Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Laniakea - super-cluster definitions.

Pretty nice vid that is both humbling and amazing, puts us in our place in regards to whats really out there!

too bad none of that is real

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Pardon me, but what exactly do you mean ?

Deleted
    eh? Could you elaborate on that statement please?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Pardon me, but what exactly do you mean ?
    Don't act for a second like you don't get what I mean

Deleted
    Hilarious xD

I like the new super cluster definitions, I still want to know what kind of an object the Great Attractor is tough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I still want to know what kind of an object the Great Attractor is tough.
    It is a gravity anomaly, and that's about all we know of it, for now at least.

Hilarious xD

I like the new super cluster definitions, I still want to know what kind of an object the Great Attractor is tough.
    Xeelee man...it's the Xeelee
    Last edited by poser765; 2014-09-10 at 12:00 PM.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

It's the first time I hear about this "Great Attractor". I need to do some research on it. Anyone has any info?

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    It's the first time I hear about this "Great Attractor". I need to do some research on it. Anyone has any info?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Attractor

Good luck. Some strange shit.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Attractor

Good luck. Some strange shit.
    Thanks! My mind prepares itself to be blown.

Deleted
    Xeelee man...it's the Xeelee
    A type 4 civilization slowly dragging millions of galaxies to a central focus point collapsing our supercluster to create a portal to the Underworld would be very cool. At least it would be much cooler then "yeah its like this massive super hyper black hole"

Deleted

I like the new super cluster definitions,
    As do I, as this is actually basing it upon something measurable.

7+ Year Old Account
    This was pretty interesting until the last photo. Really? Have to go there? I thought this was a thread to appreciate the wonders of the universe.

And you wonder why we Christians feel put upon. Just leave it alone. We get it, you don't like our faith. Why post crass and offensive images about our God? What practical purpose does it serve? Why go out of the way to be offensive?

(And no, it's not funny. It's rude and disrespectful. And all of you who laughed know it is. And if you find being rude and disrespectful funny, then consider your reaction the next time a Christian is rude and disrespectful to something you hold dear, and ask yourself if you are a hypocrite.)
    Why? Because Viadd, Grand Arbiter of Correctness says so? - Masark

A type 4 civilization slowly dragging millions of galaxies to a central focus point collapsing our supercluster to create a portal to the Underworld would be very cool. At least it would be much cooler then "yeah its like this massive super hyper black hole"
    That would be FAR cooler. Unfortunately the answer is probably just as meh as a super big black hole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viadd View Post
    This was pretty interesting until the last photo. Really? Have to go there? I thought this was a thread to appreciate the wonders of the universe.

And you wonder why we Christians feel put upon. Just leave it alone. We get it, you don't like our faith. Why post crass and offensive images about our God? What practical purpose does it serve? Why go out of the way to be offensive?

(And no, it's not funny. It's rude and disrespectful. And all of you who laughed know it is. And if you find being rude and disrespectful funny, then consider your reaction the next time a Christian is rude and disrespectful to something you hold dear, and ask yourself if you are a hypocrite.)
    I think its quite rude, disrespectful and offensive that you are talking in the name of all Christians, I'm pretty sure many xtians have a normal sense of humor and only the ones being insecure about their faith would feel butthurt.

Anyways, thanks for derailing this thread into another stupid discussion about religion..

- - - Updated - - -

That would be FAR cooler. Unfortunately the answer is probably just as meh as a super big black hole.
    Thats what they WANT you to think!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its quite rude, disrespectful and offensive that you are talking in the name of all Christians, I'm pretty sure many xtians have a normal sense of humor and only the ones being insecure about their faith would feel butthurt.

Anyways, thanks for derailing this thread into another stupid discussion about religion..
    just like so many other debates people want to discuss -_-
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account

Anyways, thanks for derailing this thread into another stupid discussion about religion.

Nah, not derailing anything. Just wanted to say my piece. If you're going to be offensive, I am going to call you on it. We can all appreciate the wonders of Creation without taking it to the lowest common denominator. If anything, the attempt at 'humor' could've been a lot more clever and not so vulgar.
    Why? Because Viadd, Grand Arbiter of Correctness says so? - Masark

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viadd View Post
    Nah, not derailing anything. Just wanted to say my piece. If you're going to be offensive, I am going to call you on it. We can all appreciate the wonders of Creation without taking it to the lowest common denominator. If anything, the attempt at 'humor' could've been a lot more clever and not so vulgar.
    It is good humor, whats wrong with vulgar? Why can't you joke about funny things? Because someone might be offended? Might as well not have any humor at all if you're afraid of being offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call me weird, but the Great Attractor sometimes keeps me up at night in fear. It's the scariest thing in the known universe in my opinion.