Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh as a hpriest there's no way I can top people with a few globals from 10 to 100 unless all stars align and I use GS for the 40% extra healing.

So bf right now is at -80% dmg and -60% healing? I don't even know the numbers.

E: with bf I also mean resilience, since you get 77% from base alone and another 3 from trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Hpriests are considered the current worst healer for 3v3, worse than even Holy Paladins, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only a matter of time until they bring in pvp power also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Hpriests are considered the current worst healer for 3v3, worse than even Holy Paladins, sadly.
    I some how run into hpriests a lot more than hpalas atm... But granted I play "only" at 2400mmr. Idk how it is at the top, but 3v3 Rankings on battle.net suggest that there are more priests. Though the shamans and druids dominate.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    So ranged cannot parry or dodge anymore while being attacked in melee? That is news to me.

EDIT: And I don't mean with your back to melee here...I forgot about them removing hit/expertise from gear in WOD, but my question still stands regarding pvp base parry / dodge?

I'm behind or forgot all WoD changes, but this basically makes NE's racial Quickness useless.
    Casters have so little avoidance it makes no difference (my Mage has like 3% dodge, 0% parry), and melee will have enough base exp to cap that (on live). My Rogue has 29% Dodge/3% Parry with no buffs. Proccs jump that up to 37% Dodge - Plate wearers have pretty much the same but in Parry, my half Prideful Warrior has 23% Parry with 3% Dodge, again jumping up with proccs to nearly 30%. Casters can't dodge or parry whilst they are casting either, and if they are not casting chances are they are attempting to run away, mostly facing away.

Basically, this change only helps melee vs melee, which is good because RNG is annoying.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-09-11 at 01:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see hybrids getting destroyed, even after they've lost the majority of their healing potential and utility because of this 20% reduction. It's a stupid unnecessary blanket nerf because they can't be bothered balancing the differences between PvE and PvP.

The change to dodge and parry however, is very welcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    It's a modifier which occurs when you are in an arena or bg. Also in world pvp I believe. It basically reduces your damage taken by a huge percentile, and your healing done aswell.
    It does nothing to your damage taken, thats resillience.
    Battle fatigue reduces your healing taken for a while after taking damage from players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    It does nothing to your damage taken, thats resillience.
    Battle fatigue reduces your healing taken for a while after taking damage from players.
    E: with bf I also mean resilience, since you get 77% from base alone and another 3 from trinkets.
    But yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    You know that the buff to melee only really benefits the melee fighting other melee. In which it benefits both, so all it does is remove RNG.
    No with no exp casters depending on race etc have 3-5% avoidance so bad rng can still happen on key things like stuns etc.

I some how run into hpriests a lot more than hpalas atm... But granted I play "only" at 2400mmr. Idk how it is at the top, but 3v3 Rankings on battle.net suggest that there are more priests. Though the shamans and druids dominate.
    Heh, that doesn't surprise me. I think I read on some forum awhile ago that hpalas were better than hpriests, but tbh seeing as there's not a single 3s comp where hpal is the optimal healer, I wouldn't be surprised if I had just gotten wrong info.

EDIT: Or maybe they thought disc priests. xD

Great, blanket battlefatigue was the worst thing ever, making some abilities like deathpact and AMS worthless.

If they bring it back they've failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Great, blanket battlefatigue was the worst thing ever, making some abilities like deathpact and AMS worthless.

If they bring it back they've failed.
    Its unknown if this is a bug or not but percentage heals and absorbs are not being lowered by this battle fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi Kass View Post
    So when will Resilience be back as well?
    My first thought as well.

We were supposed to have no adjustments for damage / healing / anything for PVP. That was the reason for the squish to not be quite as squishy, for example. Yet here we have this.

They are freaking monkeys who don't know what they are doing. They say big words and then they break all that they said in a blink of an eye, in order to solve a minute problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Only a matter of time until they bring in pvp power also.
    They will use a different name!!! It will solve everything!

I don't understand the implementation of Battle Fatigue/PVP Power. When PVP existed without it, back in WOTLK and BC, was it that much of a problem? I don't get it. Why is it a problem now? Why can't we go back to putting resilience on gear, and call it a day?

I actually really like the way things are feeling on the beta, don't get me wrong. You're not punished in PVP for making small mistakes which would otherwise have killed you in a more fast paced environment. But a blanket nerf to healing? Why don't you just tune individual classes or something. If the problem is that some classes are healing too much, then you tune those classes more appropriately. What happens to the classes that were healing just fine? What happens to classes that rely on healing as their only form of defense?

I'm a Ret pally, and I shudder at the prospect of these changes. I have no real control over the battlefield in terms of my own survivability. When I'm in a sticky situation, I can't just AoE fear everyone and run away. I can't kite/slow/disengage/leap/charge/fear to gain control of a situation. My only form of defense usually means sitting and hardcasting heals. When I become less efficient at healing myself, while others still retain full effectiveness of their defensive toolkits, then things become imbalanced.

Please revert this change, Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ I can totally understand you. Retpaladins really do suffer from this, as noticed in arena. I never ever run into a ret.

As for the holy paladin / holy priest situation, I seem to be right. http://www.arenamate.net/ shows a very low percentile of paladins, while priests are mid-tier. However shadow is represented fairly well aswell, making priests pretty viable.

As a rogue who has had his abilities parried like crazy by monks I agree with the 15% experitise bit at least. The healing one I don't really get why they put it.

The reason that bf is problematic is because it screws some spec over the others - for example on live boomkin still heal as much as healers while rets are screwed to unplayableness.

If they really cannot remove it they shoild make it just apply to healers. Other specs can be nerfed without touching pve.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Its unknown if this is a bug or not but percentage heals and absorbs are not being lowered by this battle fatigue.
    That is good to hear, long cooldown abilities like Desperate Plea, Death Pact or Enraged Regeneration should not be affected by it imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why this is even needed. Dodge/parry adds flavor to combat. Dampening healing makes healers feel weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Casters have so little avoidance it makes no difference (my Mage has like 3% dodge, 0% parry), and melee will have enough base exp to cap that (on live). My Rogue has 29% Dodge/3% Parry with no buffs. Proccs jump that up to 37% Dodge - Plate wearers have pretty much the same but in Parry, my half Prideful Warrior has 23% Parry with 3% Dodge, again jumping up with proccs to nearly 30%. Casters can't dodge or parry whilst they are casting either, and if they are not casting chances are they are attempting to run away, mostly facing away.

Basically, this change only helps melee vs melee, which is good because RNG is annoying.
    "Hit and Expertise Removal
    Hit and Expertise were not fun stats. They acted to remove a penalty, instead of making you stronger. Most players treated Hit/Expertise caps as mandatory (rightfully so), with failure to reach those caps as a trap of sorts. After adjusting, gemming, and reforging gear to meet that cap, players could then go after the actual damage-increasing stats. We decided to remove Hit and Expertise, and make it so you don't need them. We still want melee specializations to attack creatures from behind when possible, so attacks from the front will have a 3% chance to be parried that cannot be eliminated for non-tanking specializations."

Quoted from blizzard.

So I will assume the chance to dodge attacks from melee is technically zero then if they are giving you "baseline" expertise equivalent to standard dodge percentage.

Second, you cannot be parried anymore, but you said people where capping the dodge/parry on live anyhow. I will take your word for this as I don't play melee.

Now lets assume high agility class as a hunter can dodge 15% with 550 gear. 15% expertise means you will never miss that slimy little hunter again. This also means talents like quickness are completely useless. Bad design.

So back to my point, looks like Holinka was having trouble beating range (hunters) and healers so he buffed melee
    Last edited by morislayer; 2014-09-12 at 03:41 PM.