Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Of course he doesn't. He's a typical uninformed but ideologically-motivated antitheist. Religion accounts for around 6-7 percent of all wars and around 2 percent of all war casualties.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-...b_1400766.html
    See now, if you'd actually linked an article that *wasn't* written by a Rabbi, then that might actually help, instead of this biased nonsense written by a crazed person.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The concept of religion and a deity defies all logic.
    People like you are why we can't have civilized discussions on OT. Thanks for derailing

The concept of existence without creation defies all logic. Next?

10+ Year Old Account
    No he did not. He died because he pissed off the wrong crowd.
    It might not even be the same person that did all of it, there are theories that there are multiple people gathered under the name jesus in the bible.

No he did not. He died because he pissed off the wrong crowd.
    Ya know, sometimes the mods are merciful and don't lock threads like this till they get out of hand, but if you go around saying stuff like that and then other people respond to you with a similar level of vitriol the thread will get zapped as soon as a mod notices it. I get that you've got an axe to grind, and who doesn't like grinding axes, but could you please cool it and not start stuff?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    How shocking, an atheist gets first blood on killing off the civility of the thread.
    Technically, since it's a forbidden topic; the OP did that by breaking the forum rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It might not even be the same person that did all of it, there are theories that there are multiple people gathered under the name jesus in the bible.
    Not to mention that the chances of him actually being named "Jesus" is about 0. And his "origin" is basically the same as we've seen in a variety of other deities, such as Buddha, Horus and Mitras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The concept of existence without creation defies all logic. Next?
    Man made God, not the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Ya know, sometimes the mods are merciful and don't lock threads like this till they get out of hand, but if you go around saying stuff like that and then other people respond to you with a similar level of vitriol the thread will get zapped as soon as a mod notices it. I get that you've got an axe to grind, and who doesn't like grinding axes, but could you please cool it and not start stuff?
    Axe grinding or not; it's true. Had he not managed to piss off the jewish high priests; he wouldn't have been turned into a rather fancy ornament.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    People like you are why we can't have civilized discussions on OT. Thanks for derailing
    Topic isn't allowed, so there. Also, it's impossible to have a fully civilized discussion regarding religion, since you are dealing with absurd elements.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    1. How come you're religious/nonreligious? Because I was born a catholic, and we're never raised to be hardcore

2. How knowledgable are you on the other religions/your own religion? extensively, I took several classes in college

3. What's your view on your own religion/other religions? different names for the same thing. Every religion at it's roots is essentially the same, simply because all humans are the same

4. What's your view on religion as a whole? the original point was to explain shit, then it became a way to guide people through fear to be good people. religion IS NOT behind all the wars, it is simply used as an excuse for them. For those who need faith it is both good and bad.

5. When did you realize you were religious/not religious? I really just generally don't give a crap either way, I just try to be a good person. Good ol' pope says that's all I need to do

- - - Updated - - -

the concept of religion is absolutely logical, I doubt your ability to find the logic in them.

"modern" religion. Mainly meaning when religion moved from an explication for natural disasters, to a guidebook to life, is entirely logical. Give any story from the bible, and it would be incredibly simple to give a logical explanation for every one
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Axe grinding or not; it's true. Had he not managed to piss off the jewish high priests; he wouldn't have been turned into a rather fancy ornament.
    I don't get people like you. I don't care if you believe or not, but why do you have the need to mock someone who has been crusified? Is it somehow fun to you? Do you mock the victims of holocaust too? They died because of their religion. Or is it funny to you that ISIS is killing "wrong-believers" in Irak?
    Last edited by mmoc164cc86bb2; 2014-09-11 at 01:02 PM.

Topic isn't allowed, so there. Also, it's impossible to have a fully civilized discussion regarding religion, since you are dealing with absurd elements.
    Wait...this right here is a gem. You are saying that since you don't believe in certain aspects of the discussion it is somehow impossible for you to discuss it without being a dick?

My god. That's, like, the craziest thing I've heard around here in days.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCakepie View Post
    Hi! I know religion is a forbidden topic for discussion on this forum, so I hope this Q&A/survey format doesn't cross the line!

Anyway, I would love to have some answers/opinions on a few questions. You don't have to answer them all if you don't want to!

1. How come you're religious/nonreligious?

2. How knowledgable are you on the other religions/your own religion?

3. What's your view on your own religion/other religions?

4. What's your view on religion as a whole?

5. When did you realise you were religious/not religious?

Thank you in advance!
    1. I like the holidays and traditions and religious people are easier to get along with

2. Pretty knowledgeable

3. There are 2 I dislike (not Islam) but otherwise neutral

4. Love it, it brings us fun holidays and cultural events and rituals

5. I have never accepted authority so I'm technically agnostic since no one has ever been able to prove anything to me regarding religion including the atheists. Im just catholic because I like going to church and did I mention the holidays?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Atheist, it just never caught own. I didn't even realize my parents were serious about it until I was 7 or 8.

2. I never studied Christianity deeply, but I grew up in a very, very religious family so I have plenty of knowledge of it. I do know the history of Hinduism and Buddhism fairly in depth though.

3. All I see them as is a coping mechanism. I don't care for them, don't usually associate myself with people who are serious about it.

4. I think it started out to explain the unknown, but went downhill when people learned to abuse it and it has never recovered. I don't think it serves a valuable purpose in modern society.

5. I never considered myself anything. If there were one religion to be correct, I'd want it to be Buddhism. The idea of reincarnation is appealing to me. I would hope to never reach enlightenment/ Nirvana though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCakepie View Post
    Hi! I know religion is a forbidden topic for discussion on this forum,
    Yeah, that's about the measure of it.

If you know a topic is against the rules then it's best to just leave it alone.