Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Good idea, and have the nukes turn into dots as long as the dots aren't applied, because everyone applies dots first anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I had this same exact thought.
    Because you still have to anticipate your casts. Damage and shit of the spell is calculated when it fires off, rather than when your start casting it. So generally you swap to Starfire while still in Solar, but are unable to get in another wrath before you leave the solar half of the meter. When the Starfire cast goes off/lands, it's damage will be marginally amplified by the gradual Eclipse buff.

Having Wrath/starfire share one button and swap automatically would take away that. Altho it's only a marginal increase, I think.

I figured I'd chime in here rather than making a new thread as well. Currently have a boomkin at 506 ilvl, and his performance seems fairly weak compared to other characters I have had in comparable gear (mid-40's dps single target), which makes me think I'm doing something really wrong?

Dots, SS when available, SF or Wrath until I hit an eclipse, and continue. Starfall / Hurricane for AOE scenarios.

1) Is it best to use Celestial Alignment when you're already in an eclipse, or it doesn't really matter? And when you're under CA effects, dot with Moonfire, and then spam SF? Or is there a better way to use this.....

2) Prior to an eclipse, it seems that SF / Wrath will simply continue pushing in a given direction anyhow, so which is better typically?

3) Best approach to use AC?

TIA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I figured I'd chime in here rather than making a new thread as well. Currently have a boomkin at 506 ilvl, and his performance seems fairly weak compared to other characters I have had in comparable gear (mid-40's dps single target), which makes me think I'm doing something really wrong?

Dots, SS when available, SF or Wrath until I hit an eclipse, and continue. Starfall / Hurricane for AOE scenarios.

1) Is it best to use Celestial Alignment when you're already in an eclipse, or it doesn't really matter? And when you're under CA effects, dot with Moonfire, and then spam SF? Or is there a better way to use this.....

2) Prior to an eclipse, it seems that SF / Wrath will simply continue pushing in a given direction anyhow, so which is better typically?

3) Best approach to use AC?

TIA
    This is a thread regarding the DPS rotation of balance druid in WOD. I may be wrong but i get the impression you're looking for help on live in which case you need to seek out sunfyres help my dps thread. here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hlight=sunfyre may also be worth you reading the balance sticky for openers to help with your CA questions etc.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2014-09-20 at 08:43 AM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    (------------|--|------------O

Starfire|Starsurge|Wrath

Simple as that? How does that align with the images appearing over your head? Do you just keep wrath/starfiring as picture scrolls?
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I had this same exact thought.
    Like others have said, if they did that, you would have only 3 buttons in your bars as your entire "rotation":
    Wrath/Starfire || Sunfire/Moonfire || Starsurge

With the optional Stellar Flare as the 4th button. It would be beyond retarded.

Plus, there are times you are locked out of one school of magic, so that would make you incapable of using any spells - since they all share buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhiel View Post
    Like others have said, if they did that, you would have only 3 buttons in your bars as your entire "rotation":
    Wrath/Starfire || Sunfire/Moonfire || Starsurge starfall?

With the optional Stellar Flare as the 4th button. It would be beyond retarded.

Plus, there are times you are locked out of one school of magic, so that would make you incapable of using any spells - since they all share buttons.
    You only missed probably our most op spell.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    The guys at SimC (specifically Eein) are working on major Boomkin updates over there, and now that they're getting the new mechanics in there well, it'll be able to use SimC to test a lot of different rotational stuff to get it right. As of right now on beta, Stellar Flare's damage isn't properly changing with energy, which kind of throws some stuff off.

One question I saw in here is what to do when you cap on SS charges outside of a peak (i.e., right after a peak). You can wait until you get to the next Eclipse and hope you don't proc SS again before you get there to get it off, or you can dump it on the way out and the 30 second buff duration is long enough for you to still have Empowerment when you come back around into it again.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    You only missed probably our most op spell.
    Oh, i know you fanboy Starfall super hard, so i apologize for leaving it out

But i was thinking of only single target damage, forgot about the OP Starfall!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazistrasz View Post
    One question I saw in here is what to do when you cap on SS charges outside of a peak (i.e., right after a peak). You can wait until you get to the next Eclipse and hope you don't proc SS again before you get there to get it off, or you can dump it on the way out and the 30 second buff duration is long enough for you to still have Empowerment when you come back around into it again.
    Generally, there are very few occasions where i capped on SS charges (and when i did it was due to bad play on my part), but whenever i did i would just instantly dump it and make sure i 1.) use the buff properly and 2.) do not overwrite Empowered buff or cap SS again, depending if i'm on my way down or up.
    Last edited by Razhiel; 2014-09-23 at 11:18 AM.