Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I thought it was a new Machete movie title for a second...

Quote Originally Posted by MaldorhanEU View Post
    I thought it was a new Machete movie title for a second...
    I thought Machete was still in space...
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    That's silly and an overreaction. Most people live in a city their entire lives and never are the victim of random violence.
    Yeah, rich people in gated communities or condos with security guards. I guess poor people don't count to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    At least they caught the people that did it, and it was an interracial gang (As far as you can tell from the somewhat grainy picture) so nobody can scream racism this time.
    Mexicans and blacks attack 2 white guys. No racism ofc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    That's what you get when you can buy machetes in Wallmart like they're potatoes.
    A machete is a legitimate tool for clearing brush and small branches. I own one. It's not the machete's fault those idiots misused it.

<wait for it>...

Machetes don't hack people. People hack people.
    Why? Because Viadd, Grand Arbiter of Correctness says so? - Masark

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    Yeah, rich people in gated communities or condos with security guards. I guess poor people don't count to you.
    Or he does not live in a high crime rate part of a city. Almost every large city has them and some are well known to have violent sections. Esp. Chicago. There are many cities in the US I avoid. And I grew up in a high violence, poverty area of Cleveland when I was a teenager. No way I would go back there.

7+ Year Old Account
    there will always be shit heads. The thing is, us non shit heads greatly outnumber the shit heads. When that is reversed I'll agree that the world is going to hell. Until then...its not.
    Exactly. The best thing we nons can do is arm ourselves against those that are.
    Why? Because Viadd, Grand Arbiter of Correctness says so? - Masark

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viadd View Post
    A machete is a legitimate tool for clearing brush and small branches. I own one. It's not the machete's fault those idiots misused it.

<wait for it>...

Machetes don't hack people. People hack people.
    But we need stricter machete controls. Same could be said of baseball bats however. And hell, lets not forget kitchen knives. Steel toed shoes and......

I am so glad i do not live in a city. I cannot imagine raising children where this shit is commonplace.
    Hi from Toronto where we dodge machete attacks on a daily basis....

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    Hi from Toronto where we dodge machete attacks on a daily basis....
    Well i was referring to violence, not just machetes; also i don't know much about foreign Cities, I am also referring to US cities, not foreign countries.

Umm, dude. i AM poor! It's sad when people are so vocal about the certainty of things they clearly know nothing about.

Umm, dude. i AM poor! It's sad when people are so vocal about the certainty of things they clearly know nothing about.
    I know that US cities are far more violent than other places in the country, That is a fact, I have no idea why you are pretending it is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Gangs can't afford guns? Is the economy that bad?
    A gun is too easy. A machete is personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I know that US cities are far more violent than other places in the country, That is a fact, I have no idea why you are pretending it is not true.
    It's more the fact you act like you can't leave your home without being accosted by a roving band of thugs armed with any number of weapons.

It's not that damn bad.

http://science.time.com/2013/07/23/i...laces-to-live/
    http://www.victimsofcrime.org/docs/n...urbanrural.pdf

It looks like it's not that simple. Looks like you are in fact wrong. But that's not my issue. My issue is your stating that it is practically criminal to raise kids in the city. I called that silly, and an overreaction. Which it is. Then you said I don't care about poor people. Interesting.

Why don't they just get rid of the gangs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Why don't they just get rid of the gangs?
    Brilliant! I'll call Mayor Emanuel and pass that right along.

Yeah my crash pad is just on the other side of the highway from that train station. I'm often there late at night or super early in the morning. I've never felt unsafe. Must be a fluke thing...you know sometimes shit just happens.
    If you're on the other side of 90 or 94 from there you're a ways away...

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of scary to think this just happened at a bus stop near where a couple people posting in this thread live. Apparently the fact that a train was pulling in is the only reason they stopped the attack as well.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    If you're on the other side of 90 or 94 from there you're a ways away...
    From my crashpad the Jefferson Park train station is no more than 3 minutes walk away. I honestly don't know what highway I cross, but it is a highway...pretty sure it's the one that takes you into ORD.