Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's good. Nice job on the training, too. I love Rottys and I'm always happy to hear a person that has one well trained. The dogs get a bad rap and they're so sweet.
    Yeah I love them I eventually would like to get into breeding them but around here they get such a bad reputation, a lot apartments and even homes for rent do not allow them to live their it's sad.

Deleted
    I had my dog for nearly 16 years, so way more than half my life + some. She recently died. But if someone had harmed my dog on purpose I would've gone ballistic. I remember some children thinking they could mess with her when she was leashed outside the store. I just dropped my stuff and they were running before I was even completely outside.

My dog: tackle them, assuming I don't see they have a gun or something. Bonus courage points for the home invasion and temporary distraction provided by the dog.
    My sister's dog: apathy
    My neighbor's dog: I'd help him do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

In public? Probably put them to sleep with a choke and then cripple them (assuming there's no one around).

In my house? Death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    What's surprising to me in Winter Blossom's vid is that I was under the impression that German Shepard
    were preconditioned to being naturally protective of their owners. What an eye opener that vid was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXR_CYKcyr4

Another vid to follow Winter Blossom's example.

After the video, they specifically state that getting an aggressive animal is NOT a good
    idea, as it can lead to them harming innocent people. Which a very large number of
    dog bites and attacks equate to.

Training and obedience is key. However, they do say that more often than not, any loud
    barking is usually more than enough to scare anyone away.
    I don't know if the German Sheps we used are genius dogs or something, but they didn't really need much of a command to attack. I swear those things had telepathy.

On topic, if someone hurts my dog accidentally, well.. It happens. I will be depressed, but I'm not going to attack someone over an accident, besides maybe yelling at them in anger.

If someone intentionally causes my dogs death, they're in for a world of hurt. And if they did it in my house and aren't welcome inside it, they're getting shot.

I wouldn't want to go to prison, but the person responsible would get a beating for sure. There's a difference between accident and intentional though. It all depends on the situation. Considering my breed though (rottweiler, males) it would take a pretty aggressive person with a weapon of some sort to overpower the dog.

People saying "it's only a dog/animal" can gtfo since they clearly lack experience. It's been 2 years now and I still wake up at night reaching for my dog only to realize that he's no longer there. Yeah, "just a dog" indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You'd be surprised..many guarding breeds (Rottys, Dobermans, Shepards) won't do anything unless trained to attack. They may get hyped up because the person is in their home, but not necessarily do a full out attack on the person.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZIGHkGF-M

The video doesn't represent all dogs, so take that in mind and I don't agree entirely that all non trained dogs won't protect you - girl in vid says they won't.
    That was a realy interesting video. Was not expecting the non- trained dogs to just curl up scared. Maybe a dog with a strang bond with the person might try to defend then? Or maybe they just dont compreend the situation, seeing as the girl didnt realy feel threatned.
    Realy interesting video. Thanks for linking

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone killed my dog in front of me intentionally I'd shoot them, with no regrets.

Well, my cat of 15 years died 2-3 months ago now.
    Frankly if someone knowingly and purposely murdered my cat, i would probably full on rage murder them back for it.
    Another animal? I would kill that animal.

If someone killed my cat on accident? Dunno.. Probably wouldn't be violently angry at them.

If someone murdered your mother of father infrount of you wouldn't you be ablidged to end their miserable existence before they get away?
    Same logic, you can be as attached to a family pet as you can to a family member.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you that the retaliation would be lethal. It's impossible to know what would happen when the rage takes over. I would most likely kill them with my bare hands, guns are too impersonal for someone who would do something as barbaric as killing an innocent dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    If my cat was murdered in front of me

A life for a life

Pretty situational. In the scenario you described I'd probably empty my handgun into the intruder, although that'd be more based on the fact that that's what I'd do to any nocturnal intruder and less because I'd be worried about my pet. I don't currently own a pet but when I do it's a cat and not a dog, so I can't imagine a scenario where my cat would viciously attack a burglar for breaking in.

Quote Originally Posted by uNcl View Post
    Stop overreacting.. Its just a dog ffs.
    That isn't a very good point of view. There are people that get very attached to their pets even going as far to consider them family members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

You people are crazy.

This question doesn't relate to enough of our fine mmoc dwellers.

Now what if someone killed your favorite anime body pillow or pony fuck toy?

10+ Year Old Account
    My dog is a dumbass, but he's my dumbass. The retaliation would be biblical.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I guess the real question is, how emotionally attached are you to your pets? and what would you do to someone who harmed them?

For example, someone breaks into your house. Your dog is trying to ward the intruder off. The intruder kills your dog by gun/blunt force (depending on size of pet). How do you react? I personally have a malchi (maltese/chihuaha) and if I saw a intruder kill my little girl dog haley I would shoot them as non-fatally as possible, and then drag them into my basement to make every last second they were possibly alive a living hell. She's muh little girl.

Someone breaking into my home? If they hurt my dog? I shoot them in the stomach a couple of times and wait a bit to make sure it was safe for me to call 911. if I just caught them in my house? Id shoot them in the face.

Deleted
    I would beat ever living shit out of that person. My pets are like children to me (I've 4 dogs and 1 cat).