hit/miss chance in WoD

I downloaded PTR yesterday, and tried to get hold of new eclipse mechanic.
    While doing that I noticed that my spells tend to miss more than they hit the raider's training dummy.

I must have missed official explanations how this hit/miss is gonna work now.
    I assumed with hit rating gone I should never miss
    Can someone enlighten me in that matter?

raider's target dummy is tuned to be a level 100's raiding dummy, not a 90's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they boosted it to 103.

ty both for your remarks, but they do not answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    ty both for your remarks, but they do not answer my question.
    They answer your question. You only have hit cap for your lvl+3 lvl mobs. If you're 90, and the dummy is 103, you will miss it badly. It's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    They answer your question. You only have hit cap for your lvl+3 lvl mobs. If you're 90, and the dummy is 103, you will miss it badly. It's normal.
    With all due respect, they didnt answer it.
    Fortunately you did, at least partially.
    One more thing though - what is the hit (or miss) chance with +4 lvl targets?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    Pretty much this. Have you ever gone up to a raiders dummy at level 60 or a low level and attempted to hit it? You miss a ton even behind it. Even at hit cap, you are only able to hit Boss level mobs for your level. Each boss is max level +3. So the new one is 100 + 3 so level 103 in total. At level 90, trying to hit a level 103 mob, you are going to miss. A lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    They did, but they assumed you knew that hit chance was reduced against higher levels. You can tell that find hovering over hit on your character sheet or from 30 seconds of testing. And it has been that way since the game was released.

There is no +4 level targets. I would assume if you mean a 90 going against a level 4, you wont remain capped.

Beyond that, what was not answered? Think of it like this. Hit is hidden. You are automatically and passively put to hit cap. For melee, that would be 7% hit. That will help never miss targets that are 3 or less levels above you.

something around 1% per lvl i really don't remember exact numbers
    @lvl 90 you need 5% for lvl 90's not to miss/dodge
    @ lvl93(raid bosses, HC dungeon bosses if i'm not mistaking tho) you need 7,5%(was 8% earlier)
    So we could say something like 0.8-1% per lvl difference
    Last edited by Macor; 2014-09-11 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    something around 1% per lvl i really don't remember exact numbers
    @lvl 90 you need 5% for lvl 90's not to miss/dodge
    @ lvl93(raid bosses, HC dungeon bosses if i'm not mistaking tho) you need 7,5%(was 8% earlier)
    So we could say something like 0.8-1% per lvl difference
    I perfectly understand how it is working on current live version.
    I was asking how it was changed for WoD, cos there is no hit rating there to hover my mouse cursor over it.
    Since they got rid of hit rating at all, it could be easily changed totally, like + 10 % miss chance for each + 1 level target.
    Hence I asked initial question.

There are + 4 level targets, while you level, and go into wrong zone, which I did plenty while leveling in MoP, just to see if I can take them down.

Anyway, thank you for all the answers, I have no further questions.

I downloaded PTR yesterday, and tried to get hold of new eclipse mechanic.
    While doing that I noticed that my spells tend to miss more than they hit the raider's training dummy.

I must have missed official explanations how this hit/miss is gonna work now.
    I assumed with hit rating gone I should never miss
    Can someone enlighten me in that matter?

The dmg also is a shit tonne less too.