Deleted

Is Warlock gonna be fun in WOD?

hello guys, 1st time poster here,

I have been playing WoW till MoP came, and I evaded the last expansion completely, I was playing a mage in the time I was playing wow. I played almost all the time pvp only. Arenas were my bread and butter everyday and I managed to get some good rating (around 2450) as a frost mage, but I always wanted to play somehthing more complex, lets face it, frost mages were pretty straightforward back then, I dont know how they stand now...but I just lost my interest in playing my mage...

So I would love to try something complex, back then I heard in every corner, that affli warlock is the most complex class with feral druids, so I would like to give it a shot, BUT I read this forum for a while and I noticed that Blizz is dumbing down the affli warlock, and a lot of ppl are saying lock is utterly boring in Beta. My question is, do u think, blizz will make affli warlocks more fun, like it was before or now is (my friends telling me at live, affli is gr8, complex and fun)? I know u are no sightkicks but still... I want to play something complex, fun and usefull. I dont want to play class, that needs to be carried, u know what I mean, but I dont want something OP like frost mages was back in my era.

Thank you for all your input. By the way, the same question stands for Ele shaman, if affli is not the way to go for my needs, would ele fill my needs?

BTW I dont like demonology playstyle at all, I would love to be dot-bitch, dot everything I see, even the pillars of the arena..

PS: sorry for my english...

Deleted
    All affliction is sb:ss, reapplying dots during procs and ds and using shadow an hooks for fears etc, tbh I find affliction boring in terms of pvp, destro is where it's at fire and shadow schools, setting up burst phases with cc havoc coil, and amazing self healing, it's pretty fun

no, leave while you're not attached to your lock toon

Quote Originally Posted by ILast2Seconds View Post
    hello guys, 1st time poster here,

I have been playing WoW till MoP came, and I evaded the last expansion completely, I was playing a mage in the time I was playing wow. I played almost all the time pvp only. Arenas were my bread and butter everyday and I managed to get some good rating (around 2450) as a frost mage, but I always wanted to play somehthing more complex, lets face it, frost mages were pretty straightforward back then, I dont know how they stand now...but I just lost my interest in playing my mage...

So I would love to try something complex, back then I heard in every corner, that affli warlock is the most complex class with feral druids, so I would like to give it a shot, BUT I read this forum for a while and I noticed that Blizz is dumbing down the affli warlock, and a lot of ppl are saying lock is utterly boring in Beta. My question is, do u think, blizz will make affli warlocks more fun, like it was before or now is (my friends telling me at live, affli is gr8, complex and fun)? I know u are no sightkicks but still... I want to play something complex, fun and usefull. I dont want to play class, that needs to be carried, u know what I mean, but I dont want something OP like frost mages was back in my era.

Thank you for all your input. By the way, the same question stands for Ele shaman, if affli is not the way to go for my needs, would ele fill my needs?

BTW I dont like demonology playstyle at all, I would love to be dot-bitch, dot everything I see, even the pillars of the arena..

PS: sorry for my english...
    Unfortunately, in my view anyway, complexity is something it seems blizzard wants to eliminate. I liked having a crap ton of buttons and abilities on my warlock, pally, warrior, etc. Sure, sometimes keybind space was a struggle but felt cool to be able to remember and use a totally situational ability at just the right time.

So yeah, with the removal of a lot of CC, rotations requiring fewer buttons, and fewer abilitites overall to manage, if your hope is complexity will bring you back and make the game fun for you it's quite possible you'll be dissapointed.

All that said, there are other fun aspects of the game, so the weight given to one aspect over another is totally subject to personal feelings/opinions.