Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like a good melee can beat me on my shadow priest almost every time, but against casters I feel fine. I think if Surge of Darkness procc'd more and we took it over insanity then Melee wouldn't be as much of an issue either, but right now insanity is just way better and it's hard to get a cast off while a melee is training you. Leaving shadowform to heal is extremely risky as well, if they connect and stun you or something then you're as good as dead. Losing physic scream really sucks, but I take void tendrils over it since fear can be removed so much easier. It's weird trying to get used to pre-hard casting PoM before you go into a fight, as I would never cast it over flash heal right now if I am trying to recover in a fight. I'm playing Haste>=Multi>Crit>Vers>Mastery and using AS
    Last edited by Boricha; 2014-09-14 at 03:02 PM.

The video features my 70 but it gives you a basic idea of how insane and unlimited melee lock-downs currently are.

Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-09-20 at 04:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's beta.

They're still tuning things.

No. It's towards the end of beta, things are being finalized now. Your excuse no longer works.

Shadow Priest has been for a while a niche spec in the sense that a smaller number of players can have fun with it -and make it work! It has weaknesses which is actually a good thing but it also has strengths. If you want a caster tank you may want to look at Warlock, but if you want massive burst potential for 3v3 and RBG you found one of the premier specs for that!

I love shadow in pvp right now, the biggest thing being: We no longer run out of mana!!!! I've been playing alot of 2's skirmishes and ashran as a shadow priest and I must say it is a huge improvement from MoP (especially in 2s). Depending of how you spec you can have vt as your only non-instant spell, and can dish out insane damage on the run (something like dp-mb-dp when you got 5 shadow orbs is sick).

Our healing is kind of gimped, as we need to build it up since it's baked into dp, and I really miss instant pom and healing from divine star. We seem to be very weak, as far as healing goes compared to other hybrids. PW:S is great as always. Flash heal feels abit "weak" and is more of a behind the pillar heal.

Our cc is really good, at the start I thought it sucked, but looking at how most other classes have gotten their cc nerfed, we are really well off. You no longer need to choose if you want to nuke or cc, as using ph will refund all orbs and the best thing about it is: no shared cc with stuns. Play with some melee class who can stun and you got yourself a 9 sec lockdown (5+4) while doing damage. Ofcourse you can just add another 4 sec to that if it's a caster with silence. Fear's increased cooldown is really noticeable, I've actually tried to fear so many times while it's on cooldown out of habbit, but I guess it's just matter of getting used to it.

I usually do have biggest problems against warriors and ferals, but can handle every other class to some degree. The main problem with ferals is their uptime, and the need to dispell their instantcasts, which means very little damage.

As for partners, I've gotten best results with a rogue, paladin, mage, dk and any healer. If you play with a healer and you meet 2 dps, it's usually autowin. The trend here being a partner who can peel or cc one guy, while you lock down the other together and kill. More classes are probably great for this aswell, but have yet to try most specs.

TL;DR
    Shadow is awesome in pvp right now.

They fixed mana issues? Great. Now if they would fix shadow being useless against melee training.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Shadow PvE is just as bad. By bad I mean mediocre and very lack-luster. I don't know any PvE priests who are actually excited about anything coming in WoD. The metered numbers are average compared to other classes and that trickles over to PvP.

The most frustrating part of Shadow is the unrewarding playstyle. You can execute a very complex rotation (Dot Weaving) and get a VERY minor dps increase. Complexity and execution should be REWARDED. This should apply to PvP as well.

All in all the class is just shitty compared to all the others in both PvE and PvP

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They fixed mana issues? Great. Now if they would fix shadow being useless against melee training.

They are not useless against melee training, you just need to know wtf to do.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    They are not useless against melee training, you just need to know wtf to do.
    And what would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    And what would that be?
    I don't have any problems with melee, unless it's like feral + rogue and my partner have no idea how to peel. I can outdamage dk's and warriors quite easily, but for some reason they just do more healing than actual damage in 2s.

Use feint, invis, fear, disperse smartly (= check what cd's they got up and play accordingly). Fake cast, or just cast a flash heal to bait out a kick. Get dots up, use main blast on cd and use your first 3 orbs on ph. It's not that hard to get them defensive, once they are defensive you just keep nuking them down. Our defense in wod is actually offense, since most of our healing comes from dp (and pw:s) compared to mop where you either go healing mode or damage mode. The last defensive cd we got is ve, which again profits from offensive play.

If you're talking about 1v1's, good rogues, druids, dk's will beat you but thats life. This might change when/if they nerf some hybrid healing