Thread: Which Monitor

Which Monitor

Hey all,

I built the unicorn maybe 6 months ago and was using eyefinity, got a bit tired of it, (computer may have even overheated once when I pumped up the frame rate).

Anyway I'm looking for a new monitor to be a solo monitor (mine are old at this point), but the current unicorn recommendation seems to largely be sold out. I can find it but I'm wondering if there's another model I should be looking at?

Any suggested monitors with a short thing about why that particular monitor would really be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Deleted
    What the hell is "the Unicorn"?

Is this US?

Anyways you don't mention a budget, which resolution you're looking for etc. so it's hard to pick something.

Depending on budget and connections needed/wanted I'd go for either of these if we are talking 1080p:

Dell P2414H $190
    Dell U2414H $260

If you're looking for 1440p, then either something like this:

Asus PB278Q $470

Or some cheaper Qnix Korean models from Ebay/Amazon.

Sorry that was dumb of me to assume. I found these forums from the mmo-champion computer setup of the month, where unicorn is just one of the 4 setups he recommends such as
    (can't post links) the one on the 4th page.

Yes US

budget is prob around 500 max

connections dont much matter.

That said, that 1440p monitor you sent looks pretty sexy, Someone a bit back warned me about getting to big of a monitor for WoW, I'm guessing it's not really an issue?

EDIT: Should have mentioned it's for a gaming machine and i almost only have time to play WoW anymore
    Last edited by Madicus; 2014-09-10 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    So which one did you get XFX R9 280X OR EVGA GTX770?

10+ Year Old Account
    27" 2560x1440 I'd suggest AOC q2770Pqu.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    So which one did you get XFX R9 280X OR EVGA GTX770?
    I went with the GTX, I really like the system. I'm also extremely green to computers and parts in general but was able to get it up and running pretty quickly.

I did swap out the hard drive for two solid state drives because it has like 4 games on it, and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    27" 2560x1440 I'd suggest AOC q2770Pqu.
    Awesome, thanks for the reply