Page 1 of 2
LastLast

HC seasonal = insane fun

I didn't expect 2.1 to be that good, it finally gave sence to everything you doing! Greater rifts are so fun to do in hardcore, when you really push yourself because leaderboards and such on high tiers, even when you proc u still wanna go on! Before, when you could clear t6 the game was over. Getting more gear was ofc nice improving your stats but in general pointles. But now it's not because you complete with other players progressing in GR. Those who gave up on D3 before 2.1 try it out, imo it's almost completely different game now .

What does that have to do with seasons? GR isn't season only. The first season of this game was implemented poorly and has nothing unique about it from normal play besides a few achievements which are impossible to get unless you 4 man them.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Yeah exploiting till 70 with bounties and GR xp bug is so fun Kappa

Agreed, I'm having great fun with it.

Deleted
    Whats so more fun about seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    There's a dick measuring contest at the end. And it can all be over because of 1 second of lag or not paying attention. And I love my dick measuring contests.

Quote Originally Posted by LummyBear View Post
    For normal people seasons just give you a fresh start with the potential for some new loot. For dorks apparently there are leaderboards or something, because it's important to know who's the dorkiest.

I def agree that it feels much better now, although to be fair I've been having a blast since RoS hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So as you guys are having this much fun make sure you give credit to that man that made it happen. Jay Wilson. If it wasting for him taking time with his design, We would have never had the foundation for 2.1 for today and its only going to get better. To think if it wasn't for jay we would have gotten a nasty looking updated rehash of D2. ewww. Jay is a god for bring diablo to where it needed to be. ( Yes i know hes no longer LD )
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Wtf is kappa?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    So as you guys are having this much fun make sure you give credit to that man that made it happen. Jay Wilson. If it wasting for him taking time with his design, We would have never had the foundation for 2.1 for today and its only going to get better. To think if it wasn't for jay we would have gotten a nasty looking updated rehash of D2. ewww. Jay is a god for bring diablo to where it needed to be. ( Yes i know hes no longer LD )
    I have absolutely no idea what the point of your post was. Was it to bring shame to Jay? I dont think he can live in any more shame then he does.

Was it to actually attribute these thigns to him? He has nothing to do with anything that happened after d3 got marginally good

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Wtf is kappa?
    it implies sarcasm

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DustWolf View Post
    it implies sarcasm
    Not sarcasm, more along the lines of don't take this statement seriously.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Who says you have to exploit? If youre chasing a spot on the leaderboard youre playing the wrong game. Relax and have fun. Stop reading guides and checking other peoples builds, find your own items and find a creative build you enjoy. Otherwise youre taking the life out of the game. Seasons have always been more of a fresh start than anything else
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol my favorite part about seasonal characters is that I don't have to deal with storage space. What a nightmare. No idea why they do that. Each class needs space equal to an entire stash unless you want to destroy everything, regret it later and never try out different builds and theorycraft.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

If youre chasing a spot on the leaderboard youre playing the wrong game.
    Um excuse me, that's the point of leaderboards... to get a spot on them.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'm on the leaderboard. I didn't exploit anything.

I died yesturday and i'm casually leveling through story mode with boon of the hoarder making a ton of money as I do it.

To many people the seasons may not seem like much, but i'm having a ton of fun, and its returned quite a few people to the community who had otherwise moved on. I'm a fan of seeing how far I can push myself quickly, and on hardcore to push yourself you're constantly on the brink of losing everything, I think thats the excitement the OP is having, its certainly the many adrenaline rushes i've had.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally really enjoy seasons. It's just fun having to reset all your progress and start anew. Heck, my seasonal Crusader is better geared than my regular characters, and that to me feels like real progress when I see how far I've come in just 2 weeks. Really enjoyable and I plan to join up in the next season as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Who says you have to exploit? If youre chasing a spot on the leaderboard youre playing the wrong game.
    Why the fuck have leaderboards then? This makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    I'm on the leaderboard. I didn't exploit anything.

I died yesturday and i'm casually leveling through story mode with boon of the hoarder making a ton of money as I do it.

To many people the seasons may not seem like much, but i'm having a ton of fun, and its returned quite a few people to the community who had otherwise moved on. I'm a fan of seeing how far I can push myself quickly, and on hardcore to push yourself you're constantly on the brink of losing everything, I think thats the excitement the OP is having, its certainly the many adrenaline rushes i've had.
    Yes on rank 999. That's so satisfying.

Just curious, how are you suggesting the hardcore players exploited? The fastest way to level was to run several specific T6 bounties that didn't require any killing, just running around until a timer was over. It involved dying multiple times because fresh characters didn't exactly have the paragon or gear to survive T6. That's why softcore players dinged 70 after about an hour of seasons, while hardcore players took 4.5 hours of actually playing the game to hit 70.

Also, hitting 70 quickly, while a decent achievement, isn't as prestigious as say, killing T6 Malthael or clearing Grift 30 imo. It's much more satisfying reaching the bigger conquests, at least for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Just curious, how are you suggesting the hardcore players exploited? The fastest way to level was to run several specific T6 bounties that didn't require any killing, just running around until a timer was over. It involved dying multiple times because fresh characters didn't exactly have the paragon or gear to survive T6. That's why softcore players dinged 70 after about an hour of seasons, while hardcore players took 4.5 hours of actually playing the game to hit 70.

Also, hitting 70 quickly, while a decent achievement, isn't as prestigious as say, killing T6 Malthael or clearing Grift 30 imo. It's much more satisfying reaching the bigger conquests, at least for me.
    Speaking of T6 Malthael, I just killed the bastard with a seasonal character. So satisfied. ^__^