Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Feedback systems need to be based on written feedback, not rating.

Problems that one person has with a guy are not things in bothered by, nevertheless I still see him with a 2star rating or whatever.

For example, say a warrior currently being a dps rolls on a shield for his offspec. The Prot paladin tank also wanted that shield. I dont really care about MS>OS for dungeons, but the tank might, and he would rate the warrior down. Looking at the warrior, I wouldnt know that he just rolled on an item that the tank also wanted, I would just see that he had a bad rating. If Im starting a pug for a raid and see this warrior, I wouldnt want to take him because of his rating, if I knew its because he rolled on a shield in a dungeon then I would have no issues taking him for a pug when its personal loot or master loot because in both cases there wouldnt be an issue, as shields clearly go to a tank before dps if you are running MS>OS.

Or another example, Im running with a shaman who is just awful at DPS. I mean its just sad how low he is for his gear. I rate him down. Somebody else is pugging for easy content where the shaman's dps is sufficient, and they see his rating. They wouldnt want to take him because based on the rating he may be a jerk. In reality, hes a nice guy who is just not good enough for hard content. He can easily do a MSV farm run, but based on my rating why would they want to grab him? He could be an ass.

Up and Down votes or ratings are terrible because there is no standard for them. Where does the guy whose computer is made of ass but can instruct like a pro get rated? What about the guy who was a great dps but skipped out halfway? The tank that goes on an ego trip or the healer who funnels onto the tank? In the game, there are two major things to take care of; behavior and performance. Even when you rate these separately, there is a lot of space for errors. Is rolling on a tank shield in a dungeon for your OS bad behavior? Some would say yes, others would say no. Neither is right or wrong, its personal opinion. Or performance, is a dps good because of their gear or are they good for their gear? A 580 player pulling 200k is doing good dps as far as Flex or most of normal goes, but its terrible for 580 gear.

Detailed blurbs are more helpful than anything else.
    Last edited by Giscoicus; 2014-09-11 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Feedback systems need to be based on written feedback, not rating.
    I've read your post and have to agree. The rating system is much more nuanced than an upvote or a downvote when it comes to WoW.

Perhaps this is the best argument against it. The written feedback is a good idea in theory but imagine reading all the notes for one player - and all the trolling those notes can be subject to. It would be a game of he said she said. The voting system would turn into a rumor mill.

I'm glad I started this thread because after reading all the posts and seeing the different opinions I understand why something like this isn't likely to happen. It's too complex, open to abuse but most of all it's too nuanced to be reduced to an upvote or a downvote.

Hopefully with the new LFD system they're implementing it should be easy to make your own groups, and weed out the people who are a nuisance.