was all about illusion of choice (which I don't), how is this new one any different? On the gunnery commando, practically all choices are superficial and meaningless for PvE while on the scrapper at least half the choices are compulsory (for both pvp and pve) so you have very few actual choices to make. So where are these "meaningful choices"? Unless they mean getting talents that don't really change anything or ignoring others and gimping yourself as "meaningful". But the white knights all over the swtor forums are repeating the same BS about "meaningful choices now, illusion of choice before".

It is such a bloody shame in general because this game with some proper management and vision from the top would stand to make a killing in 2015 simply due to hype (Revan-based expansion plus new Star Wars film). Anyway, back to preferred and staying there.

This is the same argument Blizzard gave when going from talent trees to whatever they want to call what they have now. I really didn't like the change back then, and while I'm not a huge fan of the Discipline system, I kinda prefer the idea of an overall "pool" of refinements vs. only being able to choose 1 of 3 things every few levels.

I have been enjoying the discipline system and class changes for all the characters I've played so far. Especially the Bounty Hunter changes. My Powertech is way more fun to play now.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I have been enjoying the discipline system and class changes for all the characters I've played so far. Especially the Bounty Hunter changes. My Powertech is way more fun to play now.

Do you think most of the choices seem more PVP related VS PVE?

I know for my seer it was one sided toward PVP but had a few nice PVE choices.

My shadow was mostly PVP stuff. Nothing all that interesting for PVE.

Do you get the same feeling? I know they wanted to kill hybrids and I see why on that one but I also feel like we need more choices that matter in PVE.

You know everybody is talking about the power nerf and how it will affect lvling but from the lvling I have done I am wrecking the mobs just as fast as I did on Makeb and even faster at times.

I will make judgement on the power nerf when it comes to doing Ops.

And the Disciplines well I am liking it so far and its not that bad. I think the Utility setup is borked though. I think they lean more towards the PvP site than PvE.