Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Me too, not everyone is cut out for MMOs ^_^ but WoW didn't used to be so hand holding
    Well he said he tries it 3 times a year wich would mean he must have tried it last year unless im reading it wrong, and questing was faceroll then,

I quote * I have tried wow like 3 times A YEAR since it launched*

Mists of pandaria is the crappiest expansion yet, it's so crap I quit.
    Glyphs are boosters and easy to choose and assign. Buying them may be expensive though depending on class/spec.
    So many people are all like "mists (mop) is so awesome! Let it be known they are 9 year old Asian girls who love teddy bears and quest lines with ever so effing annoying voices and retarded monkeys and irratable insects voices. Oh and wait till you get to professions!!!!thats really going to make you quit!not only did they complicate what was working fine, they put nearly every trainer in pandaria as far from each other as possible!yup brilliant, so when you finally get to the one you need guess what? He doesn't have nearly half the recipes/training you need to progress or be useful!time sinkhole to add after gold sinkhole=no life sinkhole!!!great job blizzard!!Oh did I mention hordes of retarded rats ganking you when trying to travel and level? All to which drop absolutely crap items or trash? This is by far the worst expansion IMO since wrath. Blizz got it spot on In wrath then over time must be employing kids to do their story and design characters. Everything in mop was and still is and will always be....what most stupid enemies drop in there...."trash".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesket View Post
    I have tried wow like 3 times a year since it launched but its always been way too hard.
    You must be trolling. right? the game is now for 6y olds and above....Yes its that easy..

Deleted
    I know how you feel. It's all very overwhelming at the start. But like every other game you will get familiar with it pretty fast. And what's difficult about the quests? Look on the map where you have to go. If you really got no idea where to go, type in the quest name on www.wowhead.com. In the comments you will always find what you need!

And for all other wow related questions. Google is amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    You must be trolling. right? the game is now for 6y olds and above....Yes its that easy..
    My first char was a druid and i clobbered mobs to death with my staff-autoattack, I didn't even know the difference between Need and Greed. I somehow managed (to change class) even though it was back in vanille, back then when the map wouldn't shove the objective into your face.

This game is one of the easiest ever to play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anjinn View Post
    This game is one of the easiest ever to play
    It's subjective. Because WoW has been around for a long time, I guess there's an awful lot of information to absorb (e.g. about glyphs) that a new comer might find overwhelming. Veterans may know to jump to icy veins or ask a guildie etc, but for someone coming to it for the first time, I can understand that if might seem complex. The nice thing about WoW is because it is so big, and Blizzard is so transparent about the maths/allows add-ons etc, the playerbase and the web have an incredible amount of information easily accessible.

Ironically, contrary to the OP, I found returning to SWTOR much more intimidating because the web resources for that game are just not as polished and comprehensive as for WoW (maybe I just didn't find them). It was a real struggle for me to figure out how to gear up in the endgame. Plus Bioware seems to hide the math and won't allow addons, so it's all more murky. And Blizzard has done a fairly good job of streamlining things like endgame gearing up - e.g. now it's, go to Timeless Isle, get LFR and/or honour gear, do flex, do normal etc. There relatively few currencies and vendors to fuss over (and in WoD even fewer).

In terms of difficulty of gameplay, again, I found SWTOR significantly harder than WOW, although not hard per se. It's like WoW 5 years ago or something, without the heirlooms, XP nerfs and other nerfs to leveling mobs. WoW is only really at what I consider a good degree of difficulty when leveling in the last zone or so of a current expansion (e.g. Dread Wastes I find great fun on level 89 chars - you can actually die!).

Heirlooms are another issue. I created a free character once with no heirlooms and as a mage was getting hit a lot while leveling. It was not easy per se (packs of murlocs were dangerous, as they used to be.) I think at some time in the last 2 years or so, Blizzard doubled the heal of low level mobs so it wasn't so trivial. However, when I went back to my main account and created a mage with heirlooms, it was much easier. (I guess heirlooms are like the a near full set of on level dungeon blues, which you'll never be kitted out with naturally while leveling).

It's not a hard game. Try a character with physical damage for auto-attacking (also, good for PvP). Healers are good if you want to have an overview on the situation in quests,dungeons and raids. I always left behind quests at leveling, there are many. A spell attack character is also easy to control.

A list of classes and specs:

Death Knight Roles: Melee DPS, Tank
    Druid Roles: Healer, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Tank
    Hunter Role: Ranged DPS
    Mage Role: Ranged DPS
    Monk Roles: Healer, Melee DPS, Tank
    Paladin Roles: Healer, Melee DPS, Tank
    Priest Roles: Healer, Ranged DPS
    Rogue Role: Melee DPS
    Shaman Roles: Healer, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS
    Warlock Role: Ranged DPS
    Warrior Roles: Melee DPS, Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Me too, not everyone is cut out for MMOs ^_^ but WoW didn't used to be so hand holding
    I wouldn't say that I had an elder jedi in swg which many argue was harder but I found wow much more confusing as far as leveling and questing went.

Also in swtor I have legacy level 50 with 16 lvl 55 characters fully geared (which most people say IS like wow, but I find it a million times easier)

And In guild wars 2 my ranger has 4 legendary weapons and full ascended armor (which many wow players have told me is "too hard" but I found it a million times easier) So just because I am struggling with 1 game doesn't mean I'm not cut out for MMos and being good at a MMO shouldn't give you a sense of superiority.
    Last edited by Tesket; 2014-09-12 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    If he says WoW is too hard, clearly games without difficulty settings aren't for him. There is no conceivable way he's tried any other MMORPG and thought it was "easier" than WoW. In all reality, I'd find it hard to fathom what he means by "hard"? Clearly he hasn't made it to raiding to say that's hard. If he's referring to questing or something and mobs killing him? Again, still can't understand what's "hard" about that. Hit buttons faster and not once every 30 seconds?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tesket View Post
    I wouldn't say that I had an elder jedi in swg which many argue was harder but I found wow much more confusing as far as leveling and questing went.

Also in swtor I have legacy level 50 with 16 lvl 55 characters fully geared (which most people say IS like wow, but I find it a million times easier)

And In guild wars 2 my ranger has 4 legendary weapons and full ascended armor (which many wow players have told me is "too hard" but I found it a million times easier) So just because I am struggling with 1 game doesn't mean I'm not cut out for MMos and being good at a MMO shouldn't give you a sense of superiority.
    Wait, you know that "hard" (difficulty) isn't the same as confusing, right?

Now, if confusing is what you meant, while I still don't know what's confusing about WoW (outside of maybe tons of abilities, but that would only be towards end-game) unless you strictly mean how the quest system doesn't hand-hold you with arrows or something (although since the past 2 years I think it definitely highlights where you need to go?) I can maybe give your argument some weight but outside of hand-holding where to go for quests, I don't understand what's confusing?

You should try a class you can solo a lot with like hunter if you're just getting back into it. I'm assuming you don't have a guild or anything like that.

Deleted
    I don't see how after playing SWTOR WoW can be considered confusing? I would have thought they were very similar in terms of combat and questing since nowadays they do a very good job of pointing you in the right direction and telling u exactly what to do without even having to read the quest text.

Also every paladin has at least one healing spell by level 20 so even if you went into the dungeon in the wrong spec you should have been able to heal, just read the abilities properly unless you mean you don't know how to heal anyone but yourself? in which case you need to be targeting or clicking on the person you want to heal.

the main issues I had that I can remember is during questing mobs would gang up on me 2-3 at a time and beat me down, in swtor u can have a companion that heals you while you fight - that makes a night and day difference. and what sucked about wow is the mobs respawn so fast by the time i find the quest objects I am surrounded...

in gw2 you can dodge and have aoe attacks that can mow down mobs quite smoothly - also you can overlevel then go to lower level zones and it scaled you down but you can still mow through things smoothly.