Thread: Feral and RBGs

Feral and RBGs

Hey all, I just want to ask the reason why no one ever wants a feral druid for RBGs? right now I am sitting at 1850 RBG rating on my druid and I actually can't get into any groups at all because I am simply feral spec. What's the big deal? I know how to play my spec, I communicate, I know how to CC, dispell and can target call quite well.

Just curious as this is getting pretty stupid that I cannot find a group simply because I play a certain spec ...

Quote Originally Posted by Whysper View Post
    Hey all, I just want to ask the reason why no one ever wants a feral druid for RBGs? right now I am sitting at 1850 RBG rating on my druid and I actually can't get into any groups at all because I am simply feral spec. What's the big deal? I know how to play my spec, I communicate, I know how to CC, dispell and can target call quite well.

Just curious as this is getting pretty stupid that I cannot find a group simply because I play a certain spec ...
    Feral seems to be a weaker class in an RBG scenario. They are melee with next to no CC and are very vulnerable to casters. In any case, it will always be better to bring a caster instead of a feral. Same goes for some other specs, like ret.

Quote Originally Posted by quitefrankly View Post
    Feral seems to be a weaker class in an RBG scenario. They are melee with next to no CC and are very vulnerable to casters. In any case, it will always be better to bring a caster instead of a feral. Same goes for some other specs, like ret.
    I honestly don't know where this we have next to no CC comes from. We have ALOT of CC in the form of stuns, disorients, Cyclone, sleep (on some things). That is more than alot of other classes bring. I don't see how we are more vulnerable to casters than any other class is tbh, can you explain why please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ferals/guardians are in very high demand, but you have to fc and guard nodes. Nobody will take you for team fights because there are much better classes for that (lock, frost mage, sp, dk, warrior, etc). If you want to get past the 1800 yolos then you need to fc. It's the same reason why nobody will take a dk that can't target call, rogue that can't ninja, huntard that can't defend nodes, or healer that can't heal/dispel.
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2014-09-11 at 01:11 PM.

Ferals are in demand, just not for the role you want to play.

This is what I mean, Guardian druids are in high demand but I want to know what is so bad about having a feral in the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is so bad about having a feral in the group.
    Not willing to fc? Can you do as much damage as an aff lock, dk, sp, arms warrior, etc? No? Take a seat on the bench next to rets, enhance, and ww.
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2014-09-11 at 08:36 PM.

I honestly don't know where this we have next to no CC comes from. We have ALOT of CC in the form of stuns, disorients, Cyclone, sleep (on some things). That is more than alot of other classes bring. I don't see how we are more vulnerable to casters than any other class is tbh, can you explain why please?
    on paper yes they have a nice range of cc, but in practice they have a limited tool kit. But its more to the nature of rbgs melee are only good of they are silly ridiculous op or bring a very specific niche like death grip/smoke bomb.

Feral doesn't bring anything unique to a RBG team. They have no unique utility like vampiric touch, death grip, totems, etc. while also being kinda squishy in kitty form.

This puts them in the same undesirable spot with enh shamans, ret paladins, ww monks, hunters, etc.

Deleted
    What's the big deal? I know how to play my spec, I communicate, I know how to CC, dispell and can target call quite well.

Successful rbg comps use:
    * good healers with utility, maybe 1 pure HPS machine
    * whatever tank / node protector is strongest for the map
    * smoke bomb and grip
    * dps that can a) target switch at any time b) spread pressure c) range dps d) spam CC without cooldown e) mass CC f) burst reliably

Feral sadly doesn't fit into the dps category.
    High rated rbg consists of Hogwarts stalemates between two cheating groups. It's not worth going for imo. Ever wondered why there's no high rated RBG on twitch? Why there are no RBG tournaments? Play-to-win RBG is the definition of aids.

Offtopic: You said you know how to cc, how to play etc. But your asking this question shows that you don't know the fundamental basics of RBG 'meta'. You don't seem to know the limitations of the class that you play.
    That's like dudes proudly spamming you with the number of their gems slots when they want to join your Challenge Mode group. Then you look them up and see they use ppm trinkets and the legendary meta in their CM gear. Pseudo-knowledge.
    P.S. I'm genuinely sorry if this sounded insulting. I really don't mean to. That's just my opinion on it, no sugar-coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    Successful rbg comps use:
    * good healers with utility, maybe 1 pure HPS machine
    * whatever tank / node protector is strongest for the map
    * smoke bomb and grip
    * dps that can a) target switch at any time b) spread pressure c) range dps d) spam CC without cooldown e) mass CC f) burst reliably

Feral sadly doesn't fit into the dps category.
    High rated rbg consists of Hogwarts stalemates between two cheating groups. It's not worth going for imo. Ever wondered why there's no high rated RBG on twitch? Why there are no RBG tournaments? Play-to-win RBG is the definition of aids.

Offtopic: You said you know how to cc, how to play etc. But your asking this question shows that you don't know the fundamental basics of RBG 'meta'. You don't seem to know the limitations of the class that you play.
    That's like dudes proudly spamming you with the number of their gems slots when they want to join your Challenge Mode group. Then you look them up and see they use ppm trinkets and the legendary meta in their CM gear. Pseudo-knowledge.
    P.S. I'm genuinely sorry if this sounded insulting. I really don't mean to. That's just my opinion on it, no sugar-coating.
    I do know exactly the limitations of my class, By far and away we are probably one of the worst classes to target swap as we are streamlined into being single target damage dealers but I played rogue for many years and I know how to deal damage and target swap effectively (before redirect was introduced). I play mainly two classes atm, Shadow Priest and Feral/Guardian druid. Not asking to be first choice by any means just wish people would give us a shot, especially if it's only down at the 1.8K bracket.